Watch and Listen Podcast 29: The Watches & History of TAG Heuer

1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 19, 2018

2. Hubert

Hubert Aug 19, 2018

I like Matt and his car reviews, but this video has so many moments that made me cringe.

heuer1860 likes this.
  3. heuer1860

heuer1860 Aug 20, 2018

I just watched it. It was a hard watch and Hubert, I completely agree on those cringe moments.

Hubert likes this.
  4. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 20, 2018

Indeed, it's like do they actually have a clue what they are talking about?

Hubert likes this.
  5. heuer1860

heuer1860 Aug 20, 2018

I gotta be honest, I actually only got half way through before thinking "why and I watching this" and stopped.
    Then it dawned on me this morning, if I think of this as a comedy, it might be worth taking in the second half.

I mean, they cant be serious when the show goes like this.... to the .....Master watch maker
    Question "Cameron, can you explain the Oscillating Pinion"
    Answer, " Honestly I don't know, it could be anything"
    I was waiting for the "Badda Boom" sound byte to signify the punch line.
    Poor bugger was certainly put on the spot and I actually felt for him.

And before anyone starts shouting " I bet you don't know what an Oscillating pinion is"
    No I don't, and I'm none the wiser after watching this.

Hubert likes this.
  6. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 21, 2018

So much potential for an interesting podcast.... squandered. And as per usual, the last three decades are skated over like they don't matter.

7. absolutemustard

absolutemustard Aug 22, 2018

I hate to add to the negativity, but that was a very unprepared podcast. At least check out some websites before you go live.

Oscillating pinion is a fairly easy and important concept in chronographs

8. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 22, 2018

I think what annoys me the most is that they fall into the same trap as most people who make documentaries, or 'histories' of anything, they focus on the stuff everyone knows and prioritise it rather than giving everything a fair crack. I mean okay TAG has 150 years to cover, but everyone knows about the Monaco and Steve McQueen, and casual watch fans are not going to watch a 90min video. Tell us about the 'Edge' or something not many people know about. It's like if you subscribe to watch channels often it's the same old same old: Hamilton Khaki, Seiko SKX, Omega Speedmaster.... we don't need any more videos about any of those watches. Talk about something 'else', it's not like Omega/Seiko/Hamilton haven't made a ton of other watches is it?

It's like when bands have a 'history' of video, the stuff about the album that sold four million copies is dull and we've heard it all before, but that weird electronic album you made that no one bought - tell us what that was all about! Or say you making a documentary about the history of McLaren, I don't want to hear about the Senna and Prost years AGAIN. Tell me about what went on with Michael Andretti or why Ron kept bursting into tears every time Kimi won a race.

Jim Dollares likes this.