1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 6, 2018

Time to create a standalone topic on the idea of a Forum get together- which is something I'd love to do. We've discussed it over here:

https://forums.calibre11.com/threads/going-to-geneva.81590/#post-1047032

If the interest was there, I could try and organise a visit and tour of TAG Heuer's HQ for us. The perfect time to do it would be around one of the major watch shows, and in this case the best option for me would be SIHH 2019, which starts on 14 January 2019. While TAG Heuer doesn't formally exhibit at SIHH, the LVMH brands do have a seperate exhibition in Geneva at the same time.

So what could the trip be?
    - 3-4 Days
    - Visit TAG Heuer HQ around 12 January
    - Head to Geneva for TAG Heuer January launches
    - Those interested can then also attend SIHH, which starts on the 14th of Jan
    - All costs would be at our expense

If we had at least 6 people with a serious interest, I'll discuss with TAG Heuer and we'll try and make it happen!

dc

Edited Sep 6, 2018
    Albert-AMG, Jim Dollares and dtf like this.
  2. Lugduno

Lugduno Sep 6, 2018

I always find it hard to plan trips like these long time in advance (especially since I don't yet have a schedule over my studies over January). With that said, however, I would love to join in I would be allowed!

3. dtf

dtf Sep 6, 2018

I'm definitely interested, will check dates for my January ski trip and take a look at rough costs.

#nb likes this.
  4. Yago

Yago Sep 6, 2018

Interested for a few days, busy period with upcoming trade show so I'd probably skip SIHH. TH visit would be awesome

5. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Sep 6, 2018

Sign me up as seriously interested!

Like @Yago said I would probably skip Sihh...

@Lugduno, depending on where in the world you are in January, perhaps we could synch the trip from Sweden? :cool:

6. Lugduno

Lugduno Sep 6, 2018

To be honest @Jim Dollares, it would be a lot of fun to meet you in person after all the time spent discussing, both here and KS! As for now, if I would be invitied to join I'd probably travel from the Netherlands. Otherwise I'm mostly spending my time in Sweden around the Blekinge/Skåne area!

Jim Dollares likes this.
  7. SteveP

SteveP Sep 6, 2018

I have to say I'm a teensy bit tempted to throw my hat in David, I never made it to CdF in November and there's a particular watch I'd like to see on display at the museum. (well, all of them in truth!)
    Steve

Ara likes this.
  8. SteveP

SteveP Sep 6, 2018

+1 more interested from a good Heuer friend of mine. :)

9. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Sep 6, 2018

Agree, it would be awesome to meet in person! I will most likely fly from Sthlm...

10. Lugduno

Lugduno Sep 6, 2018

Well, in that case I definetley hope that both you and I get invited to the trip. In a worst case scenario we just have to talk with the other guests too and not only between ourselves;)

Jim Dollares likes this.
  11. heuer1860

heuer1860 Sep 6, 2018

HI David, This is very tempting and would love to join this trip but unfortunately, I will be stuck at home at that time with Business guests coming from overseas.
    I might take you up on the invitation to see the museum sometime later in the year if that was possible.

12. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Sep 6, 2018

If the amazing King @Hubert joins us I don't know if I will have the nerves to say anything at all :D

13. Hubert

Hubert Sep 6, 2018

Thanks for the kind words Jim!

At this point, unfortunately it's looking like a no for me, due to prior work commitments. :(

14. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 6, 2018

OK, let me ask the question!

15. Lugduno

Lugduno Sep 6, 2018

To bad Hubert, it would have been fun to have a conversation with you. Now I need to survive with @Jim Dollares (nothing personally;))
    Thanks a lot for asking around David, I'm sure it will be appreciated by the people that will be able to follow along!

Hubert likes this.
  16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 7, 2018

Polishing his watch collection is a full time job, he has no spare time for such frippery!:p

Jim Dollares and Hubert like this.
  17. Hubert

Hubert Sep 7, 2018

upload_2018-9-7_9-26-5.png

Ara likes this.
  18. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 7, 2018

I think we need to start a kickstarter campaign to get Hubert to attend...won't be the same without you :(

Aquagraph, Jim Dollares and Hubert like this.
  19. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Sep 7, 2018

I am super interested.

So what we need to prepare from ourselves is to arrive at Geneva and group up with the rest of Calibre11 team right ?

20. Hubert

Hubert Sep 8, 2018

That is so very kind and lovely for you to say! Deeply touched and honored; thank you.

I've been trying to see how I could make this work, but unfortunately there are just too many complications. :(