1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 1, 2019

I just got an email from Lulu Guinness (handbag company, because my wife likes bags and blah blah blah...) and in the email was some pics of new releases. Here's one...
    unnamed.png
    I was just wondering if we could have Patrick Dempsey behind a coffee machine, or Steve McQueen behind a door... #THINKOUTSIDETHEBOX

Mspeedster and Jim Dollares like this.
  2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Aug 1, 2019

Haha! At least this will create a lot of brilliant ideas for the next photo competition hosted by David :D

3. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 1, 2019

At first glance, I thought maybe that was your wife, hiding to keep her identity secret. LOL.
    Is the handbag model even somebody famous?

While I like the idea of thinking outside the box, if TH were to use a "celebrity" ambassador for such a pic, it would seem like a waste of their money unless you could tell who it was.

4. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Aug 1, 2019

Why bother with somebody famous, if TH have to pay someone to be the ambassador they are only doing an ad job, ie for the money, we need someone who would normally wear one, say a heart surgeon, fire fighter, retired parts manager;) or the like, but then I’m not swayed by celebrities promoting products for the money.

5. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Aug 24, 2019

Astronauts wearing the speed-master, swayed me :D. Do they count as celebs?

6. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Aug 25, 2019

I don’t think so in that way, I don’t imagine they weren’t paid to wear and promote them, at least initially, and they all wore the same watch, it was part of the kit, nor were many considered celebs in the early days?

7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 25, 2019

Not 'celebs', but surely Neil Armstrong is one of the most famous men ever to live, and will be for eternity.

8. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Aug 25, 2019

Aha, but I meant that in early days of space flight when the watch was adopted as standard these guys the superstars they (rightly) became, a great many folk will know Neil Armstrong but shown the watch won’t link it to him.

9. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 25, 2019

That's quite different to me. It's one of those circumstances in history that has defined the Omega Speedmaster's legacy forever. Similar to McQueen picking the Monaco for Le Mans or Ian Fleming writing that James Bond wore a Rolex and Connery wearing the Submariner in the films. These are all unpaid non-intentional endorsements that no modern ambassador or marketing scheme could ever hope to match.