THE GUARDIAN: Still ticking: The improbable survival of the luxury watch business

1. Hubert

Hubert Oct 31, 2016

2. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Oct 31, 2016

Gosh. very good article ! thanks.

I always wanted to go to Baselworld. can anyone share their experience of visiting Baselworld. its not hard to get in right ? i mean pay the ticket and you can go in right ?

3. friendharry

friendharry Oct 31, 2016

Hi
    I went to Baselworld many times. Not difficult. Basel is a beautifulCity!

4. friendharry

friendharry Oct 31, 2016

You need to plan min. 2 days to really enjoy. The best is to be invited by a bramd ;) evening events are so cool

automobilia42 and dtf like this.
  5. friendharry

friendharry Oct 31, 2016

And The Guardian article is very spot on!

6. automobilia42

automobilia42 Oct 31, 2016

Yep, just buy the ticket and that's it. But exactly as friendharry says: plan at least 2 days, one is too short to see it all, and Basel is great, lot's of restaurants, has it's own airport and a big trainstation.
    If you are going and know at which date book a hotel early as otherwise most rooms will be gone in downtown Basel city.
    But you can also book outside Basel and take the train, I did that this year and was just a 10 minute drive.

dtf likes this.
  7. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Nov 1, 2016

Thanks all for the info. Its my dream to go. Hopefully next year or next next year.

I live so far away from Europe. Although I've been to Europe but i never been to Swiss.