1. Monaco

Monaco Dec 2, 2015

The TAG does, but the Omate has its own simcard slot... So can act independently of the phone. It also runs a full version of android rather than android wear...

2. Hubert

Hubert Dec 2, 2015

Got it. I thought you were referring to TH's Connected.

3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 3, 2015

4. huecobros

huecobros Dec 3, 2015

i really don't see what the fuss is all about with smart watches, you already have a smart phone, i don't get why people want to charge a watch every night.

dtf likes this.
  5. dtf

dtf Dec 3, 2015

Yes, but arguably I have to either wear or wind my mechanical watches every day or two, and I don't generally sleep in my watch, so it's not a huge step. My bigger concern is battery life with use, I already charge my phones during the day if I'm working mobile, I do not want to do that with my watch to.

6. Hubert

Hubert Dec 3, 2015

I can tell you that the email "preview" notifications are really useful, especially when you are on meetings where you are not supposed to be checking your phone or computer. This allows you to quickly assess if something is urgent enough to merit getting your device to answer it right away.

7. jamie1983

jamie1983 Dec 4, 2015

I think it is the best looking smart watch by far, however the functionality is a bit lacking. If it had the functions of the Garmin Fenix 3 I would order it in a second.

dtf likes this.
  8. jamie1983

jamie1983 Dec 4, 2015

I agree...this was going to be my other concern....paying more than $500 or so for something that will be outdated technology in 12-18 months is hard.

9. Timey-Wimey

Timey-Wimey Dec 4, 2015

I thought I'd read it was titanium. Maybe something changed pre-production.

10. Monaco

Monaco Dec 4, 2015

Again, I was referring to the Omate, mentioned in the previous post...

Edited Dec 4, 2015
  11. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 4, 2015

Article here suggests that sales have been very strong:

TAG Heuer can't keep up with demand for its Connected Android Wear smartwatch, will increase production

Announced and launched in November as "the first luxury watch powered by Android Wear" (these are Google's words), the TAG Heuer Connected is also one of the most expensive smartwatches out there, as it costs $1,500. But the device's high price doesn't seem to be stopping customers from buying it.

According to Bloomberg, retailers and subsidiaries around the world have requested about 100,000 TAG Heuer Connected units. This has prompted TAG Heuer to increase production from 1,200 to 2,000 units per week. At the moment, the company can't keep up with demand, so it's suspending online sales until next year, thus giving priority to physical retail stores.

Powered by a dual-core Intel processor clocked at 1.6 GHz, the TAG Heuer Connected is made out of titanium, it's water-resistant, and resembles a classic TAG Heuer Carrera watch. Its features include a 1.5-inch circular sapphire crystal touchscreen display with 360 x 360 pixels, 1 GB of RAM, 4 GB of internal memory, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and a 410 mAh battery.

After seeing how successful its first smartwatch is, TAG Heuer CEO Jean-Claude Biver said that the company plans to develop an entire collection of smartwatches - different models, different materials, and so on. The new collection should be released in late 2016, or early 2017.

12. Hubert

Hubert Dec 5, 2015

While I am very glad to read this, I hope they don't go overboard with too many units or variants. I also would like them to expand the exchange program, so that we can trade in our Connected watches for next generation models.

13. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 5, 2015

Sounds very similar to the Apple Watch launch, all doom and gloom predictions that nobody will want it then impressive sales and high owner satisfaction.

14. Hubert

Hubert Dec 6, 2015

huecobros likes this.
  15. WernerBoeinck

WernerBoeinck Dec 6, 2015

Wow! Full House!

Hubert likes this.
  16. imagwai

imagwai Dec 6, 2015

That video is just like my life... NOT.

And how expensive was that one day? Helicopter rides, new suits, headphones, poker games, eating out. That guy must have blown thousands of dollars! Presumably then the watch is being marketed at very well-off hipsters.

gregc likes this.
  17. huecobros

huecobros Dec 6, 2015

i understand, but then again, i don't want to be connected to my emails and work even when im not looking at my phone.

Aren't all smart watches marketed for hipsters?

18. Hubert

Hubert Dec 8, 2015

http://www.wareable.com/android-wear/tag-heuer-connected-review-2015
    4 stars / 5

19. Snowy_999

Snowy_999 Dec 10, 2015

Hi all new to the forums, been reading the site for a while but only just signed up.

Got my connected yesterday, absolutely love it. I've just retired an lg g watch r and had a moto 360 and original pebble prior to that. I have to say this beats the pants off all of them.

It's a bit bigger than I expected but it looks amazing.

Very happy with the purchase

20. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Dec 10, 2015

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

From a pure tech point of view, how does the Connected compare with your other Smartwatches?