1. elbeik

elbeik Nov 17, 2015

2. twitchyzero

twitchyzero Nov 18, 2015

Manual clearly says this watch is assembled in China

Is the Ronda 763 a Swiss Made movement? Movado doesn't say where the Bold Motion is made in unlike the Museum Sport Motion.

Where are you guys getting word that Breitling Exospace is launching this week? Everything points to Dec 16.

Edited Nov 18, 2015
  3. Hubert

Hubert Nov 18, 2015

4. Hubert

Hubert Nov 19, 2015

API 23 SDK now available for Android Wear

5. Hubert

Hubert Nov 19, 2015

6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 20, 2015

Just saw that- wow, that's quite an admission- potentially cancelling!

http://mashable.com/2015/11/20/lg-cancels-watch-urbane-2nd-edition/#zjP0fLLym5qc
    LG cancels rollout of new smartwatch due to 'hardware issue'

LG's latest smartwatch, the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition, is not off to a great start — and it might never really start at all.

According to multiple reports, the company has canceled the rollout of the watch worldwide due to an unspecified "hardware issue."

According to 9to5Google, AT&T started notifying customers of a "quality issue" with the watch, offering them a refund.

And Android Police, which reviewed the watch, received an email from LG claiming this "complicated" issue "affects the day-to-day functionality of the device."

Be that as it may, the interesting part comes at the end of that email, where LG says it's unsure whether the device will be available in the future, which will be decided "at a later time." While we don't precisely know what the problem with the Urbane 2nd Edition is, it seems serious enough for LG to consider canceling the product altogether.

The LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition is the world's first Android Wear watch with LTE support, with a 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 768MB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage and a large 570mAh battery.

In our short hands-on time with the device, we found it to be even clunkier than the originalUrbane, but we didn't have a chance to see its software.

7. Calibre11

Yes, sorry 16th it is.

OK, so made in China..by Intel

8. Hubert

Hubert Nov 20, 2015

This certainly buys the TH Connected "time", as the LTE capabilities would have been a "killer feature" that would have been hard to compensate.

9. Calibre11

I agree- the nano-SIM inside the LG was the one feature that I wish the Connected offered

Hubert likes this.
  10. Monaco

Monaco Nov 20, 2015

Can anyone confirm if these are sold out in the US?

I'm told they'll go on general sale at the end of December/begning of January. Is it to be a worldwide release or limited to TAG Boutiques only?

11. elbeik

elbeik Nov 20, 2015

Nothing in the Middle East yet

12. Hubert

Hubert Nov 20, 2015

The Connected watch is also sold by Authorized Dealers in the US, but currently on limited availability. You may want to do some calls to find one.

Don't know about the rest of the world.

Monaco likes this.
  13. Nick15

Nick15 Nov 21, 2015

Hi Guys--can you download android wear apps if you have an iPhone? I really like this watch but wanted to make sure it can as least be functional on the iPhone.

14. Hubert

Hubert Nov 21, 2015

I don't have an iPhone. But even on Android, it seems Android Wear is still evolving to allow "independent" installs on the watch. It seems to me that currently the integration depends on being paired with the phone. In other words, the apps "extend" some of the phone's capabilities to the watch.

Here's an interesting read about this topic:
    http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015...-hobbled-google-centric-smartwatch-experience

15. Hubert

Hubert Nov 27, 2015

Interesting approach

16. elbeik

elbeik Nov 28, 2015

Well, we had the battle of the smartphones. Welcome to the battle of the smartwatches.

The opening music of that demo, is, well, corny.. for a smart device :)

17. Timey-Wimey

Timey-Wimey Nov 29, 2015

First: hats off to TAG for doing a proper smart watch and jumping-in in a big way. Second: while I'm not even remotely interested in owning or using a smart watch, if for some reason that were to ever change this would absolutely be it. It looks the way a timepiece should look and is constructed accordingly. The Apple Watch looks just like everything else they make; Apple visual identification first, customer second.

*edit*
    Also worth applauding is TAG not taking the money and leaving their customers behind if this all passes. Offering the option to buy back into a physical watch is an outstanding show of customer respect on their part.

Edited Nov 29, 2015
    Calibre11 likes this.
  18. mnejmantowicz

mnejmantowicz Dec 1, 2015

Edited Dec 1, 2015
  19. Monaco

Monaco Dec 2, 2015

That looks really interesting.... It certainly has an individual look as opposed to the regular nondescript smartwatches out there.

I'd love to see it with a nicer strap, still rubber but with better detailing and butterfly clasp.
    The encasement is plastic. I'd like to see it with a metal case. I don't understand why they upgrade the bezel material to carbon fiber, yet make the case from plastic. Seems like a half measure.
    I don't actually believe that the functionality of smartwatches requires full network connection just yet... I'd have to have a second phone contract to run the device...
    If you don't run it with a sim, will it still function as a good smartwatch when connected to your phone? These are questions that are never answered in the press release, nor the initial previews...

I like it, good effort. But even at a much higher price I'd go for the TAG. The more I consider it (and I was ready to drop the cash a couple of weeks ago), the more I'm inclined to wait for the next generation... even though I guess that being in about two years time...

20. Hubert

Hubert Dec 2, 2015

The watch relies on your phone's access to the Internet (cellular or WiFi) to get "fresh" data.