TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02 Fragment by Fujiwara

1. Yago

Yago Nov 19, 2018

@Hubert as a telemeter owner, your thoughts on the use of this case?

2. elbeik

elbeik Nov 19, 2018

Fantastic watch. I'm guessing Japan only?

3. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Nov 19, 2018

4. heuer_carrera

heuer_carrera Nov 19, 2018

Spot on review!

5. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Nov 19, 2018

I hear you. It does nothing for me. I haver never liked the Telemeter.

6. THJunkie

THJunkie Nov 19, 2018

I only have the recent reissue Tele 18. But quite welcome TH making further use of the case. There are aspects of this new design I’m not keen on (the branding logonon the top) the nonsense fragment label etc. But the use of the telemeter case itself is certainly not one of those aspects.

As to previous point about the tele case being chunky - i’d have to politely disagree. It is the daintiest watch I own and in fact that was my complaint after purchase was that it seemed flimsy and tiny. There is no heft to it. But aesthetically I find it a really handsome piece. I just wish it had a better quality build.

Hope they put a half decent strap on this one and that the job lot of old times straps has been depleted :D

7. Hubert

Hubert Nov 19, 2018

I would have preferred the use of a 41mm case; rather than the Telemeter's. However, I am tentatively optimistic / hopeful that this model won't carry over some of the Telemeter's weak points, since it doesn't have the curved edged dial of its predecessor and since it has three subdials, I hope their sizes are a bit smaller. The glassbox dome is tall, but there not much we can do about that.

Yes, I'm with you on this too.

As of now, I am planning to order one.... although my wallet suggests otherwise.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  8. Ara

Ara Nov 19, 2018

I like it a lot. With new designs like these, TH is going to end my photoshop crusade quickly.

Jim Dollares and Hubert like this.
  9. abrod520

abrod520 Nov 19, 2018

It looks nice and it's a huge step in the right direction for the Carrera as it stands now. But, details make the watch.... and the details sink this one. Get rid of the logo at 12 (which reminds me of the Waffen SS logo more than anything else anyway) and the "FRAGMENT" eyesore on the dial. Put that nonsense on the caseback.

The "Carrera Heuer 02 GMT" sounds like it could be interesting, putting that into the Autavia could fool me into buying another TAG

Jim Dollares likes this.
  10. Hubert

Hubert Nov 19, 2018

No. It will be available in some countries. However, it will be pretty limited.

11. Hubert

Hubert Nov 19, 2018

If you don't like this one, then you possibly might consider another release that should be coming soon for the US market (not a Carrera).

Yago likes this.
  12. Hubert

Hubert Nov 19, 2018

We need a Watchmaker version of this ASAP. :)

Ara likes this.
  13. Hubert

Hubert Nov 19, 2018

THJunkie and Ara like this.
  14. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Nov 19, 2018

One might say whatever about details of the design. Despite that, I am really glad to see new usage of the 02 movement and this is a sign of many good things to come I hope! :)

Yago likes this.
  15. Yago

Yago Nov 19, 2018

Hubert likes this.
  16. imagwai

imagwai Nov 19, 2018

I'll repeat my earlier question because I haven't seen anything yet, but does anybody know if there is somewhere we can sign up for news or to be notified when this is released for purchase?

17. Ara

Ara Nov 19, 2018

Dream come true.

18. Ara

Ara Nov 19, 2018

So cool that they got the Heuer 02 movement to fit into a 39mm case.

Didn't seem possible based on how swollen the modern Autavia looks. Looking forward to more information on this. Gives me hope for more heritage aligned designs in 2019 from TH.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  19. THJunkie

THJunkie Nov 19, 2018

20. Lugduno

Lugduno Nov 19, 2018

And here we have it Ladies and Gentlemen; the Calibre11 post of the year!;)

I quite liked the first look of the watch, but that logo and the text on the side destroys a bit of the overall feeling of the watch. Looks like some kind of Bamford and I have to admit that the proportions of the dial don't fit my taste. However, super cool that we see the Cal. 02 movement in more watches and especially the some more "classic" looking watches.
    __
    Please note that I don't say anything regarding the strap. My parents always said that "if you don't have anything nice to say it's better to say nothing at all"...;)

Yago and Jim Dollares like this.