Forums Latest Auctions Members

TAG Heuer Autavia Isographs Being Removed from the Market

1. Nonsense

Nonsense Sep 29, 2019

A trademark dispute was also my first thought. I just checked the German trade mark register: They are listing a national word mark by Luxembourg Brands S.à r.l. for Nice Class 16, which
    That might relate to Rotring or its current owner Newell (that also own other well known brands like Parker, Waterman, Sharpie, Marmot and of course Rubbermaid). I cannot see a connection of this trademark to watches. (But maybe in countries that are not covered in the German register?)

Interestingly LVMH applied for the EU word mark for ISOGRAPH on June 27, 2019 only, which seems quite late from my point of view. The current status is: "Ex Officio examination completed but third parties opposition or observations possible" The opposition period will end on December 29, 2019.

Greg

Remo and Jim Dollares like this.
  2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 29, 2019

Yes, I just know Jory 'The Time Teller' Goodman, who 'never talks about TAG Heuer', will be itching to get his teeth into this... :mad:

3. imagwai

imagwai Sep 29, 2019

Thirded 20190614_142113.jpg

Nonsense, dtf, Yago and 2 others like this.
  4. Yago

Yago Sep 29, 2019

The BB is a nice watch although maybe it’s not fair to pit it against the Isograph. There are many watches in that price range and the Autavia is a much bolder development than the BB imo.

5. Jjspyder

Jjspyder Sep 29, 2019

It will be interesting to hear the official company line on this issue. I will probably be highly suspicious of whatever they say. I find it unlikely that pairing the Isograph hairspring with a Caliber 5 cannot be done, especially considering I have 2 performing great. I think they are just having production issues with the Isograph and getting low yields for useable hairsprings. With low yields, their costs for this hairspring are probably out of control and they would have had to raise the price of the Autavia Isograph significantly. Instead they are just choosing to remove the Isograph rather than increase the price.

Perhaps the leaked Autavia Isograph flyback chronograph could still hit the market if they price it high enough.

6. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Sep 29, 2019

TAG Heuer will just order the chonometer grade SW200 movement from Sellita.

Yago and jdcdpm52 like this.
  7. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Sep 29, 2019

Any more news on this, @Calibre11?

Remo, Jim Dollares and jdcdpm52 like this.
  8. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Sep 30, 2019

Paul Pluta a.k.a Archie Archibald the III will recind his alliance with Tag Heuer

And so on and so on...
    :D

9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 30, 2019

It appears that TAG Heuer haven't changed the part numbers for the new watches, which seems a bit odd as it's materially different. But then I guess they'd have to redo all the casebacks...

10. dtf

dtf Sep 30, 2019

They're going to have to redo the dials already. Or sell them to the fakers in China?

11. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 30, 2019

not yet...but I'm trying to get it through ASAP, as I know there is a lot of interest...

12. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 10, 2019

OK, just pulling things together...will have this posted later this evening (NZT). We covered the future of the Heuer 01, the Grand Carrera Heuer 03XT (remember that?), the Isograph...and a few other things ::stirthepot::

Remo, Jim Dollares, Hubert and 3 others like this.
  13. jdcdpm52

jdcdpm52 Oct 10, 2019

Awesome! Been patiently waiting....looking forward to the read! Thanks for all you do!

14. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Oct 10, 2019

Excellent, I can't wait!

15. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 10, 2019

Yes, there are new reference numbers

Hubert likes this.
  16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 11, 2019

Ah right, thanks for clarifying that... I think it would be a bit odd to keep the same numbers as it is materially different. Look forward to reading your interview, especially about the Heuer 03XT. What's the latest on the return of the 'Grand Carrera', or is that part of the Heuer 03XT story?

17. jdcdpm52

jdcdpm52 Oct 11, 2019

Great article, you did a great job (as always). I am excited to see where Guy Bove is going to take the design language in the future. I very much like his previous work, and really we haven’t seen much of his signature yet as the product out now was already in development when he joined TAG.

18. jdcdpm52

jdcdpm52 Oct 11, 2019

Well...looks like my Isograph Autavia is going to be a rare breed! Maybe will jump in value over the years ! But honestly, it gets the most of my wrist time anymore. I’m at a conference this weekend and only have my Air King with me and I keep looking down at my wrist and wishing it was my Autavia Isograph

Jim Dollares likes this.
  19. Jjspyder

Jjspyder Oct 11, 2019

Great article. I wish he would have asked how many of the Autavia Isographs were shipped or sold. I would love to know how many are floating around in the wild. There can't be that many. I know my AD had to ship them back almost as soon as he got them. He told me he only sold 1 in that short time and I think he only received 2. I am really happy I was able to get 2 of these rare birds.

jdcdpm52 likes this.
  20. jdcdpm52

jdcdpm52 Oct 11, 2019

I really would love to know how many out there as well. The article hinted to “a few thousand” but how many of those got into end use consumer hands like ours