1. Ben0105

Ben0105 Aug 26, 2015

Hi

I recently purchased my first tag from Cheshire oaks store. It is an aquaracer 500m calibre 5 waj211a model. Could anyone give me any more info on this model? As i have been trawling the internet and have found little information about it, is it a limited edition model? From the digging around ive done i believe jt was originaly sold to the australian market as a divers edition aquaracer. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ben

2. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 26, 2015

By the looks of it its a standard 500M Aquaracer with the Diver Down Flag on the dial

[​IMG]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diver_down_flag

[​IMG]

So its a flag notifying other marine traffic of divers below the water that may be surfacing, so they hopefully won't run over them with a boat propeller. Rather fitting on the 500M rated Aquaracer, but I hadn't seen that model before.

3. Ben0105

Ben0105 Aug 27, 2015

Thanks, ive been unable to find any info on it anywhere, would it be a limited edition then? There is no info anywhere on the tag website

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 27, 2015

I've put in a message to a couple of contacts at TAG Heuer. I see the references to this being an Australian LE, but I doubt that's the case as these seem to turn up all over the world.

Will update if/ when I hear anything

5. Ben0105

Ben0105 Aug 27, 2015

Thanks, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 2, 2015

Small update- have confirmed that it's not an Australian Edition- apparently it was sold in the US/ UK.

dc

7. sjbr101

sjbr101 Sep 10, 2015

it was a special order for Aurum group in the uk thats watches of Switzerland / goldsmith etc, however its didn't sell in the numbers they expected so it got pushed to outlet to clear, if you bought it a few weeks ago you got it for a fantastic price well done !

The Divers special edition (as we call it) is the same as a WAJ2110 however it has a rubber coated crown and the helium valve is coated in red enamel paint, and yes as pointed out it is the divers flag on the dial, it even has the ETA 2824-2 movement in it so a winner all round !!

nice watch welcome to the club !

Calibre11 likes this.
  8. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 10, 2015

Great info- thanks

9. dasavage

dasavage Jun 6, 2017

My wife bought me this model from Bicester Village for my 50th Birthday. Can anybody help with sourcing the correct rubber strap for it, as I want to wear it over my Drysuit. It certainly is distinctive with the black crown and red helium valve. Its been put away until my birthday next year, and I am like a kid waiting for christmas!!

Calibre11 likes this.
  10. dtf

dtf Jun 6, 2017

Your local tag authorised dealer should be able to help you source the strap.

When you start wearing it, get it pressure tested to make sure it's still waterproof as it has sat around for several years already and the seals may have hardened.

Calibre11 likes this.
  11. dasavage

dasavage Jun 7, 2017

Great advice, thank you! Do you know the launch date of this model?

12. dasavage

dasavage Sep 5, 2017

I couldn't find this watch in any of the Catolgues, but just spoken Tag Heuer customer services who confirmed this model was launched in 2013 and discontinued later that year.

13. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 5, 2017

Thanks for the update