Super unboxing Heuer Autavia JH 85th

1. rafabond

rafabond Jan 5, 2018

Hello, I come from the Omega forum and I present my new anniversary Heuer Autavia JH 85th, it's my first Tag Heuer, and I tell you that this model has impressed me how beautiful it is. I do not know if the limited print run you have will be a good investment for the future, but right now I love it.

We started with the unpacking, the box between hard cardboard, plastic imitating leather and velvet, quite good for the watch, without reaching the qualities of Omega

It has a drawer that opens it and it appears a magnificent book of more than 200 pages with hard cover and a perfect guide with all the models and photos of Autavia of the moment and commercial propaganda
    A book 10

Take the 02 caliber instruction booklet and the warranty card that is electronic
    It is activated when a computer enters the data

The magnificent clock, of excellent quality, with a dial of iridesol that with artificial light looks silver and with natural light it looks whiter.
    The armis personally is not my taste, but it is the one that carries and the one that reproduces the arms of the time, but it is solved by placing a leather strap and arranged

We return with the number of the limited edition of 1932 pieces, which in fact only sold 1931, since the number 0001 was auctioned on November 11 the same Philips auction where the Rolex of Paul Newman was auctioned and by the same auctioneer
    Piece that received € 32,000
    The number 0000 is what Jack Heuer has.

It carries the signature of JH and the coat of arms of his family

In summary, my first Tag Heuer, and in my opinion one of the most successful, by design and quality.
    The Autavia are like in Rolex Daytona, for me the most beautiful of the brand.

Now, many photos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Jan 5, 2018
    wayneswe, Zeke, SteveP and 5 others like this.
  2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 5, 2018

Hi
    Nice, thanks for sharing.

3. rafabond

rafabond Jan 5, 2018

4. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 5, 2018

I did not understand a single word but Im guessing you bought the Autavia? :D

All kidding aside, congrats on the nice watch and your photos are really good!!

rafabond likes this.
  5. imagwai

imagwai Jan 5, 2018

Welcome rafabond! Here's the translation:

Hello, I come from the Omega forum and I present my new anniversary Heuer Autavia JH 85th, it's my first Tag Heuer, and I tell you that this model has impressed me how beautiful it is. I do not know if the limited print run you have will be a good investment for the future, but right now I love it.

We started with the unpacking, the box between hard cardboard, plastic imitating leather and velvet, quite good for the watch, without reaching the qualities of Omega

It has a drawer that opens it and it appears a magnificent book of more than 200 pages with hard cover and a perfect guide with all the models and photos of Autavia of the moment and commercial propaganda
    A book 10

Take the 02 caliber instruction booklet and the warranty card that is electronic
    It is activated when a computer enters the data

The magnificent watch, of excellent quality, with a dial of iridesol that with artificial light looks silver and with natural light it looks whiter.
    The armis personally is not my taste, but it is the one that carries and the one that reproduces the arms of the time, but it is solved by placing a leather strap and arranged

We return with the number of the limited edition of 1932 pieces, which in fact only sold 1931, since the number 0001 was auctioned on November 11 the same Philips auction where the Rolex of Paul Newman was auctioned and by the same auctioneer
    Piece that received € 32,000
    The number 0000 is what Jack Heuer has.

It carries the signature of JH and the coat of arms of his family

In summary, my first Tag Heuer, and in my opinion one of the most successful, by design and quality.
    The Autavia are like in Rolex Daytona, for me the most beautiful of the brand.

Now, many photos

erich77 and Jim Dollares like this.
  6. rafabond

rafabond Jan 5, 2018

sorry!!!! my language interposed, I've fixed it. and forgive me for my English, it's not very good

7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 5, 2018

Don't apologise, most of us can't speak anything but English! Nice watch, great packaging. Wish they made a book for every watch.

erich77, Jim Dollares and rafabond like this.
  8. BPD

BPD Jan 5, 2018

Congrats and welcome! :thumbsup:

erich77 and rafabond like this.
  9. rafabond

rafabond Jan 5, 2018

Very Racing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

erich77, Hubert and imagwai like this.
  10. Hubert

Hubert Jan 5, 2018

Zeke, erich77 and rafabond like this.
  11. imagwai

imagwai Jan 5, 2018

elbeik, erich77, OttoWilliam and 2 others like this.
  12. Hubert

Hubert Jan 5, 2018

elbeik likes this.
  13. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jan 5, 2018

Congratulations and welcome to Calibre 11.

There are some excellent photographs in your post that show the watch off nicely.

Edited Jan 5, 2018
  14. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jan 5, 2018

Congrats on your first Tag Heuer. May you always wear it in good health.

15. Lugduno

Lugduno Jan 5, 2018

Thanks a lot for all the pictures! Since I bought the black edition I didn't get the book, which is a shame to be honest. I could almost give my left hand for having that picture from the 24th Monaco Grand Prix as a big poster on my wall (off course with the black dial edition instead of the JH edition;)).

Oh I'd love to have a pair of gloves like that! Unfortunately for me I still have a bad habit of forgetting everything that is not attached to my body...:D

16. rafabond

rafabond Jan 6, 2018

I do not know if it will have the maximum resolution to make a poster, but to be able to print it if it will be worth it
    [​IMG]

17. Gambba

Gambba Jan 6, 2018

Congratulations on the JH85. It is still one of my favourites of Tag Heuer.

I would say the quality is up there with Omega personally, and not at any point when I wore the new Autavias did I think it didn’t feel as good as a Planet Ocean or something similar.

erich77 likes this.
  18. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 6, 2018

Lovely watch and great post! Welcome

erich77 likes this.
  19. rafabond

rafabond Jan 6, 2018

Thank you very much, the clock deserves it. I never noticed Tag Heuer, but this limited edition Autavia has stolen my heart, and that in my collection there is only Rolex and Omega

erich77 likes this.
  20. Lugduno

Lugduno Jan 7, 2018

Thanks a lot rafabond!