Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. Hubert

Hubert Apr 11, 2018

I'd start my day with the Connected, then switch to the Mechanical module when the battery runs out, gets low, or when I want a dressier look.

2. dtf

dtf Apr 11, 2018

^^ things that shouldn't happen on a $1500 smart watch

3. Good Times

Good Times Apr 11, 2018

I bought one twice! On-sold my first one (long story) and then purchased another one. Extremely happy both times with the purchase. The battery issue is not an issue. With the last few updates I can comfortably get 2 days' battery life (turning it off at about 9pm at night and on again at 8am). I also haven't had any connectivity issues whatsoever.

Michal V likes this.
  4. Good Times

Good Times Apr 11, 2018

I love the Connected at work or at night with its display, but outdoors eg over the weekend, I would find a mechanical more legible in sunlight. I'm still saving for my first TH mechanical, whatever this may be...!

5. Hubert

Hubert Apr 11, 2018

How about rephrasing to: if the battery runs out....

6. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 11, 2018

These watches are real head-turners with the geeks I hang out with. I'm super happy with mine. There will be a battle with my brother soon over Tag vs. Apple. I'm looking forward to the debate.

7. chrisuk

chrisuk Apr 12, 2018

There do seem to be a LOT of issues with the watch, most of them appear to be related with iOS compatibility (albeit not all). I’d personally not buy another, but it’s all down to personal preference.

Michal V likes this.
  8. GoofyG

GoofyG Apr 12, 2018

I did a master reset on the watch, then added it again via the Google Wear OS app (Android). That seems to have solved the BT connectivity issue.

I remember having to do the same thing when I switched from a Pixel XL (running Android 7.x) to a Pixel 2 XL (running Android 8.0 out of the box).

9. Michal V

Michal V Apr 12, 2018

I really do love the stile of the watch. Not of any android watches look that great as modular 45. Looking forward how would it works in SVK. They just start selling them at TH boutique..

10. chrisuk

chrisuk Apr 13, 2018

I wouldn’t mind that Calibre 16, priced it up last night at £2250.

[​IMG]

11. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 13, 2018

I wonder if the bezel rotates? I would assume that it must otherwise it wouldn't have a tachymetre label.

12. gunnerroy

gunnerroy Apr 13, 2018

Strap arrived yesterday and I got the call on Wednesday saying it was there to collect if wanted that’s 5 days in total ordered on Saturday well happy with that good job Ernest & Jones

13. chrisuk

chrisuk Apr 13, 2018

Any watch faces for the 45 which are similar to the Calibre 16 I could upload via watchmaker ?

14. weephillie

weephillie Apr 15, 2018

Thanks Chris, I did the reset and everything working OK so far and staying connected.
    However, in Wear OS in the advanced settings I'm not getting my watch battery information. I had no problem getting this info when it was Android Wear. Anyone else having the same problem and if so has anyone managed to solve the issue.

15. chrisuk

chrisuk Apr 16, 2018

Glad it helped. I didn’t realise you could get the battery information in the iOS Wear app ??

16. kwilcox

kwilcox Apr 16, 2018

You can't. That is a shortcoming of the iOS app.

17. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Apr 17, 2018

anyone went swimming with his CM45? I was in Dubai on vacation last week and decided to keep it on for a swim in the hotel pool, not more than 10 mins in the water. Seemed to be holding out well but i did detect some funny behaviour of the watch afterwards. Touch screen didn't work properly and some glitches which normalised after 10 minutes. I would have expected the CM45 to be suitable for swimming. Any other experiences?

duggie1982 likes this.
  18. Good Times

Good Times Apr 17, 2018

I wear mine in the ocean with no issues straight after...

19. Iñaki

Iñaki Apr 18, 2018

The last summer always with the watch, swimming in pool and ocean and no issues. Before start, I turned off the screen because with the water I noticed that the watchface changed alone

duggie1982 likes this.
  20. chrisuk

chrisuk Apr 26, 2018

Anyone found any apps which enhance functionally rather than games etc ?

The only one I use other than Google Pay is Staylit, which allows a specified time the watch stays lit up once you’ve flipped your wrist.