Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. GooseGSX

GooseGSX Oct 4, 2017

Ok, quick update... in the Wear Application you can block apps from sending messages to watch... so I added WhatsApp and Email and that looks like it has worked....will monitor over next few days and update you all.

2. vdeknock

vdeknock Oct 5, 2017

I would try removing any saved bluetooth connection in the iPhone settings. It might have been copied over from your old phone to the new phone and got corrupted. I would follow the process to reconnect from the start and see if that works.

3. chrisuk

chrisuk Oct 5, 2017

Spoke to soon, constantly disconnecting yet again......

4. mikeharper123

mikeharper123 Oct 5, 2017

OK, I called Tag yesterday and here is what you need to do....

1. Hard reset your watch, to factory settings
    2. Delete the Bluetooth profile from your Bluetooth menu on your phone. (forget the device)
    3. Upgrade the iOS in your iPhone to the newest version.
    4. Delete the android wear watch app from your iphone, then redownload it again.
    5. Start the pairing process FRESH, like the first time when you bought the watch.

You have to erase all the of Bluetooth pairing from both the phone and the watch. Once you do that, redownload, repair and then it will work. Took me just a couple of minutes to do it all.

5. chrisuk

chrisuk Oct 5, 2017

I did exactly that when I got my new phone the other day, worked straight away for a day, then returned to the normal disconnection routine the next day....

6. ECITYCEO

ECITYCEO Oct 5, 2017

7. chrisuk

chrisuk Oct 6, 2017

Watch now posted back to Tag with 7 faults listed, I’ll report back once I have it returned to comment on how it’s gone :(

Any idea how long they take to return a watch posted off for warranty issues ? My wrist feels lost now haha

8. Hubert

Hubert Oct 6, 2017

gnc1000 and Wing like this.
  9. Watchsa13

Watchsa13 Oct 6, 2017

hi,,

I would like to know if connected 46 strap can be used for connected 45 ? Please if anyone can share his experience with me

10. dtf

dtf Oct 6, 2017

The commentary on Engadget included a quote from Google saying how the Google store would only stock Google branded hardware in future.

11. Wing

Wing Oct 6, 2017

*Feels a bit confused*
    Would the connected 45 be a good pair with Pixel 2 android oreo then? I do hope it is.
    The podcast did mention google as a partner...

12. Iñaki

Iñaki Oct 7, 2017

No, sorry

13. dtf

dtf Oct 7, 2017

You'll probably get the best possible user experience using a connected with a pixel. I believe @Hubert uses this combination.

Wing likes this.
  14. Hubert

Hubert Oct 7, 2017

I certainly do and I am running Android Oreo on the phone. That said, I will be moving to the Pixel 2 XL in a month when it ships, so I expect the same solid experience then.

Wing likes this.
  15. gnc1000

gnc1000 Oct 7, 2017

I'm on a Hwawei Mate 9 (Which will be replaced with a Red Hydrogen in 2018) ... and my experience has been solid as well.

Update -- battery life continues to be awesome since the latest update (Running Watchmaker today with a Tag Monza face Screenshot_20171007-161838.png

Iñaki and Hubert like this.
  16. Hubert

Hubert Oct 7, 2017

Very good to hear you are still getting those improved numbers!

17. weephillie

weephillie Oct 8, 2017

My tilt to wake seems to be very sensitive. It activates the watch face very easily which is draining my battery. Is there a way of altering the sensitivity?

18. genes888

genes888 Oct 8, 2017

Hi Hubert, my experience with the latest firmware update has been very solid as well. My watch is paired with a Samsung S8+ and I'm getting well over 25 hours battery life. My average would be closer to 30-36 hours per charge. I only wish my Samsung S8+ battery would last as long as my smartwatch! haha....
    I do feel sorry for IOS users with all their connectivity issues. Lets hope the latest software update for IOS resolves their issues and they get to utilise the excellent watch as originally intended!

tag heuer connected batt stat 091017.jpeg
  19. Hubert

Hubert Oct 9, 2017

Nice numbers! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

As you said, we all have high hopes that the iOS connectivity issues will be resolved soon.

20. lordgriff

lordgriff Oct 9, 2017

Hi does anyone know if you can set up the Tag Connected to fast launch android pay, rather than accessing through applications list?