Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. abeverat

abeverat Sep 20, 2017

Hello all

Has anyone updated to ios11 ? Is Google Wear app still working as it should ?
    Some people experienced problems in June (beta of ios11) with other Android Wear watches.

2. chrisuk

chrisuk Sep 20, 2017

I’ve had BT problems since iOS 11 & I notice a few pages back, someone else was complaining of similar things.

3. chrisuk

chrisuk Sep 20, 2017

Did you watch the vid I posted ? The Bluetooth button is turned on/off constantly as if someone was pressing it, not sure how the firmware or phone would change this :(

4. Jcr

Jcr Sep 20, 2017

Hi tried this got to the post verify bit
    Said yes to install
    Then during install countdown dismissed screen back to watch face
    Still would install update

5. chrisuk

chrisuk Sep 20, 2017

That’s good news at least. Trying to update to the new watch fw, but it won’t let me. Tried everything in the guide on the previous page, most of the time it takes 40-50 clicks on the update, gets to around 10% then says its up to date

I give up for the night !!

6. Hubert

Hubert Sep 20, 2017

Thanks for sharing. The trick seems to be to "dismiss" and go back to the watch face once the Update download has completed. Otherwise it will not reboot and "reset".

7. abeverat

abeverat Sep 20, 2017

Just updated.
    Didn't do anything smarter than plugin near wifi and have the iPhone far away.
    It automatically d/l and asked me to install.

Anyone knows what has changed in the new firmware ?

8. Hubert

Hubert Sep 20, 2017

I believe it includes the September security fixes.

9. paul07ss

paul07ss Sep 21, 2017

Hey all,

Is there anyway I can download music to my watch off the play music app? I would just like to use my watch and headset at the gym without my phone and hoping this is possible.

10. Iñaki

Iñaki Sep 21, 2017

I downloaded my music to the app google play and go to run without the iphone listen the music with the headphones
    Firstly I added the music through the computer ( making playlist) to the app and after downloaded the same music to the watch

11. chrisuk

chrisuk Sep 21, 2017

Think I killed mine......

[​IMG]

duggie1982 likes this.
  12. chrisuk

chrisuk Sep 21, 2017

Sorted in the end thanks, it’s still not upgraded firmware, but I did upgrade the android wear app and it seems to be connecting once again :)

13. tswire

tswire Sep 21, 2017

After update...only 2 changes I see. First, the PIN to unlock watch after taking it off, if you have a PIN (number) the number pad is slightly different. Second, and maybe it's just me but I swear I am getting better battery life. Been wearing for 5 hours exactly and only dropped 17% which is 3.4/hr. That's the best I have ever had.

genes888, Iñaki and Hubert like this.
  14. Hubert

Hubert Sep 21, 2017

I haven't measured battery life on this latest update and since I'm not wearing it today, I will start taking some metrics the next time I do. Thanks for the update!

15. Hubert

Hubert Sep 21, 2017

Have you tried downloading the update again?

16. Sully2829

Sully2829 Sep 22, 2017

It might be me but I think there is a subtle change to the 01 Carrera face when on dim. That tends to be my default watch face and the dim setting feels / looks slightly brighter, possibly better contrast / detail in the logo, markers and dial?!

17. Sully2829

Sully2829 Sep 22, 2017

I have experienced a drop in battery performance based on my comments above. Wonder whether the extra brightness/detail on dim is consuming more power on a like for like basis. Hoping it improves as we cant go back to the last firmware.

18. chrisuk

chrisuk Sep 22, 2017

I tried about 40 times, finally got it updated in the end.

Unfortunately though, the watch disconnects constantly from the phone, so it’s kind of pointless at the moment.

The connect card tried but fails each time to connect.

19. abeverat

abeverat Sep 22, 2017

Updated both watch and iPhone. Everything works perfectly. Batterie about 26h with always on.

20. tswire

tswire Sep 22, 2017

ya, would be interested in seeing more battery results. After my initial day with approx 3.4% per hour or approx 29 hours of life, I am now back at around 4 or maybe 4.2% per hour exactly as before the update. Same watch face, usage, etc. Will keep an eye.