Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. weephillie

weephillie Aug 23, 2017

Thanks, I've got it out there on their forums as well.

2. sailtx109

sailtx109 Aug 26, 2017

I got the automatic, but want to alternate between the two, any suggestions on how to get in a watch winder?

3. Toby P

Toby P Aug 26, 2017

I'm afraid that I left the TAG 45 ownership family this afternoon. Had the watch for 5 months and overall found it to be "ok" but not that special. I'm frankly glad to see the back of it even at a substantive financial loss as it's not considered a great trade in option. Not the best buying experience for me by any means with constant charging / software glitches leaving me with flats first thing in the morning on several occasions. The fact that they sold it without a charger in the first place was laughable. Google Android is not best suited to iPhone (obviously) and there is seemingly a complete apparent lack of interest from TAG in developing an iPhone app to help. Found the screen / faces ok but the thrill of installing new / third party ones very quickly wore off. Again not much support from TAG in providing regular new faces for update which was disappointing. My overall ownership experience was not special from the outset, although in fairness I did like the design which generally looked good in the wrist and attracted some compliments. Functionality was not a patch on my previous Apple Watch 1 though. I'll think twice before buying another connected watch (or TAG product) in future based on this experience.

jezwick likes this.
  4. Hubert

Hubert Aug 26, 2017

Put the "assembled" mechanical watch in the winder at night, while you leave the Connected module charging? That's what I would do.

sailtx109 likes this.
  5. laurent

laurent Aug 26, 2017

I bought extra (overpriced) lugs and bracelet so I can wear both or switch fast

6. andy19461

andy19461 Aug 29, 2017

7. Wing

Wing Aug 29, 2017

Are there any details about the new android oreo with this watch? =)

8. Hubert

Hubert Aug 29, 2017

Nothing yet.

Regarding Oreo and Android Wear in general, I've only seen this:
    https://androidcommunity.com/androi...nagement-oreo-to-bring-small-change-20170829/

9. Tag_Andy

Tag_Andy Aug 29, 2017

What are your guy's thoughts on the Tourbillon Luxury Kit? I already have the connected 45 and recently found a dealer who has the Luxury kit and is willing to part it out and sell me everything minus the watch I already have. Is the 02T worth it? Thanks

10. M1DLD

M1DLD Aug 30, 2017

Hi all. 45 arriving tomorrow and will be using with IOS. Fingers crossed. Forum has been very useful and wanted to thank you all. Will post my experience as I go.

11. AG7

AG7 Aug 30, 2017

Me too! Can you email me as well please, any and all TAG faces that you can, thanks a lot :)

Sending you email address in message, thanks!

Edited Aug 30, 2017
  12. Tag_Andy

Tag_Andy Aug 30, 2017

Just picked up the 02T module :D

IMG_7205.JPG
  13. Hubert

Hubert Aug 30, 2017

Lucky you! :thumbsup:

Tag_Andy likes this.
  14. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Aug 31, 2017

Nice. How do you like the Rose Gold lugs against the titanium body?

laurent, Tag_Andy and jezwick like this.
  15. Tag_Andy

Tag_Andy Aug 31, 2017

You know what I did not even for a moment think the Rose gold lugs and the titanium body would go well together. Before I went into the shop I was ready to use the titanium lugs full-time with the 02T module or order the black ceramic ones. On arrival I popped the 02T in and to my surprise thought,"Hey this combo works!". I actually prefer it over the titanium.

16. timeslip

timeslip Sep 1, 2017

How much was it, and where did you get it? I only saw it available as a combo set with the connected 45.

17. Tag_Andy

Tag_Andy Sep 2, 2017

I found it at Time & Gold in Downtown Vancouver, BC. This is the combo kit. As I already have the Connected 45 watch they were willing to part it out to make a deal. Price on the kit is $21,450 CND plus taxes. Dealer took back the smartwatch module, rubber bracelet (I keep the titanium lugs and clasp), and charger for a $2100 price reduction. I already have the brown calf-skin bracelet that comes in the kit so they offered to swap it for the black calf-skin. Then I negotiated price for rest of the kit down to $17,000 CND all-in after taxes.

dtf, icwhatudidthere and Hubert like this.
  18. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Sep 3, 2017

Congratulations.... This is simply stunning

19. Wing

Wing Sep 3, 2017

Is there a big difference between Steel (Silver) bezel VS Ceramic (Black) bezel?
    Not sure which one to get. hmmm

20. Dobbo42

Dobbo42 Sep 3, 2017

Hello all not sure if I am permitted to post this so apologies in advance, I am selling my 45 over in the market place if anybody is looking to purchase.