Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. Hubert

Hubert Aug 15, 2017

Get Watchmaker; follow my post and you'll never run out of options.

2. Hawkinskarl

Hawkinskarl Aug 16, 2017

Thanks Hubert I have watchmaker and I have a lot of faces I just meant that I was disappointed that Tag Heuer haven't released many additional faces or updated faces. Thank you for your help much appreciated

Tufty likes this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Aug 16, 2017

Yes, we all wish we had more. Cheers! :)

4. rickpal14

rickpal14 Aug 17, 2017

Just picked up my new Modular 45 from my AD! Loving it so far! Will definitely be following your post for watch faces Hubert!

5. Hubert

Hubert Aug 17, 2017

Congratulations and welcome! :)

PedroHeuer85 and rickpal14 like this.
  6. Danhw1990

Danhw1990 Aug 20, 2017

I bought a tag heuer connected and have problems with the screen it seems to be distorting when I go in the menu is this normal?

7. Hubert

Hubert Aug 20, 2017

Distorting how? Can you post pictures?

8. Danhw1990

Danhw1990 Aug 20, 2017

Don't know if you can see it from this but you it's not doing it at the moment the screen behind is always shining through which means you can't see me when in options or apps plus sometimes it just cannot see anything like there is loads of bright light

1503231215859658263308.jpg
  9. GooseGSX

GooseGSX Aug 20, 2017

Hello

New to the forum... bought my TAG HEUER Connected Modular 45 today..... just getting watch setup and getting used to the apps.... running a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge but use Micosoft Outlook as I used to be a Windows Mobile user so everything I have is setup around Office 365 and One drive.. .. considering moving everything over to Google now..... mainly to accommodate my new TAG.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has had a similar situation to mine.

Thanks

Graham

10. Hubert

Hubert Aug 20, 2017

That doesn't look right. I'd suggest to exchange it.

11. GooseGSX

GooseGSX Aug 22, 2017

Question.... to connect to my company WiFi I require to add the device MAC Address to my firewall.... can anyone tell me where I can find this info please.... I have been looking but so far have not found the information.

Thanks

G

12. Hubert

Hubert Aug 22, 2017

Ask if your company has a "guest" WiFi.

13. GooseGSX

GooseGSX Aug 22, 2017

It does, I am the companies IT Manager... problem is the Guest WiFi doesn't quite reach my office so if I am connected to the Guest WiFi I don't always get a connection.....

Do my watch and phone have to be on the same network or simply connected to the internet to communicate while apart?

14. Hubert

Hubert Aug 22, 2017

My experience has been that the phone will try to communicate with the watch through Bluetooth as the primary source. I've found that the watch's WiFi connectivity is secondary. If they both are connected through Bluetooth, I have to go to the Watch's WiFi settings, for it to connect to my office's WiFi network. This could be the result of the watch not "trying" to connect to WiFi, because it's receiving data from the phone through Bluetooth.

15. GooseGSX

GooseGSX Aug 22, 2017

Ok but if the Bluetooth is not connected due to range my watch and phone can't connect at present as my watch will not authenticate with the Wi-Fi due to not have it's MAC Address setup on my firewall...... so if I can get the MAC I am sorted....

16. Hubert

Hubert Aug 22, 2017

I don't have my Connected with me, but as @pfrasun said, check the Settings > System > About > Model

GooseGSX likes this.
  17. GooseGSX

GooseGSX Aug 22, 2017

Got it thanks....doesn't stay on screen very long but I'll get it...

@pfrasun .... good idea... Will check this tomorrow when I am in work to cross check.

Thank you all.....

Had the watch since Sunday and loving it.... still need to move some stuff over to the Google world and away from the Microsoft world but will get there.. ..

18. weephillie

weephillie Aug 23, 2017

WATCHMAKER HELP...
    Now I'm getting to grips with the watchmaker app I love messing about creating new faces. I'm getting more adventurous and making the faces interactive to suit my needs. However, there is one command I'm struggling with. I can get the watch battery percentage displayed on my watch face but I would also like it to display the TIME my battery will be empty. Just as it tells you on the android wear battery meter. The LUA code to show the battery percentage is {blp} I would like to know if there's a LUA code to show battery time.

Over to you, wise ones!

19. GooseGSX

GooseGSX Aug 23, 2017

Update on MAC Address issue.... OK, I got info from TAG and @pfrasun which points you to : Settings -- System -- About, you then click on Model to display the MAC Address.... this however is not the Wi-Fi Adapter MAC Address.... to get this you can do one of two things....

1. @pfrasun suggested looking on your router to check the details when your watch is connected to Wi-Fi
    2. When your watch is connected to Wi-Fi go to: Settings -- Connectivity -- Wi-Fi, you will see the SSID you are connected too, when you see this is connected tap the SSID and you will now see the IP Address assigned by your router and the MAC Address which is different from the one displayed in Model.

I can confirm this 100% as my work Wi-Fi requires MAC Authentication and my watch won't connect when I use the MAC Address found in Model.

Just thought I would share......

20. Hubert

Hubert Aug 23, 2017

Your best bet is probably to search the WatchMaker communities and forums. I don't believe we have seen other members here venture in creating their own faces yet, so you would be the first!