Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. Hubert

Hubert Aug 1, 2017

2. jmagla

jmagla Aug 1, 2017

Hmm, I too have the same problem, and guess what, the same phone. It drives me crazy and I'm even thinking of going back to Samsung as the S7 I had paired automatically with the v1 Tag Heuer I used to have. Let me know if you get a fix!

3. gnc1000

gnc1000 Aug 3, 2017

I have discovered something odd about my battery life--

If I leave the watch on the charger overnight, when I first put it on I burn of 3-4% quickly, and battery life is estimated to be 14 hours or so (and will play out that way)

If I drop the watch on a charger for a short while to charge back to 100%. ... battery life is a minimum of 17hrs, also legit.

Somehow this resets what the os does while the watch is idle.

I run screen always on, wifi, watch gps off. Wear the watch all day from 7am to evening (if the battery dies...I switch to the analog cal 5 module!)

Seems like another software update is in store...

Screenshot_20170803-090319.png
    IƱaki likes this.
  4. Hubert

Hubert Aug 3, 2017

Interesting ^. I haven't tried that myself.

5. nicolas007

nicolas007 Aug 4, 2017

Anyone regrets buying the Tag instead of the new Louis Vuitton connected? I think they did an awesome job with the watchfaces.
    I am yet to see a watchface that I like on my Tag Heuer. It's really disappointing.

6. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Aug 4, 2017

No regrets at all, love my Tag and still favor it over the LV offering... I do however like the look of the Montblanc Summit - only disappointment with it is no GPS or NFC

7. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Aug 4, 2017

No regrets here. I will admit to being a little disappointed with the Tag watch faces. But the Louis watch is a little...shall we say fashion-forward.

I'd also add that Tag's first Connected watch was a little more ambitious with watch faces, IIRC, including a car racing lap timer and a city guide of some sort. (and maybe a golf app? don't remember anymore) They weren't very useful and I generally don't time my laps when I've tracked my BMW.

Maybe that's why Tag were a little more conservative in their second offering?

8. Hubert

Hubert Aug 4, 2017

I still use my original Connected (Mark1) in addition to the Modular 45. The original Connected's display seems to be more responsive to touch, fairs better in direct sunlight, has better battery life, and appears to be a bit faster (I supposed due to its double memory, when compared to the Modular 45).

I never used the original lap timer, Golf app, and "Insiders" apps either, beyond the "initial exploratory test".

While the Louis Vuitton Tambour Horizon is interesting, it's not for me either. What I find might be interesting, would be to have the option to special order Louis Vuitton straps for our Modular, but I fully realize that may never happen , as they would probably be too costly (compared to the price of the watch module itself), thus making the offering unjustifiably unfeasible.

I'll end by saying that I am very interested to see if we get the larger size Connected later this year, as touted during the Modular's launch.

9. dtf

dtf Aug 4, 2017

Following on from this, I've spent the last week in face to face meetings with a bunch of execs at a tech mega-corp, obviously as the powerpoints got dull I started observing the watch and phone selection. The remarkable part was quite how many apple watches there were in the room, including one director who was wearing a rolex three months ago and was now wearing apple. The breakdown of the room was 3 VPs, 6 directors, 3 senior managers, 5 senior engineers. Three people in the room had android phones, the rest had iphones. There were five apple watches, one IWC/Omega (varied day to day), a Garmin Fenix and my Heuer re-edition.

I thought this was quite an interesting sample of the market, especially given that everyone there could comfortably afford a Connected.

Eliran, Webmonkey and imagwai like this.
  10. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 10, 2017

I'm not really that interested in the Connected watch, I don't even turn my phone on so the last thing I need is a phone on the wrist! But I'm curious enough to watch a video yesterday, but one question I have...

So the original Connected they offered the trade in because of the whole 'obselete' element... but then they made the new one 'modular' as if this was the answer... so presumably you can switch out the old unit and put the new unit in, which is fine...

But surely aren't TAG going to want to update the connected watch, they aren't just going to keep the same design forever. If nothing else tech advances will mean it can be thinner before long, etc... so really, all they've maybe done is made the watch last 4-5 years rather than 2?

I get the idea that you can customise your watch with diamond lugs etc, but I got the impression they were selling the watch on the basis that you would always be able to update it, which you would probably want if you're going to invest in diamond lugs etc...

But then again it seems like the unit is such a large part of the cost, do people really expect to keep their straps and lugs indefinitely?

11. elbeik

elbeik Aug 10, 2017

Just like you put aside your phone cover when the new model arrives, same thing will happen to a connected watch accessories, I believe.

They could go the iPhone way, iPhone 7 and then 7S before a totally new generation arrives.

12. weephillie

weephillie Aug 10, 2017

Can someone please help?
    I have found a face I like on WatchMaker, customised it to suit my needs and now use it as my watch face. The problem I now have is it doesn't display the notification circle with the number of unread messages in it. This appears when you use the 'official' TAG faces. It also does not display the lock symbol when the watch is locked and the lightning symbol when the watch is on charge. If I could find a way of getting these features to work with my new WatchMaker watch face, it would be perfect.
    Does anyone know if this is possible?
    Thanks
    Phil

13. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 10, 2017

I guess so...

14. Jcr

Jcr Aug 10, 2017

hi
    In the past week I have noticed the wifi seems to be on a lot of the time on my connected 2
    This is a change from previous week
    Only update I noted was android wear update last week
    It's causing my battery to drain fast
    Wifi is set to automatic as it always has been
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks

15. weephillie

weephillie Aug 10, 2017

Very helpful, thank you.

16. Hubert

Hubert Aug 10, 2017

@Aquagraph's answer was to @elbeik's post. I included his reply on his post to make that clear. He was not responding to your question.

17. weephillie

weephillie Aug 11, 2017

Oops! Sorry. :oops:::facepalm2::

18. Adey

Adey Aug 11, 2017

I just bought a OnePlus 5 & didn't have a single problem until yesterday where I had to reconnect just once.

19. weephillie

weephillie Aug 12, 2017

For some reason my 'Tilt to wake' feature has gone very sensitive. Is there a way of custom setting the sensitivity?
    Anyone experiencing the same problem?

20. Hawkinskarl

Hawkinskarl Aug 15, 2017

Hi guys anyone else very disappointed with the lack of Tag Heuer faces released for THM 45? You pay a large sum for just the pre-installed and a few ambassador releases I expected a few more to be provided tbh what's your thoughts?