Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. nelsinho

nelsinho Jul 21, 2017

A lot of of what you want on watch faces is achieved with Watchmaker which is an amazing app with a large community of developers giving the watch faces for free; but I agree that Tag Heuer could offer more choices related to the sponsorships they do.

2. Hubert

Hubert Jul 21, 2017

3. abeverat

abeverat Jul 21, 2017

Not doing wearables doesn't mean not doing chips for wearable. Intel is a chip maker not a wearable maker

4. Hubert

Hubert Jul 21, 2017

True; however still doing Atom-z34xx smartphone processor, doesn't guarantee that the Intel-partnership will continue, especially since LVMH has now gone with Qualcomm for the LV smartwatch.

My money is on the latter. It doesn't make sense to bring a 2nd partner, unless there is a change in the long-term strategy.

5. Hubert

Hubert Jul 21, 2017

I said this, because my impression is that Qualcomm processors have an edge on power management and battery consumption over the Intel Atom chips. Second, from an software standpoint, it also would bring back the Android development process (SDK libraries, VM layer, emulator) into the main-fold, due to its majority base.

6. Fear345

Fear345 Jul 22, 2017

Why exactly? this seems a really odd comment to me. Are you suggesting people that own iPhones are smarter, richer?

7. dtf

dtf Jul 22, 2017

The stats suggest people with higher incomes are more likely to buy iPhones and people with lower incomes are more likely to buy cheaper phones. Can't think why.

8. Good Times

Good Times Jul 23, 2017

Well if the iPhone is the most expensive smart phone, then yes, there will be a positive correlation between financial wealth and ownership wouldn't you say? More wealthy people own Ferraris for the same reason :)

Smarter, well that's a whole different thing!

9. Hubert

Hubert Jul 23, 2017

The old argument that "iPhones are the most expensive" has not been valid for a long time. In fact, Google Pixel phones are priced identically to the iPhone's offerings. Besides, you could argue that when looking at "luxury" phones, one can find cases like VERTU where they had ridiculously high priced Android phones over $10K.

I personally prefer the "pure" Google Android experience (found on Nexus and Pixel phones) over any other offering.

jezwick and 2thVet like this.
  10. imagwai

imagwai Jul 23, 2017

I would have to agree that from my limited experience, Apple seems more popular with the senior execs at work. I would also say they're more prevalent outside of the IT department, who are more likely to use Android.

11. dtf

dtf Jul 23, 2017

Likewise.

12. Tag_Andy

Tag_Andy Jul 23, 2017

IMO Apple has successfully marketed itself as a luxury item. Yes there are $1000 android phones, but they're viewed as 'higher tech' not necessarily 'luxury'. A more tech savvy person might go for the $1000 android, but for the rest the iPhone is a status symbol amongst other luxury goods.

A Japanese auto maker can make a $100,000 car. But people who are simply after a luxury name brand, for the same money, will go for that $100,000 Mercedes instead.

13. Hubert

Hubert Jul 23, 2017

14. sparkitekt

sparkitekt Jul 24, 2017

If you buy a vehicle that comes with a Bose sound system and you have a faulty speaker: do you take it to your nearest Bose retailer at the mall, or do you bring your car to the dealership to have it serviced?
    Regardless of who made what, the manufacturer releasing the product has to stand by and support every square inch of their product. Now if this watch were truly modular, and I had to buy all the pieces separately, then perhaps you might actually have a valid argument. But that isn't the case here.
    This is not a take-it or leave-it type of situation. There are plenty of cross-platform apps that are released together on day one. With all the resources TH has, they could've made a better effort.

15. Adey

Adey Jul 28, 2017

Every time I walk away from my phone and then come back I get a message on both my phone & watch about connecting bluetooth & do the numbers match... etc. Is this normal? should it not just reconnect?

Using the watch with a Oneplus 3.

16. Hubert

Hubert Jul 28, 2017

I have a Google Pixel XL and neither of my two Connected watches needs re-pairing when walking away and back.

17. Adey

Adey Jul 28, 2017

Cheers, that's what I thought. I don't remember having to re-pair with my Huawei.

I just did a full reset on the phone & watch & it is still doing it :mad:

18. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Jul 30, 2017

Has anyone got any pics of the titanium connected/ mechanical module with titanium lugs and black ceramic strap.... Wondering whether it goes or not or if the lugs would need purchasing as well (obviously I know the black/ black is going to look better than the titanium/ black but limited funds ATM)

Thanks all

19. Dobbo42

Dobbo42 Jul 30, 2017

Hi,would it be possible to post a"how too" regarding this? What apps are required etc,

20. jezwick

jezwick Jul 31, 2017

Its a onePlus bluetooth issue, my 3t does it as well on both of my watches ..

never had any issues on my old Nexus!!