Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. laurent

laurent Jul 15, 2017

doesn't help, the face in the screenshots is not in "add more watch faces"

2. weephillie

weephillie Jul 15, 2017

SWEARING! Does anyone know if you can choose a setting that allows you to swear when using a voice reply to a text message. Today I received a text message to which my reply was "fucking idiots" this came up as "f****** idiots". Don't ask me what the question was but I'd like to know if there's a solution. Does that make sense?

Webmonkey likes this.
  3. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Jul 16, 2017

I'm sure they do stand behind their product, for what it was made for... Android!! Surely you must have done some research on what to expect being on iOS using an android wear device!

4. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Jul 16, 2017

I can't help but feel you have been wrongly advised on this, if the defect was there when you purchased it surely you're within your rights to have this replaced. I don't know if the returns policy differs much from ordering direct from Tag online but providing the watch hasn't been altered in anyway or you've cut the strap down to size, you should be able to take this back. Maybe try contacting customer services and advise them of the trouble you've had and that you have tried returning this in store and see what they say. I'm sure they can resolve this for you!

5. mightywings

mightywings Jul 16, 2017

Hi, I'm a new owner of a Connected Modular 45. I stumbled upon this forum while trying to find out other people's experience and issues with the watch. This forum has been helpful, especially with dreaded 2nd protective film and many other things.

I had the smartwatch for almost a week and so far it's a good experience. Battery life is good (last whole day with 30% to spare from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm), NFC payment worked smoothly, and great with IFTTT. There are many more but I'll leave it to you to read those previous post. I've never encounter any major issue so far, thankfully.

The Connected Modular 45 is my second smartwatch after the Apple Watch. Similar experience, the only thing that I'm missing is the seamless fitness experience from my Apple Watch. Hey, I lost one but gained another one...a better looking watch :thumbsup:. Cheers.

6. Marcus Wong

Marcus Wong Jul 17, 2017

Thanks for your attention. Actually I already reported back to Tag Heuer Customer Service and sent the watch to them. But the feedback is just can't help to do anything including changing the screen or new watch module. They just ask me to buy a new module at US$1400...... I don't think it is a reasonable solution.

I am still trying to negotiate this case with Tag Teuer CS from HQ but not yet seeing any positive solution from them.

So I do really want to share to all on this. While it is not talking about the low end watch at US$300-500 but is a luxury Smart Watch at $1650+. I don't think anyone can accept the watch with the Sapphire Crystal screen in this price range can get scratch that easily even used. So the Sapphire Screen quality do is the one of the major concern. Besides, there is no any solution from Tag Heuer for the scratch on the Connected screen. The only solution is just asking you buy a new watch module.... means you can buy a new one.....

With the screen quality concern and zero solution when got scratch, it is really have to take extra consideration if really want go ahead to buy it.

Anyway, I will still try to work out with Tag Heuer CS from HQ to see if they can act like a high end brand to show their concern of their product quality and providing reasonable solution on it.

7. Good Times

Good Times Jul 18, 2017

If you're not satisfied, then the Tag is not the watch for you. Apple Watch is probably all that will satisfy you.

But Tag owe you precisely zilch. They have their product, take it or leave it. There has been no misconception about the availability of an iOS app. I for one have no issues with the current app combined with WatchMaker. You still haven't specified what exactly you believe you're missing by not having an iOS app.....

8. laurent

laurent Jul 18, 2017

given the cheapest lug is $850 and the cheapest strap around $100 - the module itself should be $400 tops

PedroHeuer85 likes this.
  9. sparkitekt

sparkitekt Jul 18, 2017

Yeah, and their website says the iOS app will be released soon. What's your point?

10. sparkitekt

sparkitekt Jul 18, 2017

Did I say they owed me? If their website clearly states that iOS support will be available soon, then I would expect them to be true to their word.

I believe you're precisely wrong; they technically owe iOS users an app. See attached image.

I have issues with google maps, uploading photos as a wallpaper, no HealthKit integration...

since you're full of answers, perhaps you can tell me how to get this stuff functioning; without having to buy a crappy android phone.

IMG_6724.PNG
    Eliran likes this.
  11. Hubert

Hubert Jul 18, 2017

Let's keep it civil guys. We're all here to make friends, not the opposite. :)

While I completely agree that TAG Heuer should strive to release their Android and iOS apps at the same time, I fully realize sometimes this is out of their control. In the end, like others have said, iOS users are really not missing much with the TAG Heuer app. You'll see once it's finally released and you won't believe what the whole fuss was about.

WatchMaker is the killer app for me. That makes the whole concept worth it. The notifications and all other functions are a distant second.

In the end, these smart watches have great potential, but they are still very basic in nature. In fact I think Android Wear 2.0 is still in its infancy. I am anxiously anticipating what the next update will bring.

Eliran and laurent like this.
  12. tswire

tswire Jul 18, 2017

Listen there are more people on this forum that have an iPhone wanting to use a Tag Heuer Connected than all other smart watch forums combined (excl Apple Watch). Coincidence? No. There is a certain demographic like it or not that have iPhones vs Android. Yes there are always exceptions but IN GENERAL those that are willing to pay $2000 for a smart watch are more likely to have an iPhone. Tag Heuer knows this (spoke to customer service about their target market). They have a huge incentive to push the envelope with google to work on solutions that benefit iPhone users. They know this. However it’s Apple. They will do everything in their power (and within the law) to make this difficult as hell for Google (not Tag). Anyway this can be a debate for another time and place but those that continue to whine about TAG HEUER’S lack of support just shut it. The watch runs ANDROID WEAR not some Tag Heuer branded OS. Watch quality and features are Tag. Software no matter if Tag branded connected app is in the hands of google and the lack of support Apple gives to anyone but themselves.

K. Rant done. Enjoy your watch!!!!

Edited Jul 19, 2017
    PedroHeuer85 and Tag_Andy like this.
  13. Good Times

Good Times Jul 18, 2017

Sparky - have you tried the WatchMaker app to upload images as your watch face?

14. jezwick

jezwick Jul 20, 2017

I don't know what evidence you have to come to that conclusion but I don't agree with it at all!!!

Personally I would say it was more likely that prople buying an Android watch would also have an Android phone to partner it with :)

Eliran and weephillie like this.
  15. tswire

tswire Jul 20, 2017

Not wanting to start a debate as you are right, I don't have evidence....my opinion (and Tag's too by the way) that the Connected 45 will be purchased by a higher % of iphone users than any other smart watch (ex Apple Watch). Yes, more will have Android since it's an Android watch but more PERCENTAGE of iphone users will lean towards this "higher end" watch. I have no intentions of bashing, starting a debate, just stating what I believe and what Tag and I discussed. My post was more to remind people that Tag is not to blame...the specific connected app is absolutely useless and adds VERY little to the experience (background picture choice is the only missing feature vs Studio on the watch I believe). Also I wanted express my opinion that Tag has huge incentive to make this work "better" with iPhone but like anyone other than Apple, they are limited to what they can do (even Google).

16. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Jul 20, 2017

Have to agree with you on this

weephillie likes this.
  17. abeverat

abeverat Jul 20, 2017

Well one can make a tour on google and search for some evidence. In 2014 iPhone users were over represented in high income groups so most likely to burn >1600€ for a watch.

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/www.for...10/what-kind-of-person-prefers-an-iphone/amp/

18. Tag_Andy

Tag_Andy Jul 21, 2017

Now that intel's pulled out of the smartwatch game does this mean we can count intel out for any further future support?

19. Hubert

Hubert Jul 21, 2017

20. Tag_Andy

Tag_Andy Jul 21, 2017