Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Jul 13, 2017

Just wondered how you were getting on with the mechanical module and the chronos attachment?

2. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Jul 13, 2017

So bit of an update... I reached out to my contact at Tag who offered the option for me to send this back to be cleaned as he advised, like what had previously been mentioned, it could just be the residue from the bottle left behind. Sent the watch back and within 2 days it was on it's way back to me.... Happy chappy! Anyway the watch arrived and the bezel was even worse than when it went in, where the scratches had been cleaned off dull marks had been left in their place where the shine had been taken out the ceramic. Back in contact with Tag who kindly offered to but a new bezel on the watch but will sadly take around 6 weeks... Bit disappointed with the lead time but yet again, I cannot fault the amazing customer service received from Tag

3. Hubert

Hubert Jul 13, 2017

Good service. Glad they are taking care of your all your concerns / issues.

PedroHeuer85 likes this.
  4. sparkitekt

sparkitekt Jul 13, 2017

If you're not an iOS user, then it's easy for you to say.
    Practically every device and app nowadays offers cross-platform compatibility. There's no reason that a premium smart watch should not have debuted with cross-platform support. All I simply want is the same stuff that's offered on the android platform. Is that too much to ask for? Having to wait 6+ months after release for iOS support is a bit ridiculous. By then, we might be looking at model refresh.
    Btw, I expressed my discontent and Tag's response was: "we're waiting for permissions from apple"

5. laurent

laurent Jul 14, 2017

ok so nobody else has a fit watch face, any idea when that issue will be fixed (not the fit app, not a tiny complication, a full google fit watch face) ?

6. mrgandfriends

mrgandfriends Jul 14, 2017

Hey guys, new TH Connected Modular user here :) 1 Day in, and a major IOS user too, so a lot to get used too! Twice I have already said to my partner I am sending the THC back - lol, buts its still on my wrist at the moment. I will do an honest review later, but a couple of questions if I may?

1) Do we really believe we will see a THC IOS app, it appears to have been promised since they launched the original watch?
    2) What is the current version for the THC?
    3) Is there a way to find all the apps which actually work on the THC
    4) Being an IOS user, whats the best way to integrate apps with the THC?

Right now I am still undecided, so going to give it the weekend of use and see how and if I am going to keep it, or just return it and go back to the Apple Watch.

We shall see how things pan out - in the meantime thanks in advance for your response.

Rich

7. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Jul 14, 2017

I do understand what you're saying but had this argument before, least Google offer an open platform for iOS users to make use of. A lot of android users like the Apple watch and what that has to offer but without being on iOS it is COMPLETELY unusable. At least you have some functionality with it, maybe your better passing your concerns over to Google as it's their software, Tag just house it beautifully

8. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Jul 14, 2017

I had this face when I first paired my Tag... Shortly after it disappeared. Id reset numerous times with no avail... Not sure what's happened to it though

laurent likes this.
  9. sparkitekt

sparkitekt Jul 14, 2017

I didn't pay for "at least". I don't want just enough. Settling should not part of the user experience. Tag should be the ones standing behind their product. In no way should this be deferred to google.

Eliran likes this.
  10. sparkitekt

sparkitekt Jul 14, 2017

Look at my post above to see Tag's response for the delay in releasing the app. Personally, it's BS to me considering that there was never a release for Gen 1.

11. laurent

laurent Jul 14, 2017

the android app does nothing useful (that I can see) so why did you want one ? android wear app is all you need

Hubert likes this.
  12. Tag_Andy

Tag_Andy Jul 14, 2017

After having read this whole thread from pages 1-52 I went out and bought a CM45 a few days ago. I'm an iPhone user myself and after having paired my watch with my iPhone I unpaired it and paired it with my Android tablet to see what the Tag Heuer app was all about. I didn't notice there was anything you could do on that Android Tag Heuer app that you couldn't on the Apple AW app. You see the same Watch faces you do on Apple AW app. I could be missing something but those are just my thoughts on this matter.

What exactly is it that you're looking for? I'm curious because I could be missing out on a feature that I didn't know about and would like to have lol

*I also have the Apple Watch Series 1 and the Samsung Gear S3. For Fitness/Activity tracking, the main reason why I'm into this whole smartwatch thing, the Apple Watch blows the Android Wear and Gear S3 out of the water. While the Gear S3 has a much easier to navigate and prettier UI. The CM45 though is now going to be my daily simply because it's the best looking of the three. Plus I've always wanted a black and rose gold watch :D

Edit: Gotta add though, I'm deeply disappointed Tag did not put a heart rate sensor in the CM45

Edited Jul 14, 2017
  13. nelsinho

nelsinho Jul 14, 2017

There is a dedicated Tag Heuer Connected app for Android on top of the Android Wear app, try that one.

14. Tag_Andy

Tag_Andy Jul 14, 2017

I've tried the dedicated app. Same watch faces and Studio options as what is in the watch itself and nothing else worth noting. Did I miss something?

laurent likes this.
  15. nelsinho

nelsinho Jul 14, 2017

No, that's about it.

16. laurent

laurent Jul 14, 2017

last try: anyone managed to get a watch face for google fit ?

17. Marcus Wong

Marcus Wong Jul 15, 2017

I bought the Connected Modular 45 on Jul 2, 17 during my travel in Japan. I unboxing it after I back Hong Kong on Jul 3. Unfortunately I found there is scratch on the sapphire screen that I didn't noticed when I bought it. It is unbelievable that there can be a scratch mark on a sapphire screen which I never seen and having on my several watches in different brands that with sapphire screen.

I report the situation to Tag Heuer service center on Jul 4 and they asked me to drop off the watch in their shop to send back for inspection. Several days later, the shop replied that there is nothing Tag Heuer can do while the screen is part of cosmetic which is not under warranty. Also, Tag Heuer is not able to change the screen because this is a Smart Watch. The only solution is I can buy a new watch module at US$1400 that cost almost a new watch! I had been negotiated with Tag Heuer shop sales but they only having the same answer to me at all.

I do very disappoint on the service from Tag Heuer. First, it is almost not possible to make a scratch on a sapphire screen, which I never happened before either with Rolex or Seiko. Second, I found the same situation from a reviewer in YouTube got the same situation in March (
    ). Which means I am not the only one having the same situation. Third, I can't understand why Tag Heuer can't change the screen of this watch because it is Smart Watch but all other kind of electronics device with the display can??

It is really unacceptable that I bought a luxury watch which should be strongly scratch resistant but having the scratch and I reported within 2 days after I bought but can't get a reasonable service from Tag Heuer to fix the situation by either replacing the screen or replacing the watch unit.

So this means if anyone would like to buy this luxury Smart Watch at US$1650+, you have to accept the risk on no repairing can be applied if that very weak Sapphire Screen got a scratch and only can spend another US$1400 to buy a new watch module.

Eliran likes this.
  18. Hubert

Hubert Jul 15, 2017

Sorry to learn about your experience. As you can read from various testimonies on this thread, fellow members that have reported issues seem to have had an overall positive experience when dealing with TAG Heuer and their various customer service departments around the world.

When you bought your watch while travelling in Japan, did you purchase it from a TAG Heuer Boutique? an authorized dealer? or a grey-market vendor? To me, the answer could explain some of the difficulties while attempting to exercise the warranty.

Typically, when people report "scratches" on a Connected's screen, those cases are commonly caused by still having the 2nd protective plastic layer on. Since you took your watch for inspection, I am assuming the party who inspected it knows about the existence of the 2nd protective layer. As obvious as it may sound, it is worth mentioning it, since that is typically the number one source (and solution by removing it) for these types of issues.

In the end, I wish you good luck and hope you'll find a solution to this, as it seems to be causing you a great deal of frustration.

laurent likes this.
  19. B17KiriCon45

B17KiriCon45 Jul 15, 2017

Is anyone else experiencing any issue with "tilt to wake"? I keep turning it off and it keeps turning itself back on. I've restarted the watch several times and that hasn't worked... I'd really like too avoid a full reset, as all my other settings and apps are behaving just the way I want.

20. Marcus Wong

Marcus Wong Jul 15, 2017

I bought it in Tag Heuer official shop in Japan. Unfortunately in my case is the scratch is still there after removed the 2nd protective plastic....

I have been negotiated with the shop sales & also the manager in Tag Heuer HK Shop several times but they just told me no any solution even reported the case to their headquarter.... I had told them I can't accept the sapphire screen can be that easily scratched in 2 days even they thought I wore it in that short period while it is hard to prove it was carelessly missed out the scratch when bought it.

I owned several watches with sapphire screens but none of them having scratch mark even the oldest one already used for almost 6 years.... so I do really upset with the sapphire screen quality of this Connected Modular from Tag Heuer.

The watch do really look good and I hopefully can enjoy with it after back Hong Kong but now it just brought me lot of frustrate without solution....