Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. Good Times

Good Times Jun 27, 2017

Hey, mine just worked straight off the bat. Didn't need to do anything. Not sure why yours wouldn't. Are you using iMessage?

2. Hubert

Hubert Jun 27, 2017

Getting watchfaces on the PlayStore is great. Now, if we can only get descent ones, then that would be a whole different story.

I've said it in the past, I think a lot of us would be willing to pay a dollar or two for official TAG Heuer/Heuer watchfaces, just like an APP.

2thVet, laurent, PedroHeuer85 and 3 others like this.
  3. Tempefiremike

Tempefiremike Jun 27, 2017

Finally figured it out. It was a phone setting issue. Thx

4. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Jun 28, 2017

5. Hubert

Hubert Jun 28, 2017

6. Hubert

Hubert Jun 29, 2017

Some tidbits from today's event
    http://www.techradar.com/news/tag-h...ed-to-buying-a-new-smartwatch-every-few-years

7. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Jun 29, 2017

Thanks for your response... I actually emailed tag about it and they said the same thing (apart from suggesting to use a rubber on it) they have requested it go back to them for cleaning... Free of charge which was great of them

8. B17KiriCon45

B17KiriCon45 Jun 29, 2017

I'm very frustrated with the boutique that sold me my watch... still love the watch, though.

They sold me the one they had in stock, which originally had a titanium bracelet, but I wanted the brown calfskin, so they said no problem we'll swap it out for you. That was in mid-March. When my wife picked up the watch for my birthday gift in mid-April, they told her there was a problem getting the calfskin, but I could have a black rubber band instead at no cost and they'd be sure to still get the calfskin... fast forward to this week, and now they're telling me they're having difficulty getting it and asking do I want a different band...

No, I want the band I originally paid for. Anyone else running into supply problems with the calfskin band? Who do I contact to get this straightened out? At this point I feel like I'm getting the run around from this store and I'm about ready to name them along with the frustrating experience, anywhere I can post it on social media...

9. nelsinho

nelsinho Jun 30, 2017

Is the store in the US? Initially I tried to buy the watch in the US with Bloomingdales and they had to order the one I wanted (with the calfskin band, just like the one you want). I live in Chile and the connected is not available here. After 40 days, in a subsequent US trip, I went to the store and they told me the watch had not arrived saying that there were delays in getting them with the calfskin band.

Ended up buying the watch 2 weeks at the duty free TH store at the Doha airport during a connection, they had it in stock. Then I got to Singapore, and I could easily find all the options (bands, etc. ) at the local TH stores there. I was really disappointed with Bloomingdales after seeing all the options available in the other countries.

10. B17KiriCon45

B17KiriCon45 Jul 1, 2017

Thanks for your response, yes I'm in the US. I spoke with a Tag rep yesterday after submitting an email from their website. I got the impression that if I had said my band was damaged she would've arranged for a replacement, but since I've only been waiting for the item for 2.5 months it wasn't a customer service emergency. At least I know now the jeweler isn't dragging its feet, the rep confirmed Tag is having supply problems... I'm disappointed by this and now frustrated by Tag. The rep said the product has been very popular and, after all, it does have to ship all the way from Switzerland... please, as if shipping were the only issue in this scenario.

Watch is great and working awesome +1, customer service experience is terrible -5. I'm not on the plus side of ownership right now...

11. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Jul 1, 2017

I for 1 can't complain about the service received from tag.. I had problems with my 1st gen connected, first issue I had was with a small crack appeared on the titanium case so had to go back and a new watch head ordered. The replacement watch arrived with a defect to the bezel where during manufacture the engraving process failed so I was left with a printed "Tag Heuer Connected"

This went back again and yet another new watch head was ordered, this one arrived and everything was all fine and dandy for about 2 months, I was walking down the road and my watch vibrated, I raised my arm and flicked outwards to see the notification and the screen fell off, luckily 1 tiny screw was still attached which prevented the screen coming off completely. This went straight back to tag with a letter stating my disappointment. Shortly after I received a call from Tag offering me either a new strap or an upgrade to the modular 45 - all as a gesture of good will. Despite the clear obvious lack of craftsmanship on my first device I was blown away by the service received from Craig at the connected UK support. Faith was once again restored in the brand we all know and love.

I hope they can too turn things around for you

12. m072941

m072941 Jul 1, 2017

I have a 6000 i purchased in 1999, I have a similar issue, how do you remove links ? I see screws on both ends of the bracelet [the place where each bracelet side attaches to the body and the place where they attach to the clasp. I do not see pins that can be pushed out, so the screws must have something to do with link removal. Appreciate any guidance.

13. B17KiriCon45

B17KiriCon45 Jul 2, 2017

Thanks, I hope so also...

PedroHeuer85 likes this.
  14. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Jul 3, 2017

Has anyone that's purchased a new strap got the booklet that they don't want? I know some people have no interest in keeping packaging for some things and in most cases just bin them... I purchased a strap a few weeks back but have lost my instruction booklet for it and I'm one of these guys that like to keep everything as a full package even though I have no use for it lol... Happy to pay for it if someone has one?

Many thanks

15. ianb3737

ianb3737 Jul 4, 2017

Has anyone had issues with GPS not working on the watch. My son has had the watch for about a month and a couple of weeks ago the GPS just stopped working and the watch now shows him permanently at the location he was. He has been on to Tag technical support but they have been no help at all. He is using it connected via IOS but I don't see that being the problem. Any help suggestions would be appreciated. Just for the record mine works fine on Android and I am really impressed with it!!!

Edited Jul 4, 2017
  16. abeverat

abeverat Jul 4, 2017

Yes I had this issue. I had to go to the iPhone settings and click on the share location button on the gear app.

If you are in a place with a clear sky, it should find the satellites but it takes time. Almost 10 min

ianb3737 likes this.
  17. Iñaki

Iñaki Jul 5, 2017

You must activate the location in settings-location-android wear?

ianb3737 likes this.
  18. abeverat

abeverat Jul 5, 2017

If you want a reactive gps yes. The watch will get the position from the phone which uses cell antennas and wifi to estimate a position. Otherwise you need a clear sky (clear it means without a lot of building around). It's normal behavior.

ianb3737 and Iñaki like this.
  19. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Jul 7, 2017

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase something like this.. or do Tag purely use these for their display purposes?

Wanting this or something similar to store the straps/ display the watch when not being worn.

TAG-Heuer-Modular-45-launch-006.jpg
  20. sparkitekt

sparkitekt Jul 7, 2017

I picked up a titanium bezeled modular 45 this past Monday. I'm noticing a few quirks. I was wondering if anyone was having any experience with these issues...
    Titanium bezel: Has anyone noticed if the titanium bezel has a tendency to scratch easily?
    Transferring faces: a timeout or lag during face transfer from watchmaker to watch. Partial loading of a watch face.
    Watchmaker app: installed watch faces suddenly disappear from the app. Some faces load, but the preview appears with missing elements.
    Watch: time does not update when dimmed. No acces to tag connected app watch faces via iOS (is it possible to sideload via watchmaker?)
    Has anyone experienced any of these issues?