Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Jun 22, 2017

It's nice to see these coming out on what's starting to look like a regular basis. One idea I had recently was that now that these are modular and you can replace the bracelet on a whim, it'd be cool if Tag started doing limited edition bracelets. They could have a custom watch face to go with it.

I'd totally buy a Red Bull F1 team themed bracelet.

2. Hubert

Hubert Jun 22, 2017

I've been thinking about this for a long time. Ideally, they could offer different different themes, patterns, and maybe even "printable" designs that people could create. Now, if you want a step further, they could eventually offer bands with flexible OLED displays. Here's a concept from Polyera which never took off.

3. laurent

laurent Jun 23, 2017

update on battery: today seemingly the same usage pattern, I'm still at 47% battery after 12h - which is much better (still not 30h but maybe there is hope)

the only 2 things showing in the android gear app are still Screen (20%) and Watch idle (2%) - anyone else seeing other apps or source of battery usage ?

4. Hubert

Hubert Jun 23, 2017

It's still calibrating; hopefully you will continue to see some improvements.

I've posted pictures on this thread about the processes. Go through the pages and you'll be able to find them.

5. gnc1000

gnc1000 Jun 23, 2017

Picked up a Calibre 5 analog module for those times when my 45 battery is low... pairing it with a Chronos smart module... perhaps the smartest Calibre 5 possible!

Looks great!

IMG_20170623_142202_1.jpg

6. Hubert

Hubert Jun 23, 2017

That is actually a great workaround.

7. gnc1000

gnc1000 Jun 23, 2017

It is certainly useful... but the 45 is much more sophisticated for sure... but as jcbiver suggests... eternal!

8. nelsinho

nelsinho Jun 23, 2017

How did you get the stopwatch complication on the Tag Heuer Studio?

9. Hubert

Hubert Jun 23, 2017

I would definitely buy one, if a chronograph option that looked like this would be offered.
    upload_2017-6-23_17-42-11.png

rcipriano, Muchmaligned1 and nelsinho like this.
  10. gnc1000

gnc1000 Jun 23, 2017

Pretty easy-- on any of the complication items, double tap to bring up a list of apps -- the stopwatch is under 'clock'.

11. nelsinho

nelsinho Jun 23, 2017

Interesting: under Clock I only have Date, Sunrise and sunset, Time and Date, and World Clock. No stopwatch...

12. gnc1000

gnc1000 Jun 23, 2017

Check in the watch app store that you have downloaded the "clock" app.

13. laurent

laurent Jun 24, 2017

here are my babies... 2 wrists... 2 watches IMG_9996.JPG

Eliran, PedroHeuer85, Iñaki and 4 others like this.
  14. laurent

laurent Jun 24, 2017

So in order to make a complete 2nd watch for my calibre5 mechanical module I paid over $900 (with sales tax) for 2 tiny pieces of metal (the cheapest modular lugs available, titanium) that I would guess cost $10 or maybe $20 top to manufacture in China, what's up with that markup ? Should we expect to see "compatible" (aka same manufacturer selling on side channels without the tag box/branding) lug makers market or is the volume / interest on this series too low for people to bother ?

15. nelsinho

nelsinho Jun 24, 2017

Thanks. I added it and now can get additional complications, but none that shows as a red icon on the face like yours.

16. gnc1000

gnc1000 Jun 24, 2017

Actually, there's an alternate way to get to the stopwatch that will get you the red icon (I may have overlooked this!)

Choose 'general' and then 'app shortcut' and choose the timer app from the list. That will work.

17. nelsinho

nelsinho Jun 24, 2017

Got it. Thank you sir!

gnc1000 likes this.
  18. Iñaki

Iñaki Jun 26, 2017

When the watch gets wet ( swimming, shower,..) , the watchface start to change ( change of colour) and can't use the tactile.
    Only when I restart , can use again the watch.
    The solution: use TM ,but I don't like this because I want to use the watch when I'm swimming

19. Tempefiremike

Tempefiremike Jun 26, 2017

New member needing help... I purchased the Connected Modular 45 after reading all fifty pages on this forum and so far I really like the watch. The battery seems good for the whole day and I have current update. Problem is I synced with my iPhone and can receive incoming call alerts but cannot seem to figure out why I cannot receive incoming text alerts. I have restarted watch and android wear but no success. Any advise would help.

Also, is there a way to get WhatsApp on the watch while running iOS (iphone)

20. jayee11

jayee11 Jun 26, 2017

Well, the fact of the matter is, there will always be people like you or myself who will pay alot more for something than what it truly is worth. You're paying for the brand and the exclusivity, just like any other luxury watch. Luxury manufacturers works with narrow and deep markup strategies, less quantity but with more markup.

All that aside, you have to admit the quality is there. Have you seen the KW88? It's cheaper, so would you buy that?

I personally like the fact that the connected has its own exclusive modular system, otherwise it would REALLY be just another android smartwatch.

nelsinho and Prokrastindj like this.