Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. michelberg

michelberg Jun 13, 2017

Do you guys notice the same as me, when i open a whatsapp message it opens the last one. to read the ones before you have to scroll all the way down. the previous connected did open the last post in the conversation, to read the ones before you only have to scroll 1 up. Do you guys understand what i mean? is it possible to change this?

2. kiefyboy

kiefyboy Jun 14, 2017

Hi All,

STRAVA ISSUES on CONNECTED 46

Am having the same problem on Android on my Connected 46. Since the 2.0 update, the distance does not increase on the strava app on my watch when I am running. I have turned off the watch sensors so in theory it should just show the time and distance mirroring what is shown on the Strava app on my Samsung phone. Its so really annoying. Karl, did you find a way round this - did you get any help? Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it? Any help greatly appreciated!!

3. Unal

Unal Jun 14, 2017

I seriously thought about purchasing the Connected 45... I had too many questions which remain still unanswered. What is the battery lifespan? Can you replace the battery? At what cost? Also I did find the software a little clunky. Also not happy with the ATOM processor. I have had bad experiences with the Intel ATOM processor. It may not be an issue but old habits are hard to shake. Also, I am an Apple IPhone user and I dont want to move to an S8. You dont get much functionality with the IPhone. Basic email, reply to Gmail only etc.... I use O365 at work so that wont work... no calendar reminders (I was told) unless its from Google. I think its still too early for smart watches. The Apple2 is actually a better rated smart watch, if you like the look of a bit of plastic on your wrist... But thats just me. It looks ok on the wrist, but not as nice as a mechanical timepiece.... again my opinion only. I would love to hear from people who have acquired Connected 45. How has the experience been? Thanks.

4. Hubert

Hubert Jun 14, 2017

Many of these questions ave been previously answered on this thread. Plenty of iPhone experience comments. The battery is not replaceable.

5. Good Times

Good Times Jun 14, 2017

Thanks for the discussion, I've been into 3 stores in New York this week and not one of them could answer a single question about the watch. Nor the Montblanc I might add. Heck one store had about 8 watches on display but not one of them charged. Are they expecting a smart watch to sell on looks alone!? Insanity!

I'm still reticent about purchasing one but that may change. I was hoping transferring contacts from my iPhone to the watch would be a simple press of a 'sync' button, rather than what appears to be needing to transfer all my contacts to a gmail account and then sync that. It looks like it could take days or weeks to customise the watch setup. On the other hand not a single other smart watch does it for me.

6. Hawkinskarl

Hawkinskarl Jun 14, 2017

Hi
    I contacted Strava CS and this was the response hope it helps I haven't used it since if I'm honest please tell me how you get on hope it helps bud.

7. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Jun 14, 2017

Are you worried it's something like the netbooks of old? Intel IMHO made a mistake by re-using the Atom name, but these Atom processors have nothing to do with the old Atom processors. These are specifically made for mobile applications like smartphones and tablets.

8. chrisuk

chrisuk Jun 15, 2017

Hi all,

Had my 45 a week now, black ceramic face, black lugs & black titanium strap.

I came from an Apple Watch & im an iPhone user, so any questions between the two or functionality with an iPhone, fire away.

I'm loving the fact you can install Android Pay on the watch with no need for an android phone, that was one of my biggest issues, but thankfully I don't need to switch phones now.

I've read the thread regarding battery life, but I'm getting around 4.5% an hour from mine, so around 22 hours in total (although when messing about with apps ormwatch faces whilst setting up and playing, this rapidly deteriorates).

Only a couple of negatives so far, one regarding the backlight not staying on long enough - although the staylit app sorts this out. It also has a new feature where it stays on permentantly until you lower your wrist, which is a great feature.

I also had a few issues with the watch now lighting up when being looked at (not very sensitive wrist motion). Again, this seems to have been resolved by the staylit app.

The wifi on the watch is also terrible. If I'm sitting next to the router I'm ok, but anywhere else and it just keeps disconnecting.

I still can't find or remove the second screen protection either. Is this definitely on there ? I can't see nor feel it and I've had a good rummage around the inside of the dial with my fingernail.

Lastly, I did have to perform a factory reset on it the 2nd day I had it as the watch crashed on the black screen and nothing could bring it back. That was annnoying after I spent day 1 setting it all up.

Anyway, I'm pleased with it overall as it stands, notifications from iOS all work as well as android pay. I'll await to see what the Tag app brings come September on iOS.

Now to try find the Tag watch faces again which seem to have been banned and removed from all forums....

9. Good Times

Good Times Jun 15, 2017

Hey Chris, can you confirm whether you can answer a call with it when paired to the iPhone? I'm hoping to leave my phone on my desk, but keep the air buds with me and be able to accept a call from the watch.

Might push the button today :)

Edited Jun 15, 2017
  10. glide

glide Jun 15, 2017

Does anyone know why the backs of some of the watches are engraved with "50 Meters" while others say "50 meters waterproof"?

IMG_8256.JPG IMG_8257.JPG

11. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 15, 2017

Same thing happened with the Autavia- the early prototypes had "Waterproof- Guaranteed 330 FT Under Water" while the production watches just say "100m".

I suspect that the first wording was great from a marketing point of view, but the truth is no watch is "water proof"- it's more "water resistant", which is the wording you'll see on the website.
    Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 16.22.02.png

12. Good Times

Good Times Jun 16, 2017

Bit the bullet! Looks like it's in dealer mode, once again thank goodness for the forum.....

IMG_0403.jpg
  13. chrisuk

chrisuk Jun 16, 2017

Hi mate,

You can answer the phone (or reject the call) via your watch, but it just answers the phone & you have to pick up the call on there, not on the watch.

If you have air buds then you're good to go :)

Good Times likes this.
  14. chrisuk

chrisuk Jun 16, 2017

The one I got last week just says 50 meters - may have had the long description on the earlier version.

15. chrisuk

chrisuk Jun 16, 2017

Couple of pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eliran, rcipriano, Calibre11 and 2 others like this.
  16. chrisuk

chrisuk Jun 16, 2017

Still can't get this second protective layer off though, find myself cleaning the face quite often with finger marks on it.

I can also confirm that as standard (everything on), watch was getting around 4.5-4.8% per hour, with the Staylit app running at 15 seconds, battery usage has only risen to 5.1% usage per hour - so still 19.5-20 hours per day.

17. Hubert

Hubert Jun 16, 2017

Maybe the new ones don't have the 2nd protective plastic. I assume you are running the latest update?

18. chrisuk

chrisuk Jun 16, 2017

The watch updated when I first charged it up and got it running, so assuming it's the latest one.

Android OS 7.1.1

Android Wear 2.0.0.159006699

19. humerc

humerc Jun 16, 2017

I changed back to iPhone after trying a few weeks Android. The battery life seems much better on iPhone (had the same watch settings ob Android, everything but NFC on). Its a shame that Navigation on Google Maps is not possible on the iPhone...

20. Hubert

Hubert Jun 16, 2017

I don't have mine to check the numeric version. The latest build is: NXH19N