Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. tswire

tswire Jun 3, 2017

Thanks. I bought it off a guy that did a short review of it so have asked him as well. I can't seem to "pick" at the edge to remove. How did you do it?

2. Hubert

Hubert Jun 3, 2017

Try using your fingernail around minute 35, to see if you can feel the plastic.

3. tswire

tswire Jun 4, 2017

So I can't seem to find the second film. Must be off but I have been a bit annoyed with this. See pics. First one is straight on. See how white the hand markers are?
    IMG_0216.JPG

Now see when you tilt it, the "white" goes very blue
    IMG_0217.JPG

Hard to see in photos but everyone can see that if they just leave ambient on and tile their hand. Is this normal?

4. glide

glide Jun 4, 2017

Hi All,
    I am considering purchasing an all black Modular 45 (case, lugs, buckle, step, etc) but I know at some point I will pick up the mechanical module which only comes in polished titanium. I am curious/concerned how that would look with black lugs attached. Anyone currently have a similar combination?

laurent and Cbdjurhuus like this.
  5. Hubert

Hubert Jun 4, 2017

You could always buy a 2nd set of lugs in titanium if you feel the colors clash. The review has lots of pictures of the mechanical module from multiple angles so that you can make up your mind.
    https://www.calibre11.com/in-depth-review-tag-heuer-connected-modular-45-android-smartwatch/

6. glide

glide Jun 4, 2017

That was my initial plan until I learned they were $850...When you factor in the cost of straps, buckles, and lugs it almost feels like Tag is going out of the way to kill the modular appeal of the watch.

laurent likes this.
  7. Toby P

Toby P Jun 5, 2017

I'm now running NXH19N too. pushed to watch over the past day or two and installed without me knowing. Battery went haywire on Wednesday last week and discharged really quickly and now has returned to normal. I agree entirely re Android Pay - it works well, however you can put a complication shortcut onto the interactive watch face only at present. It would be nice to be able add it to any face or have a button shortcut built in.

8. tswire

tswire Jun 5, 2017

So battery on the new NXH19N after restarting the watch is averaging around 4-5% per hour which is between 20 and 25 hours. That is with Wifi, NFC, Bluetooth on. Always on screen, tilt to wake. No ok google, no gestures. Seems ok. Also, the new firmware has fixed the watch still ringing when pick up phone call on iphone. Tried yesterday and once call was picked up on phone, watched stopped buzzing.

gnc1000 likes this.
  9. Hubert

Hubert Jun 5, 2017

Glad to see @Toby P and @tswire have received the NXH19N update and are reporting positive impressions. I still haven't received mine and it's not yet available to all to be able to "pull" it from the System updates function.

10. tswire

tswire Jun 5, 2017

Anyone see this blueish tinge on their watch as they tilt? Is it the sapphire crystal?

11. gnc1000

gnc1000 Jun 5, 2017

I've never seen firmware updates delivered that way (manually available)...

However there has been a way that can work for pulling the update.

Do a factory reset of the watch, and it is possible that you may get presented with the latest update.

Certainly a hassle, but it has worked.

12. Hubert

Hubert Jun 5, 2017

@Sully2829 indicated TAG Heuer Support said the update would be available on June 7th, so hopefully it will be widely available to everyone this week.

13. dtf

dtf Jun 5, 2017

Not an ownership experience so possibly not for this thread, but I took a look at the connected modular today, looks fantastic, easily the nicest finished smart watch I've seen. The mechanical module looks fantastic too, I would be tempted with one if I wasn't holding out for the mechanical version of the first connected.

I asked the girl what feedback and impressions they'd had from customers, she said it was almost entirely positive, tech guys love them, one complained that the crown dug into his wrist, and a few had said the iOS support wasn't great, but otherwise the customers liked them.

14. Toby P

Toby P Jun 6, 2017

I'm afraid I was over-enthusiatic and mistaken with yesterday's post. Having looked again more carefully my watch this morning it's running N7G471. I'll await the NXH19N update like everyone else over the next couple of days. Apologies for the confusion. T.

Hubert likes this.
  15. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Jun 6, 2017

Hubert likes this.
  16. tswire

tswire Jun 6, 2017

Ya, I have seen it too generally with "Cheaper" watches like Fossil Q smartwatches but NEVER with Apple watch or even Samsung Gear S3. Like most of the time, I glance at the watch for time...in ambient mode, it looks so.....so, not "sharp" like it does head on. May take to store to compare to see if my watch has a defect.

17. Hubert

Hubert Jun 6, 2017

Yes, go to the store and compare it to another.

18. tswire

tswire Jun 6, 2017

Just to update, I am averaging 4.5% per hour on the newest firmware over past couple of days. Like I mentioned before, charging now goes to 100%. I have NFC, Wifi, always on screen but no gestures or GPS. I am on iphone and get approx 100 emails during the day, couple of calls. 4.5% is with NO playstore downloading on wifi....just light to normal use.

Iñaki and Hubert like this.
  19. Iñaki

Iñaki Jun 6, 2017

Received now the update and installed.

20. Hubert

Hubert Jun 6, 2017

Great! Did you do anything to "retrieve" it? Or did a notification just appear?