Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. Iñaki

Iñaki Jun 1, 2017

I didn´t try it

2. michelberg

michelberg Jun 2, 2017

Finally got mine this week,

All black with black lugs, black bezel and grey leather strap. Really wanted "All black" so my store gave me a black rubber strap also. great service.
    First thing i noticed was the battery life, I also got a OG connected and the battery life of this one is about half as long as the old one. strange.. Does anybody have some tips i can use? screen turns already off.

Thank's guys.

3. Hubert

Hubert Jun 2, 2017

Congrats; be sure to post some pictures.

My OG Connected does last longer; you're not alone. Calibrate the battery; search on this thread for details. Also disable sensors you don't use.

4. michelberg

michelberg Jun 2, 2017

5. tswire

tswire Jun 2, 2017

Hey guys. Owned both original and now modular 45. As with EVERYONE, the battery life is a huge concern but I just received the newest firmware last night (watch just shut off and loaded it on it's own). NXH19N. Seems snappier and I can confirm it charged to 100% last night for the first time!!! However, I am only 1 hour in to use today and went from 100 to 78. Arg. I don't have anything running except wifi and ambient mode. Will give it a day or 2 of full discharge and charge and report back.
    A couple of questions....I too find the smudges on this screen ALL the time. I have checked and it seems like there are no more films covering the screen (from shipping product). I am disappointed in the clarity of the screen as well....on different angles the colors wash out and get that rainbow effect. Anyone else? Second, I am SO disappointed to find out we cannot launch android pay with a tap, long tap, double tap of the crown. You have to click crown to turn watch on (from ambient mode), click again for apps, click android pay app, let it load and get ready. WTF. Tap and pay is for convenience. Maybe I am missing something but shouldn't the watch be able to detect NFC (like iphone does) and then tap and go? Any other solutions?
    IMG_0207.JPG

6. tswire

tswire Jun 2, 2017

Down to 44% after 2 hours. LOL. I sure hope this gets fixed by time, restart or new firmware!

7. Hubert

Hubert Jun 2, 2017

Try restarting the watch. See if that decreases the battery drain. There could be a process running that is over-consuming.

8. tswire

tswire Jun 2, 2017

Yup restarted and now 5% an hour. Still hoping for more but we will see.

So wondering if I still have that second film still on the screen. Trying to carefully pick at the sides but doesn't seem like it. The glare is horrible, getting major blueish tinge on slight angle and smudges all over. How can I really tell?

9. Jcr

Jcr Jun 2, 2017

Hi how do you force the update ?

10. Hubert

Hubert Jun 2, 2017

Try Settings > System > About > System updates
    Sometimes it works best when charging/fully-charged and connected to WiFi.

NOTE: Until the update becomes available to "everyone", you may not see it, as they roll-it-out in phases. I cannot get it yet.

11. Jcr

Jcr Jun 2, 2017

Thanks

12. michelberg

michelberg Jun 2, 2017

now 3th day after 13hrs still 48% battery left. looks much better now

13. Hubert

Hubert Jun 2, 2017

Are you running the latest update?
    Or is this just after your battery calibration?

14. michelberg

michelberg Jun 3, 2017

Just turnt it of and on. now after 24hrs still 24%. I'm running sw N7G47I

15. Hubert

Hubert Jun 3, 2017

Good; the new update hopefully may yield better numbers.

16. tswire

tswire Jun 3, 2017

I figured that but have picked at the edge of the glass at the bezel and can't seem to make anything come up. Will keep trying

17. tswire

tswire Jun 3, 2017

Does this look normal? IMG_0210.JPG all outdoors with the glare? And if you look close at second pic you can see the smudges.
    IMG_0211.JPG

18. Jcr

Jcr Jun 3, 2017

hi
    Using my modular connected 2 with Apple iPhone , when my phone rings and I answer it , it keeps ringing on the watch until I manually stop it is this normal ?
    Thanks

19. tswire

tswire Jun 3, 2017

The new firmware actually has the ability to answer the iPhone now!!! Like it picks the call up on the phone not the watch obviously. In the previous firmware yes I had it continue to ring on watch but have not received a call yet on new firmware.

Jcr likes this.
  20. Hubert

Hubert Jun 3, 2017

I think you still have the 2nd protective film on. In your picture, the lower left periphery of the dial seems to suggest that.