Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. Jaylox

Jaylox May 29, 2017

hi I've just bought a modular 45 and was wondering if you will be making an updated watch or software?
    I'm over the moon with my smart watch
    I have had a 2000series for years but would hope in a couple of years I will be able to upgrade or update my latest watch
    I've over a dozen high quality watches and smart watches being the future I hope you have plans to make more or these
    Apple make nice technology but they are still not the quality that you guys make
    Thanks Jason

IMG_0816.JPG
  2. Jaylox

Jaylox May 29, 2017

Also when will an Apple iOS become available as this is your only flaw

benzianium likes this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert May 30, 2017

If the Connected continues to sell well, then we can expect future editions in upcoming years. I am counting on it. In the shorter term, rumors suggest additional Connected variants could surface around October; one larger, another smaller for ladies.

The software will continue to get updates. Especially when Android Wear launches new versions. We should also get periodic security updates, around every month or so.

Be sure to subscribe to this thread for news and updates:
    https://forums.calibre11.com/thread...es-2017-tag-heuer-connected-modular-45.54621/

4. Sully2829

Sully2829 May 30, 2017

Good Evening guys,

Although this is my first post I have been following the thread from day 1 as I purchased my CM45 the day it was launched here in the U.K.

Up until today my batt issues have been minimal. Yes, like the rest of us I managed them initially (ADB on , batt calibration etc) I've been using a number of third party faces, screen- full brightness, always on, wi if - auto , Bluetooth - on ( no NFC) , average notifications and minimal calls and I've managed to get through a day only to have to charge at night. ( av 19 hrs) -That's fine for me.

Last night I decided I wanted to use a watchmaker third party tag connected face displaying batt, weather and steps which required GPS. The batt lasted 4 hrs from 90%

I recharged it fully again between 1.30 and 3pm today and then selected the standard 01 heuer face for fear the third party face was part of the issue and got 5 hrs from it taking me to 8 pm!

I then recharged it fully again. So that's nearly 3 full charges in one day!

I've emailed Tag but I'm expecting the usual software update suggestions and workarounds.

Have others experienced such drain once GPS is on?

I'm keen to track my steps everyday. Can you do that if the watch GPS is turned off ( via the phones GPS)? Or does that limit functionality?

Do we know whether the rumoured software update will help with this?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

5. Iñaki

Iñaki May 31, 2017

Today, I had a issue with the watch. Charged to 100% ( normally charge only to 97%). Put into airplane mode and screen off at the 22:00. When I look today at 7:00 , the watch was without battery.
    I didn't installed the last days any app, watchface ( only use runkeeper and google play music)

6. dc42

dc42 May 31, 2017

Same here yesterday. Everything was good for a few hours and then the battery just died very quickly. Wierd how that has happened to a few people. Wasn't on watchmaker, just a normal face.

7. Sully2829

Sully2829 May 31, 2017

Call from Tag this morning:-

Effectively turn GPS off and use the phones GPS. Though that might be the case.

As regards the new update everyone should have had it pushed out to them by June 7th. ( not sure whether that was just UK or not)

Cheers,

Chris

8. designdisorder

designdisorder May 31, 2017

Those battery issues are really weird. I usually get a full day out of the watch which is 7am - 11pm, with pretty much enough battery left to even run a full 24h circle. I'll typically charge my watch as soon as I get up in the morning which is enough to give it a full charge by 7am.

Just as I check my battery right now, I am almost 9h into the day and the watch is at 80% !!!

My usage pattern: GPS enabled, WiFI enabled (not always connected), auto brightness, standard HEUER watch face, BLE connection to my iPhone via Aerlink, all kinds of notifications thru out the day.

Given the fact that the watch display is permanently switched on, I am very impressed by the power consumption compared to an Apple Watch. I sure the Apple Watch would be dead after a few hours if the display would be always on.

Let's wait and see if the update brings a more consistent behaviour to all of us ...

9. designdisorder

On a different topic though: I am owning the watch with the titanium wristband and usually wear it kind of loose, so that the watch can easily move on my wrist. So far so good. But since I own the watch it happened already 4 times now, that the wristband/lugs detached on one side from the watch module. Fortunately I was always fast enough top catch the watch before dropping onto the floor.

When I check the watch after fixing the lugs everything looks and feels fine, but then again, this thing happens. My guess right now is the following: due to the fact that the watch can relatively easy move in my case, it might be possible that the opener on the lug gets pushed by pressing against my wrist. Actually, this seems to be a really bad design, and I don't think that this is very uncommon.

Any similar experiences? Any fix? I don't want to loose my watch right in the middle of something ...

Edited Jun 1, 2017
  10. Iñaki

Iñaki May 31, 2017

You also connect the watch to a Android Phone? If you only use the iphone, ¿don´t use the app Android Wear?

11. designdisorder

Correct. I have actually linked the watch to an Android device via the Android Wear app to use the better Tag Heuer app for editing watchfaces, but for daily use I am using Aerlink to connect to my iPhone. This way you can actually talk to two devices, without the need to wipe your watch to switch between devices.

Iñaki likes this.
  12. jucarbon

jucarbon May 31, 2017

Yess it works like charm thanks designdisorder for this info.

13. jezwick

jezwick Jun 1, 2017

Yeah, its happened to me 3 times now with one time the watch falling to the floor and scratching the strap. Its always the top lug that comes lose for me as well..

I'm constantly checking now that its clipped in correctly as I commute to work on my bike ..

I wrote to Tag after the first time this happened but didn't hear anything back!!

designdisorder likes this.
  14. Hubert

Hubert Jun 1, 2017

Do you guys disassemble the watch frequently to change the straps?

15. jezwick

jezwick Jun 1, 2017

No, never swapped a strap out

I wonder sometimes if bone on my wrist causes the release mechanism to be triggered ..

16. Hubert

Hubert Jun 1, 2017

Mine is pretty stiff, but I have the rubber strap. Make sure the pieces are firmly secured all the way in.

17. SimonHoward

SimonHoward Jun 1, 2017

Afternoon All..

New to the Forum and read through a lot of the previous posts and found a lot of very interesting information. I've loved the look/concept of this watch for several months and after several weeks of deliberation finally purchased one and have been using for almost a week now. Haven't had to many issues with battery life but am struggling with some aspects which I'm hoping some of you may be able to help with.

I'm an iPhone user so appreciate from all the reviews I've read and posts I've seen that we are a little limited in functionality compared to Android users, however!!! I went for a run yesterday evening and used the Fit Workout app and started the running utility and when completed pressed Stop, however do you think I can find the results of my run anywhere?? HELP

I also feel somewhat duped by Tag and their modular claims!! Whilst I've purchased the Blue on Blue strap I also thought I'd purchased the grey leather strap to make the watch look a little smarter for evenings out. Now I might be a little naive here, but I would have thought that at £235 for a strap I would be getting the full thing, however it also seems I have to purchase a new buckle at nearly £200 or phaff around removing the buckle on the blue strap which takes away the modular feel, also not entirely sure what is required to connect the strap to the lugs as ends look entirely different to rubber strap.

To be honest I could be being totally stupid but has anyone else had any similar experiences or able to offer any advice/guidance.

Thanks for the tip on the second piece of plastic protecting the screen, thought the display was a little strange..

18. Hubert

Hubert Jun 1, 2017

Welcome; checkout my thread for disassembly & assembly videos.

19. Iñaki

Iñaki Jun 1, 2017

Welcome Simon, I´m also a iphone user and you can´t see the results of the Fit App ( I tried in google fit web and nothing). I changed to runtastic because with this app you can see the results on the iphone´s app.

20. dc42

dc42 Jun 1, 2017

Doesn't Strava work?