Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. Rkick07

Rkick07 May 23, 2017

I wish the interactive theme would allow you to change the dial color than just black and white..

Eliran and PedroHeuer85 like this.
  2. jucarbon

jucarbon May 23, 2017

Designdesorder, also any tutorials to configure this, I have an Samsung S8 but will like also the notifications of my iphone on my watch.

Thanks

3. designdisorder

designdisorder May 23, 2017

You don't need a BLE utility to use Aerlink. There is an Aerlink iOS companion app available in the app store, that is the counterpart of the Aerlink Android Wear app.

You simply install both apps and start the pairing on the watch. The iOS app needs to run on your iOS device and make sure you enable notifications in the iOS app. It's actually pretty straight forward.

As already mentioned, there are sometimes connection issues with the setup, which might require a new pairing if you get constant connection timeouts. In this case you delete the watch from your BT device list and start the pairing process again by starting from the Aerlink app on your smartwatch.

Give it a try ...
    designdisorder

4. jucarbon

jucarbon May 23, 2017

Thanks!!!

5. jucarbon

jucarbon May 24, 2017

Question, can the connected 45 be left charging overnight? Any damage if I do this?

6. Hubert

Hubert May 24, 2017

7. nelsinho

nelsinho May 25, 2017

On the battery drain, on the first day battery drained very fast. I turned off Wi-Fi and Tilt to Wake, and changed from the interactive face to a custom one and battery consumption improved, I was at 76% after 7 hours. I moved back to the interactive face and it moved to 71% after 8 hours. I will try to run the battery to zero today to calibrate it.

8. weephillie

weephillie May 25, 2017

Well after a 55 day wait my red rubber strap finally arrived today ...woohoo! The packaging was a bit excessive though. IMG_20170525_143253_445.jpg 20170525_142835.jpg 20170525_225255.jpg 20170525_140705.jpg

PedroHeuer85, wowpeter and Iñaki like this.
  9. Hubert

Hubert May 25, 2017

Looks great.

weephillie likes this.
  10. weephillie

weephillie May 25, 2017

Lovin this ...it's a shame it's not available in the UK

PedroHeuer85 likes this.
  11. Iñaki

Iñaki May 26, 2017

12. Toby P

Toby P May 26, 2017

New undocumented feature!

I have put a screen lock on my watch to enable Android Pay / IOS. On connection to the charger, the watch will now only charge if I make sure its unlocked first. Charged it on locked last night and battery registered 9% this morning.

13. Toby P

Toby P May 26, 2017

Me too. Like the black face but really want white hands so that I can actually see them.

Eliran likes this.
  14. gnc1000

gnc1000 May 26, 2017

I reached out to Peter -- send an email to sales@fatdogmods.com and he will sort it out for you.

PedroHeuer85 and weephillie like this.
  15. wowpeter

wowpeter May 26, 2017

Some more personal experience about the product...

First I still find it a bit annoying by Tag that some of the basic accessories like additional charging pad is still not readily available at the Tag Heuer Store. (Online store not accessible /available at my location)...

As for battery life, after using it and testing different set up, I notice the wrist detection is a significant battery drain, especially if you are very active during the day. I suspect it must be very poor wrist detection that constantly mis-read the wrist movement and turn the screen on by accident.

Finally, I notice on very rare occasion the watch will occasionally just have a completely unreeaponsive black screen as if it just shut itself off without the user actually turning it off, but I know it is not actually off because as soon as you put it on a charging pad, the watch will become responsive again (and no this is not because the battery had gone to zero either, after it turn back on with the charging pad, it will show plenty of battery life)... And during this type of black screen of death, the watch screen will not come on even with the touch screen or when pressing the side button... It just become completely unresponsive, you can't restart it either as you can't turn it off as the screen just remains black the whole time... I reckon it is a software gitch. I wonder if anyone experience the same issue occasionally? It only happen to be very occasionally (3 times since I got the watch and I got the watch literally when it first came out). So maybe isolated incident?

Other than that overall it is a good watch and very good quality built. I try android pay the other night and it works like a charm!

Edited May 26, 2017
  16. nelsinho

nelsinho May 28, 2017

I am trying to use Spotify, but when I start the app it tries to connect and fails, with a "Connection Failed" message. Did anyone suffer the same problems? BTW, I am on iOS.

17. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere May 28, 2017

I've actually had that unresponsive bug. I was able to restart it by holding down the button for a few seconds.

18. gnc1000

gnc1000 May 29, 2017

Curious to know if anyone has seen NXH19N yet?

19. Jcr

Jcr May 29, 2017

No ,contact support and they said I would get it over coming weeks ! Annoying if true and it's released , charging issue is becoming a pain , not good that one has to switch off features to get a day from the watch

20. Hubert

Hubert May 29, 2017

No company likes to do updates over holidays, so I hope we'll begin to see some phased roll-outs soon.