Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. weephillie

weephillie May 19, 2017

I bought my watch in March with the black rubber strap. Immediately ordered the red strap and it's still not here almost two months on. Spoke to TAG today and was informed there is a delay on them but been assured it will be with me by next Friday ...we shall see!

2. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 May 20, 2017

Thanks yes very easy to change... Took less than 2 mins to take the old one off, but the clasp on the new strap and reattach (was the first time I'd taken the watch apart like that so thought 2mins was quite impressive).

I ordered the strap on 2nd may and was told it would take 28days to arrive as it had to be specially made in Switzerland as they had no stock ready and it arrived on the 17th so o ly took about 2 weeks which was pretty good. A few people had mentioned that tag were having issues with their ordering system online and orders were subsequently being held up, after a week mine was still showing as pending so contacted them... Whether they pushed it through from that I'm not sure but it's worth getting on to them about it

Iñaki likes this.
  3. jucarbon

jucarbon May 21, 2017

Hi any fix to charge the watch to 100% my watch stops at 96%. Is annoying me! :)

4. Hubert

Hubert May 22, 2017

Not yet. Hopefully we'll get an update in the next few weeks.

5. dc42

dc42 May 22, 2017

Switching the Debugging on worked for me. See previous comments to switch on.

6. gnc1000

gnc1000 May 22, 2017

I've owned a number of different Android Wear watches, and other than my original Moto 360,and Moto 360v2, the charger puck or connector was a bit awkward to use (on its side on the desk or nightstand)-- this was always something our Apple friends had an advantage-- there are literally dozens of third party charging stands which fit the Apple charging puck to beautifully show off your watch.

Then, I discovered Fat Dog Mods -- they make clever 3D printed plastic resin modules that fit almost any Android Wear watch to almost any Apple watch stand...

I bought one for my Nixon Mission, and it's great...and then another for my Asus Zenwatch 2, also great.

So I wrote to their support, as there was no listing for the connected 45 on their website ( http://www.fatdogmods.com ) and Peter the owner wrote back to me and asked if I would measure my charging puck, and he'd send me a prototype.

This was of course awesome, and I got my
    calipers and sent him a set of measurements.

We went through a few iterations over a number of weeks, and settled on a design that works.

The lightweight disk attaches to your charging puck with 3m adhesive, included, which removes easily. There are rubber o-rings you attach to the adapter to fit any Apple stand-- takes just a minute to set up!

The Fat Dog Tag Heuer Connected variant is here on Amazon:

Tag Heuer Connected 45 Stand Adapter, Fits Any Apple Watch Stand (Black)

I have purchased quite a few Apple Watch stands from Amazon, here is a gallery of them in use (all under $20)

(My favorite stand of the moment is the 'iClever' which is solid metal, very adjustable and folds flat for travel)

link on Amazon here if you are interested in the iClever

IMG_20170502_133727.jpg

Peter is a good guy doing a right thing, highly recommended for just under $20 with shipping... really makes my Connected 45 look even cooler ...

EMB, PedroHeuer85, Good Times and 4 others like this.
  7. jucarbon

jucarbon May 22, 2017

Thanks DC42 , I have the watch in developer mode how can I switch debbuging on?

8. jucarbon

jucarbon May 22, 2017

DC42 found the developer options menu, which one do I need to turn on?

Thanks for your help.

9. jucarbon

jucarbon May 22, 2017

Hi I am not receiving the incoming call notification to decline the call, in my Connected 45. I just receive the missed call notification. I think I have checked all the settings and cannot fix it.

Thanks

10. Jcr

Jcr May 22, 2017

Mine goes to 96% I then take if off the charging base and put it back on and it then goes to 100 %

11. dtf

dtf May 22, 2017

@gnc1000 that's very cool! Thanks for working with them to prototype it

12. Zoeyevangelista

Zoeyevangelista May 23, 2017

I am a bit curious, that commercial of tag has stated it has built in gps. Where the apps of gps ?i do not find the gps of mine.

13. designdisorder

designdisorder May 23, 2017

This is good news, given the fact that I am a new TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 owner since last Friday only. I assume that this would solve the 100% charging issue many people are having.

Coming from the iOS/Mac OS world, Android Wear was pretty new to me and I was afraid to really suffer a lot from the limited iOS support, when it comes to Android Wear. But surprisingly, the switch (actually I am not fully switching as I am still using my Apply Watch from time to time) I was really surprised about the features of Android Wear and what's still possible using my iPhone as a companion.

Even though I first try to use the iOS Android Wear app to begin with, I finally decided to pair my watch with an Android based music player which I am using as well in order to use the fully capabilities of watchfaces and the available tools out there including the TAG Heuer own app. This might change as soon as the iOS app will be available, but at this point it is the best solution.

As for the iOS connectivity I decided to actually switch to Aerlink as a tool to connect to my iPhone as you normally can not pair two devices to the same watch at the same time. What Aerlink does is providing a iOS client that runs in the background and uses BT LE to communicate to the watch through an app on the watch, which gives you all the required notification support, being able to even take phone calls and use the phones camera remotely. In the beginning I had some hick-ups with the BT pairing, but if this causes you trouble, you either delete the pairing from the phone and re-pair or use the BT connectivity setting in the watch to reconnect. So far it is pretty stable.

When it comes to the battery consumption (and this is based on my setup using Aerlink) I currently end up with 20+ hours of battery life while getting all my notifications (private & office) via my watch, which could end up in 50+ emails per day. I typically recharge my watch after wakeup in the morning and before jumping out of the house. I also use a black TAG Heuer watchface most of the time as it seems to consume less power compared to rather bright watchfaces. Given the fact that the watch shows the dial all the time, I think that the power consumption is still amazing compared to the Apple Watch, which only turns on the display while watching the time. With the display not permanently running I assume that the power consumption is even better compared to the Apple Watch.

I don't have to tell you that I like the great finish and the look of the watch pretty much, as it resembles a real watch compared to the Apple Watch, which in its own right is amazing as well. I have the titanium watch with the black ceramic bezel and the titanium wrist band, as it works the best during cold and warm days. I hate to tight straps which makes me seat and just doesn't feel comfortable. I might add one of the rubber straps moving forward, but no hurry.

Given the fact that this was a rather add-hoc decision to buy the watch (learned about it 2 days before) I am super happy with this beauty and looking forward to more cool stuff to come. Btw, my preference initially was the Tissot smart watch that was announced more than 1 year ago but never realized. Missed opportunity for Tissot :)

Looking forward to find new insights here in the forum ...

EMB and Iñaki like this.
  14. designdisorder

designdisorder May 23, 2017

What do you mean by "you do not find the GPS?" Have you installed Google Maps or have you used the Weather app? This is where your GPS kicks in. There is no separate GPS app installed, but I am sure you'll find some bare bone GPS readout app in the app store

15. Hubert

Hubert May 23, 2017

Hopefully the NXH19N update will be widely available in the next couple of weeks.

16. Hubert

Hubert May 23, 2017

17. Hubert

Hubert May 23, 2017

Iñaki likes this.
  18. Hubert

Hubert May 23, 2017

Eliran likes this.
  19. Iñaki

Iñaki May 23, 2017

When I choose the watchface interactive black I can´t see the clock very well with sun

20. jucarbon

jucarbon May 23, 2017

Designdesorder, question what application are you using on the iPhone? The BLE utility is no longer on the app store. Thanks for your help.