Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. Hubert

Hubert May 12, 2017

The "dim mode" of the official watch faces vary and are very, very austere. That is why many of use prefer the fan-made ones created in WatchMaker. There are virtually endless options and the community is always creating more, so you will never run-out of choices.

Eliran likes this.
  2. Fear345

Fear345 May 13, 2017

My battery life wasn't that good but after two calibrations I am getting about 16 hours out of it now.
    IMG_20170415_130520.jpg

3. Hubert

Hubert May 13, 2017

Bold color choice. Welcome!

4. Matt-the-man

Matt-the-man May 14, 2017

how did you choose that orange colour?

Been lurking here for a while now since buying my connected 45 a few weeks ago - thanks all for your knowledge and advice.

5. jholla07

jholla07 May 14, 2017

I am experiencing the same problem. My watches battery life seems to be draining faster with each wear. Recently, I have had to re-charge it again at mid-day in order to have it last through the early evening. I bought the watch about 3 weeks ago; it has only shown a 100% charge once since I've owned it. I have had some weird experiences too. For example the battery indicator show a 57% charge then, within about 1.5 hours its goes into power save mode and displays a battery of 7% or less.

This is my first Tag Heuer. I had such high hopes.

6. Vazhap

Vazhap May 14, 2017

Does anyone know what is Tag's return policy on the Connected 45 Modular?

7. JK12

JK12 May 14, 2017

Why not check their website? Got mine a bloomindales----they have a 365 day return policy. Great if you're giving as a gift.

8. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 May 15, 2017

I so very nearly pulled the trigger on this cause I loved the orange strap but went for the blue ceramic in the end with an orange strap on order looking great!

9. jucarbon

jucarbon May 15, 2017

Hi how did you get the orange background?

10. Webmonkey

Webmonkey May 16, 2017

Brought my Connected a month ago. My first ever TAG purchase. So far i'm impressed, it's a decent piece of kit. I'm getting on average a day and a half charge so far. As some have pointed out the lack of real instructions meant i had to trawl the internet until i got to this forum to find out how to set the watch up. Have an iPhone so looking forward to the TAG app. Many thanks for everyone on here who's posted info/instructions/tips, much appreciated.

11. humerc

humerc May 16, 2017

Dont expect too much from the Tag App for iPhone...
    I am on Android now (switched because of the better connection with the Tag) and really see nothing spezial in the Tag App.

12. Fear345

Fear345 May 16, 2017

To get the orange background I used the studio app.
    1. I googled a color I wanted as my background and save it to my phone.
    2. Open the studio app and choose your watch face.
    3. Click the cog icon.
    4. Click add photo background and then click change photo.
    5. Choose a photo, which in my case was solid orange.
    6 . Job done :)

Screenshot_20170516-135014.png Screenshot_20170516-135024.png Screenshot_20170516-135029.png Screenshot_20170516-135037.png
    Matt-the-man and Hubert like this.
  13. Robd1438

Robd1438 May 16, 2017

PLEASE can you tell me how you got the accuweather and ambassador watch faces on there????

14. dc42

dc42 May 16, 2017

Download AccuWeather on the watch.

Ambassador faces I think were on google play and downloaded from there.

15. Hubert

Hubert May 16, 2017

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=TAG Heuer

16. Webmonkey

Webmonkey May 16, 2017

Fair enough I won't build up my hopes. Finally mastered how to use Watchmaker, again with help from this forum got some great watch faces downloaded onto the watch.
    Anyone else find that when they turn the watch off occasionally it turns itself back on again after a minute or so?

17. Hubert

Hubert May 16, 2017

Yes, I have experienced this too (noted it previously on this thread).

18. augmented

augmented May 17, 2017

19. Toby P

Toby P May 17, 2017

Hi all, I'm new to posting on this forum but its all very interesting and has helped me a lot - I've had mine for about a month and a half. Have experienced the battery issues, glitches and found the plastic screen guard about 3 weeks after owning it, and it didn't come with a charger - and thought I'd scratched it but hadn't. I had an apple watch prior and frankly was not impressed by the TAG at first ... however ...
    Tag have been good at providing me with a charger fairly swiftly after purchase but I complained about the quality of it because I though it looked horribly cheap (the enclosed invoice said it was worth £6.99 from China). They admitted that this was down to production economies but that the charger was safe and compatible. They in return for my comments sent me a free TAG brolly and notebook for my trouble.
    This is an interesting development. Firstly just confirming I'm linked to an i-phone 7 using the latest IOS. A moment ago I downloaded Android Pay from the Google playstore on my PC to the watch - it installed just fine moments later. I've just been through the set up and bingo! its seemingly working. Tried this a few weeks back with no such luck - anyone else done similar yet i wonder?

Scrub that ... just tried to use it after a lock / unlock and it says no cards registered ...

Edited May 17, 2017
  20. Toby P

Toby P May 17, 2017

Scrub that - aftre a lock and unlock it now says I have no cards registered!