Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 May 5, 2017

What on your phone? I'm not able to scroll left and right, only up and down to choose a face?

2. Hubert

Hubert May 5, 2017

I don't see how. Can you post some pictures?

3. dc42

dc42 May 5, 2017

Here's mine on iPhone.
    IMG_1224.PNG

4. Hubert

Hubert May 5, 2017

The Android apps are completely different now-a-days. We used to see something like this, but not anymore.

The Android Wear app (left) is very rudimentary now. When you click on the image of the watch it launches the TAG Heuer Connected APP (on the right)
    upload_2017-5-5_11-2-55.png

Once there, you can "traverse" through the cards vertically.
    upload_2017-5-5_11-6-30.png

To choose from the available faces, you select one and then it will open a different card that that you can traverse horizontally.
    upload_2017-5-5_11-10-58.png

It tends to be cumbersome. I preferred the original UI flow.

5. Rkick07

Rkick07 May 5, 2017

sorry i meant to say on watch. scroll all the way right and select add new face - select face and that should do it.

PedroHeuer85 likes this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert May 5, 2017

Yes, doing that on the watch will put the watchface to the "recently used / favorites" list.

7. Jcr

Jcr May 6, 2017

Hi how do you turn developer mode off ?

8. dc42

dc42 May 6, 2017

Look back on this thread, the instructions are there by Hubert.

9. Jcr

Jcr May 6, 2017

Thanks new user so excuse question

10. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 May 6, 2017

Yeah mine appears on the watch fine but doesn't show on the Tag Heuer app however it does show on the android wear app

11. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 May 6, 2017

Does the Heuer01 face show in the app screenshotted on the right as this is what I was referring to

12. Hubert

Hubert May 6, 2017

It does not appear on the phone App.

13. Vazhap

Vazhap May 8, 2017

Any idea when the Connected app will launch for IOS? Thanks in advance.

14. Vazhap

Vazhap May 8, 2017

Me too! Thanks.

15. Vazhap

Vazhap May 8, 2017

Where do you find that app? I can't find it on google play on the watch.

16. 2thVet

2thVet May 9, 2017

Wear Battery Stats - download onto your phone from the Play Store first.

17. Vazhap

Vazhap May 9, 2017

Unfortunately, it's not on the IOS app store.

18. Vazhap

Vazhap May 9, 2017

I've had my 45 connected for about a week now. Love the watch and the look, but I have to say that I'm not happy with the whole ownership experience.
    I've been a Tag loyalist for the last 18 years. But this one leaves me feeling a lot was lost in the launch. The documentation was next to not existent, my own unit was shipped in demo mode locked, and without 2 days of intense reviewing of this forum and other reviews, I would have probably returned it. I'm on IOS and that makes it even more frustrating.
    My question to the users here is whether you would recommend moving to a Samsung S8 at this time. I have been a loyal Iphone user, but the new Samsung is quite attractive and I just got my iPhone 10 days ago and can return it. Not sure if I should be making the sacrifice, but feel that the Android platform is more mature to give it a try now. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

19. Hubert

Hubert May 9, 2017

Did you buy the watch directly from TAG Heuer or one of their boutiques?
    The documentation is lacking, but that is why TAG Heuer has produced sevaral YouTube videos (most on this thread).
    If you are exploring jumping to Android, then I'd recommend checking out Google's Pixel phones. While the hardware is not as good as the Galaxy's, those are the ones that offer the "true" Android experience software-wise.

Vazhap likes this.
  20. humerc

humerc May 9, 2017

Hy, I moved (after many years of iPhone - since V1) to Android just to try it with the Tag Heuer. It ist a much better experience now. But you must know for what you use it, if you only use it for notifications - the iPhone is enough, but with Android you also have the whole Google Maps experience (and of course better notifications, too). I actually use a OnePlus 3T, but will move on to a Blackberry KeyOne in the next days. No Regrets for leaving iPhone...