Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. ASW

ASW Apr 25, 2017

A little excessive packaging... very nice but totally unnecessary.

IMG_8643.JPG
    erich77 likes this.
  2. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Apr 25, 2017

Boo! I bought an extra bracelet from a boutique but didn't get the packaging!

3. dbcooper

dbcooper Apr 25, 2017

follow-up to my OP. I put the watch back on my wrist & paired with my Moto Z Force. Battery life has not been an issue for my, but I have enabled ADB / Developer option to achieve 100% charging. Easily make it thru any given day on a single charge - after customizing (leave on charger for customizing and setup of watch, the same way I would with my phone). Looking forward to an update to the current AW 2.0.

4. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Apr 25, 2017

Where did you order the straps from to get the additional packaging? Yes it's a bit excessive but nice to have all the same! The straps for the OG just came in small plastic bags didn't they?

5. PedroHeuer85

Does anyone happen to know if the charging puck from the OG can be used for the M45?

6. ASW

ASW Apr 25, 2017

Direct from Tag online, delivered straight from Switzerland.

7. PedroHeuer85

We're any of them rubber straps or do you only get them boxed on the more expensive straps?

8. ASW

ASW Apr 25, 2017

I received one rubber strap set and one folding clasp, both in fancy boxes, two separate deliveries but same order.

9. Iñaki

Iñaki Apr 25, 2017

No, it can´t be used.

PedroHeuer85 likes this.
  10. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Apr 25, 2017

I don't think so. The magnets don't hold it in place so even assuming the pins are the same, it won't hold the position too well.

PedroHeuer85 likes this.
  11. PedroHeuer85

Cool, hopefully when I get round to ordering my additional strap it will come in one of those boxes

12. B17KiriCon45

B17KiriCon45 Apr 25, 2017

So, about a week in and I'm very pleased. No problem making it through a day on one charge. In fact, anecdotally, the battery life continues to improve. I've downloaded a variety of productivity apps such as a calendar, task manager and launcher, calculator, Web browser (the least useful just based on screen size), to do list, google maps, Outlook, four square, ifft, podcast player and weather. I also found Hole 19, which has all of my local golf courses and yardages! I'm going to try a blutooth headset next to see how that works. I love the look and feel of the piece, it's awesome!

DLS likes this.
  13. PedroHeuer85

PedroHeuer85 Apr 26, 2017

Ok so I'm sorry if this comment is a bit out of place but I've read numerous comments/ complaints both on here and other sites regarding the the user experience for android wear using an iOS device and it gets a little frustrating? At least android wear offers support for other mobile platforms unlike apple! I loved my apple watch when I had an iPhone, really was a great device but I just wasn't keen on the phone so switched back to android which meant I had to lose my watch. That being said I don't understand how limited functionality can be a complaint against the watch as it works amazingly well for it's intended users

Hubert likes this.
  14. DaveC112

DaveC112 Apr 26, 2017

A couple of quick questions / observations.
    1 Following the lead on here I contacted Tag about getting a wall plug for the charger, customer services were great and said they would send one out to me. Not sure where they will come from, but that was about 3 weeks ago. Has anyone else who requested one had there's yet?

2 I cycled my battery for week or so and was getting around 30 hrs from watch on normal use. The problem was 30 hrs would have it running out half way through my working day. I have now gone back to charging overnight every day, the watch now seems to have learnt this new cycle and has gone back to only giving 16 hrs of normal use. Still gets me through a working day so no issues on that front, just seems very strange. Anyone else seen this?

15. weephillie

weephillie Apr 26, 2017

Not quite the same as you ordering your wall plug but I ordered the red rubber strap for my watch (which I assume is coming direct from Switzerland) on the 31st March and still haven't received it yet. When I log in to my account and check my order it only says 'processing'. It would be more helpful if it told me at what stage the order was at ie: in transit...

16. B17KiriCon45

B17KiriCon45 Apr 26, 2017

I have a calfskin band in waiting on via my jeweler, also. Was ordered about a month ago...

17. timeslip

timeslip Apr 27, 2017

I have yet to see this last more than 10hrs. At 10hrs, the battery life is at 10-15%. I turned off "always on", "wifi", and "nfc".

18. DaveC112

DaveC112 Apr 27, 2017

Tx all, I will give it a bit longer before chasing then!

19. ASW

ASW Apr 28, 2017

I'd contact Tag via their site and they should call you. Mine was the same - turned out to be a fault where orders were left pending.

DaveC112 likes this.
  20. weephillie

weephillie Apr 28, 2017

Thanks, I've just sent them an email.