Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. Hubert

Hubert Apr 20, 2017

What steps are you taking to turn off the watch?

Are you doing it this through this procedure?: Settings > System > Power off

In other words, are you sure sure the watch is really OFF?

Or are you just turning the display OFF ("Theater mode") so when you leave it for a prolonged period of time the battery is completely drained.

2. Vlaho24

Vlaho24 Apr 20, 2017

Please can you help me . My watch tag heuer connected modular 45 is in demo mode. Also airplane mode is turn on i can t turn him off. I cant open any app or settings ,also i cant turn him off. How to do factory reset?Thank you

3. gnc1000

gnc1000 Apr 20, 2017

Congratulations on the new watch-- to start the watch from 'off' hold down the power button for a few seconds (if you hold it down for 10+ seconds it will reboot)

You'll see the logos and animations when it starts up.

This is standard for any Android Wear watch, not specific to TAG.

4. Hubert

Hubert Apr 20, 2017

See: https://forums.calibre11.com/thread...onnected-modular-45.54621/page-12#post-676914

5. weephillie

weephillie Apr 20, 2017

Just downloaded the StayLit Wear as I like the idea of that. I'll be interested to see how it affects my battery life.

EMB and 2thVet like this.
  6. Zoeyevangelista

Zoeyevangelista Apr 20, 2017

Yes i ensure the watch really of. The step to turning off thw watch is settings > system > poweroff. When selected the power off, the display pop up appear and give question like are you sure to power off?.

7. vdeknock

vdeknock Apr 21, 2017

New watch so only started to play but Accu Weather is working for me. I only have the iPhone. I am yet to try other weather apps but a few were available.

8. vdeknock

vdeknock Apr 21, 2017

Anyone interested in starting a list of apps that are useful with an iPhone ?
    AccuWeather works an adds a crap watch face but you can use the data to add weather information to other watch faces
    Compass level - won't work for me
    Calculator works
    Runkeeper works on the phone but I can't get it to connect to iPhone, might try changing my account to the gmail on runkeepr to see if it syncs the data. Has anyone tried this?
    Built in weather app worked, google fit all worked.
    Built in contacts and calendar are also working for me, but you can find a contact and get the phone to call the number
    Notifications are working, I get sms, iMessages and others

Would like a map app to work

DLS likes this.
  9. dc42

dc42 Apr 21, 2017

https://forums.calibre11.com/threads/tag-heuer-connected-your-favorite-apps.54812/

10. Adey

Adey Apr 21, 2017

Has anyone used this watch swimming or in the bath or shower? I bought mine a month ago and use it while teaching swimming. Even after getting out of the pool and drying it off the screen is pretty much unusable and/or erratic. It takes maybe 5 minutes to become properly usable again.

Anyone fancy getting the watch really wet and then reporting back? I'm on my second because of this issue and this one does the same.

11. weephillie

weephillie Apr 21, 2017

I was away on holiday 2 weeks ago and went into the pool purely to test the watch. The watch doesn't respond very well at all when the screen or your fingers are wet. Very difficult to scroll or use functions whilst you're in the water. However, once you get out of the pool it reverts back to normal pretty quickly. Hope that helps.

12. gnc1000

gnc1000 Apr 21, 2017

I shower with it every day (shampoo cleans the screen and rubber strap/titanium buckle of oil and dirt nicely) rinse it off and leave it wrapped in a towel to dry.

No issues of any kind-- the touch sensor indeed is not as responsive when wet.

I would suggest a rinse in non pool water, maybe chemicals from the pool water affecting the screen surface?

13. Rkick07

Rkick07 Apr 21, 2017

has anyone tried it in Saltwater yet? would like to take it with me this boating season..

14. Iñaki

Iñaki Apr 21, 2017

With Gmail account, runkeeper works on iphone. I run only with the watch and after sync to iphone

15. B17KiriCon45

B17KiriCon45 Apr 21, 2017

Under moderate usage I hit about 20 hrs today. Always on, tilt off, WiFi auto, NFC off. Google Assistant is a little hit or miss, but generally picks up everything I throw at it. I'm getting accustomed to how custom faces work and have tried a couple different apps. I downloaded WatchMaker Premium, but don't actually like most of the options there. Weareal makes some really nice faces, though there aren't currently very many options. IFFT started working with my Office 365 account, but is a bit intermittent. Generally, it picks up most notifications. After a couple of days I'd say I'm pleased with overall performance and look forward to further optimization of use/utilities.

16. humerc

humerc Apr 22, 2017

I changed from the iPhone 7 to an OnePlus 3T because I wanted to test android in connection with the Tag. It was not really an easy switch after nearly 10 years on iPhone. But the Tag experience on Android is much much better. The integration is nearly as good as the Apple Watch on the iPhone. It looks like I will stay on Android (at least until the next iPhone comes out and is really great...). I can only recommend every iPhone user to test out Android with the Tag.

My Battery life is now as good as on the Connected 1 (in the last week or so I never run out of battery from around 6 am to 12 PM every day).
    (NFC off, everything else on)

17. Hubert

Hubert Apr 22, 2017

Here's a video showing how to create your own custom watch faces using TAG Heuer Studio. Did you know you can add a picture background?

Iñaki likes this.
  18. Hubert

Hubert Apr 22, 2017

Video showing how to use the deployment mechanism:

Iñaki likes this.
  19. dc42

dc42 Apr 22, 2017

Still waiting for that app on iPhone

20. Iñaki

Iñaki Apr 22, 2017

Waiting iOS app to add pictures to watchface