Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Mar 31, 2017

2. Powlos76

Powlos76 Mar 31, 2017

3. dc42

dc42 Mar 31, 2017

Look on the gooogle store on a device or pc etc. Log into same google account as on the watch and download from there.

4. dc42

dc42 Mar 31, 2017

How is it different elsewhere? Any tech gets outdated. Sell it on and upgrade.

5. Hubert

Hubert Mar 31, 2017

6. dtf

dtf Mar 31, 2017

So if you just use it as a watch, it almost lasts two days?

7. dc42

dc42 Mar 31, 2017

No. Mine is 19hrs. Basically used as a watch with notifications.

8. abeverat

abeverat Mar 31, 2017

Hello

When paired with an iPhone you can only install apps (from the watch) which can work "autonomy"

You can always install apps from the App Store on the web, but they won't work as well. For example google maps shows you your position but you can't navigate

Iñaki likes this.
  9. JcMarin

JcMarin Mar 31, 2017

Here is my experience so far (found your forum yesterday but could not post until today)

I bought the Titanium - Black Dial - Black rubber in Mayors here in Miami, but had to return my first watch as the side button did not work

Second watch is fine but have had all kinds of experience with the battery:

* When I first got it we connected it at the store just to make sure everything was working OK, so the battery just charged for a little bit )probably no the best first charge in retrospect) anyways I also skipped several setup steps just to test it and ended up restarting (un-paring) the watch since it was not receiving notifications .

After that charged it overnight and the battery lasted for about 10 hours with medium usage (I did have a third party face on it, Pujie Black), when checking statistics the process "Android System or Kernel" was accounting for 45% of battery drain.

I was of course not satisfied with the battery life and found the forum talking about this, at the same time I received the update and installed it right away to test, but after update battery got even worst (it only lasted for like 8 hours) with no apparent usage but screen 1%
    screen 1.jpg

So I let the watch run down to 0, did a total reset from the Android reset Menu and let it charge for the night

I have not installed any apps and left it with the simple 3 hand dial and have been using it for 2 days straight now without charging (all antenas On and light use of the watch, just to check notifications from calendar and a couple of apps like life360.

I did turn airplane and theater mode last night before going to sleep, and turned everything on this morning again, but now I know the battery will last under this scenario for about 2 days straight without charging (about 36 hours to be more precise)

Screen 2.jpg

I will let it run down to cero again tonight and charge overnight and will play with a couple of apps install my watch face with Pujie to see what effect that has on the battery

Btw. watch only charged to 97% as others have pointed out.

10. gnc1000

gnc1000 Mar 31, 2017

Day in NYC (in the pouring rain!) I did a charge (up to the similar 97%) on the train...And decided to switch ADB on...Lots of notifications, maps walking between meetings...

Battery is quite satisfactory!

I tried to get to the Tag Heuer store on 5th Ave to look at the leather band, but ran out of time... Screenshot_20170331-171705.png

11. abeverat

abeverat Mar 31, 2017

And before switching ADB ? Can you compare on similar situations ?

12. gnc1000

gnc1000 Mar 31, 2017

I've intentionally waited a day to switch on developer mode and ADB to see the difference -- yesterday was about 15 hours, still good, but not as good as today. ... so ADB is a thing to do apparently.

13. Hubert

Hubert Mar 31, 2017

The TAG Heuer store on 5th Ave has closed. The closest one would be in NJ.

14. gnc1000

gnc1000 Mar 31, 2017

Good thing I didn't go ;)

15. Hubert

Hubert Mar 31, 2017

Yes, that would have been pretty frustrating.

I haven't done it on mine yet. Still trying to run on "stock" settings during the multiple calibration rounds.

16. Hubert

Hubert Mar 31, 2017

When comparing to the original Connected, I am leaning towards turning OFF the "OK Google" function. That has to be consuming battery and processor constantly, while attempting to do voice recognition.

17. gnc1000

gnc1000 Mar 31, 2017

I would agree -- I think it is off by default (the long button press in AW 2.0 compared to 1.0 is a faster UI experience overall as well...

18. Hubert

Hubert Mar 31, 2017

Yes, it is disabled by default. The long press on the "crown" button is a much more reliable solution anyways and spares the constant need to speak "Ok Google" to trigger the command once it's pressed.

gnc1000 likes this.
  19. dtf

dtf Apr 1, 2017

Saying 'OK Google' and having your watch do stuff is very cool thou, feels very futuristic :)

20. humerc

humerc Apr 1, 2017

First real water-contact today: no problems so far, touch also works good in wet conditions.