Ownership Experiences- 2017 TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45

1. connected

connected Mar 24, 2017

Beleive it's NXGxxx can't remember the rest

2. pauls

pauls Mar 24, 2017

Ah, mine's NXG12F. Is that the 'dodgy' one?

3. connected

connected Mar 24, 2017

Nxg46p

4. humerc

humerc Mar 24, 2017

I am also on NXG12F and the battery lasts 10 hours...

5. pauls

pauls Mar 24, 2017

Hmmm....mine's now down to 70% after 5hrs but apart from the odd look and fiddle now and again is pretty much idle, wifi not connected and screen off.

6. dc42

dc42 Mar 24, 2017

Agreed. Also purchased last Tuesday. The watch updated immediately and provided the Heuer01 skeleton watch. The battery was utter pants though and was replaced. The next day the update wasn't available.

My new one is also in developer mode with ADB debug on. However, this has not improved the battery life of this watch one little bit. Fingers crossed on the impending update.

7. dc42

dc42 Mar 24, 2017

Also on that one

8. gnc1000

gnc1000 Mar 24, 2017

I just contacted Tag support myself -- and got this reply:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The battery life of the Connected Modular 45 is stated as 25 hours in laboratory conditions. This battery life can vary widely depending on use and we have seen increased battery usage upon first receipt of the timepiece. We are also pushing an update within the next couple of weeks which should improve functionality. Could we ask you to test the watch for a little longer?

In the meantime, use of WiFi and other features will drain battery faster then normal. You can decrease screen brightness, turn off the Always-on feature and change adjust a number of other features in the Settings menu to increase battery life."

jhcw likes this.
  9. dc42

dc42 Mar 24, 2017

Genius. Turn off all the smart features and the watch is spot on. Another excuse like that and they should all be returned.

10. gnc1000

gnc1000 Mar 24, 2017

Yes, was not too pleased, but pulled out the nugget that they're trying to fix it (confirming the update)

I replied back:

"Honestly, I feel that a product at a premium price like this should perform as well or better than something 1/4 of the cost -- I don't have to turn off WiFi, always on, brightness etc. with the Nixon Mission.

I hope this is a simple software problem, and the coming update will address this-- otherwise I feel like my watch is defective, and it needs repair or replacement."

I'm sure they will fix this, but for the premium price I think one gets to complain :cool:

I think we're dealing with the 40% of the device that is not "Swiss Made" ... the fit and finish of the case, strap, screen and overall build quality is stellar ... I think Tag held up their end of the bargain, but it's those Intel/Android wear folks who are causing the problem, and I'm sure there is some consternation (Imagining Jean Claude Biver looking maniacal wielding his cheese knife at the Intel sub-office in La Chaux-de-Fonds)

I do honestly think that Tag wants this to be superior to any other watch on the market and they'll get it right.

dc42 likes this.
  11. connected

connected Mar 24, 2017

Just received a conference call from the team at intel and google. I am surprised to receive calls from the heads of development. They are truly taking this seriously by choosing to go around the regular support channels. What I can say, is that am very happy with the service The release is being pushed this evening(Friday). He's actually going to text me the minute the update is pushed. Can't get better than being able to speak with the people who actually engineered it. The genetlman leading the development for the watch will be calling me for additional feedback this Monday and to make sure all is well. I was also informed that there is no risk of burn In of the amoled display while in ambient mode . A French woman who sounded like one of the lead engineers told me that the image shifts 6 pixels every 10 seconds in ambient mode to prevent burn in. Hope this puts peopels minds at ease. My watch is running amazingly well with workaround but the new patch will speed things up overall along with restoring proper battery consumption.

dc42, pault8084 and pauls like this.
  12. jezwick

jezwick Mar 24, 2017

many thanks for posting this, its great news.. For the interim ADB debugging is on

connected likes this.
  13. connected

connected Mar 24, 2017

See updates reply above

14. Hubert

Hubert Mar 24, 2017

Mine is running build NXG12F. Below are my latest battery statics from this morning, under its second calibration round using "default settings". Basically, if the watch is not downloading or running specialized apps, (in other words just showing the factory watchfaces with lots of "idle" time), then the battery consumption remains pretty consistent (see graph below), this translates into lasting a bit more than 2 1/3 days.
    upload_2017-3-24_12-30-47.png
    However, if I am traversing through the user interface, while downloading & installing apps through Bluetooth, then then battery consumption spikes to about a percentage around a minute.

15. pauls

pauls Mar 24, 2017

If you could drop a message on here when the update is avaialbe, that'd be lovely! Thanks thus far!

16. Alpha989c

Alpha989c Mar 24, 2017

Awesome thanks for that update my mind is at ease

17. ASW

ASW Mar 24, 2017

Hi all,

Few things I hope you'll be able to assist with. Running IOS and latest Android Wear app.

When opening the GooglePlay app on the watch it only gives me a cut down version of what's availble - a friend has one too and comparing like for like he had all the apps listed. For example Google Maps was absent and not listed when searched. The only way I could get the 'Key' apps such as maps, Android Pay, Google Fit etc was to log onto Google Plays website, sign in and cloud install the apps which then appeared momentarily later on the watch. Is this normal? I thought the whole point of Android Wear 2.0 was that it's independent of a phone connection and iOS/ Android OS potential compatibility issues.

Secondly, Google Maps refuses to work on the watch resulting every time in "Navigation Not Availble". I've tried all permissions as far as I can tell and tested it in different locations in case it was having GPS connection issues. also tried it phone connected and not. Any ideas?

Strangely against all the above other comments my battery has been great - 9 hours on constant checking, WiFi and (attempted) app usage and it's still at 39%.

18. pauls

pauls Mar 24, 2017

Is your screen set to 'always on'?

19. ASW

ASW Mar 24, 2017

Yes, always on.

20. dc42

dc42 Mar 24, 2017

Other people have same issue with maps. Looks like a software error.

Google fit is pre installed. It should be in your menu.