Forums Latest Auctions Members
  1. abrod520

abrod520 Sep 16, 2021

I had to fly cross country (6hr flight) three times in the middle of it last year, months before vaccines. Also went through with a planned trip to Texas (covid hotspot) this summer. I made it through - gave me a lot of perspective. Which mainly is that if you're smart enough about wearing a mask it seems manageable

thingziliketoo likes this.
  2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Sep 16, 2021

Yes but you are a tough badass mothaf***a! I am a weakminded little man.

3. imagwai

imagwai Sep 16, 2021

Covid doesn't seem to differentiate.

dtf likes this.
  4. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Sep 16, 2021

Yeah but Adam went to a covid hotspot in Texas for holiday to relax!! I go to the grocery store and almost faint from being almost close to people

thingziliketoo likes this.
  5. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Sep 16, 2021

This tells you a lot if you care to read between the lines and then dig out the real facts and not what the media and governments keep ramming down our throats on a daily basis!

thingziliketoo and Anthony.R like this.
  6. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Sep 16, 2021

100%. Imagine living in a State that has been locked down for 227 days so far with no end in sight and no plan from government.
    Welcome to Melbourne, Australia.

dtf, thingziliketoo and Jim Dollares like this.
  7. abrod520

abrod520 Sep 17, 2021

I was pretty damn scared the first time! I had no choice, I needed to fly back to New York because my family needed me. Fear only went away after I didn't get sick and realized I made it lol

We booked the trip early in the summer, before delta variant numbers started cause for concern. We decided to go through with it cause I hadn't seen my best friend in nearly 2 years though

Well, that's what they're telling us - get vaccinated, wear a mask and minimize unnecessary risks ;) You won't find me on another plane or at any crowded indoor events anytime soon!

8. imagwai

imagwai Sep 17, 2021

From someone who has been exceptionally careful through the whole pandemic, and someone who has actually had covid...

Wearing masks, distancing, etc. certainly helps minimise your risk of catching it, but it's certainly no guarantee. I managed to avoid it for nearly a year and a half, but you will likely catch it eventually.

Even after being vaccinated, catching covid is not something you would welcome. Granted, I now feel more relaxed having done so, but it has taken it's toll. After 2 months, I still haven't got my sense of smell back, and doing anything physical leaves me feeling incredibly fatigued and achy. It's a strange virus and not one you should take undue risks with. Definitely get vaccinated if you can - I dread to think how I would have fared if I hadn't been double-jabbed before catching it.

DATee, dtf and thingziliketoo like this.
  9. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Sep 17, 2021

I'd rather put rusty nails in my eyes, but that is a whole other discussion and not one for a watch forum.

HoltzPlatz and thingziliketoo like this.
  10. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Sep 17, 2021

Yes, lets get back to discussing Omegas.

@abrod520 your opinion about the NO TIME TO DIE SEAMASTER 300m's crystal seems to be quite rare. Many owners reporting that they love the watch. Are you too nitpicky or other owners wrong in the head?

11. abrod520

abrod520 Sep 17, 2021

Maybe both. I prefer watches I can quickly glance at for the time, and I especially don't like ones I can't appreciate when I look at it. Couldn't do either with the NTTD without searching around for better lighting; I've had $500 Seikos I couldn't see, and I expect better from Omega especially at a $9,000 price point.

As for others, maybe they don't care about that as much?

12. Jim Dollares

Could be, I chatted with someone on instagram about the Baltic Aquascaphe and he told me one of the favorite features of that watch for him was that it reflects a lot, it makes the watch feel alive or something like that... Ah well, lets just hope next time I go to the big city the AD still has it in stock so I can try it on. Right now it is stuck in me brain

13. abrod520

abrod520 Sep 17, 2021

This is what happened to me with the standard 300M after the NTTD. It was my first experience with the Seamaster 300M and while I didn't like the dull colors of the Bond watch, I couldn't shake the want for one. When the Nekton came out I tried that but didn't like the shiny bezel, so eventually gave in and went for the black one. So happy I did :D

You may as well just grab the NTTD, seems like resale values are decent enough that you wouldn't lose a whole lot of $$$$ if you had to turn it around. Mine was early enough I was able to trade it for my JLC Geophysic with a bit of cash on top

Jim Dollares likes this.
  14. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Sep 17, 2021

When I looked at the NTTD Seamaster, I didn't notice the glare at all. But that was well over a year ago when the watch was first released. Later, when I saw Adam's complaints about it I was quite surprised. I haven't looked at the NTTD since, but when trying on the new Seamaster 300 I did notice that it did have some glare. Perhaps it has a similar crystal.

I think the NTTD watch is very cool, but too expensive IMO. I'd probably pick the Seamaster 300 (bottom pic) as my current favorite Seamaster. However, when I compare that watch to the BB58, the Tudor is the winner for me. I prefer the looks of the BB58 and it's a lot of watch for the money value wise at $3700 vs. $6500 (USD) for the Omega.
    20200221_201246.jpg 20200221_201552.jpg 20210523_182106c.jpg

15. Jim Dollares

Yes those are very very nice too. I prefer the black one. But I also wonder why Omega makes those in such big cases, a vintage looking nerd watch should be more reasonably sized no?

My heart gets happy seeing photos of the NO TIME TO DIE MOTHERF***AAAH edition. But like you say, too expensive. Grey market on nato, around 7500 Euro ::facepalm2::

Mspeedster likes this.
  16. Hubert

Hubert Sep 18, 2021

The NTTD is on my list, but also the new blue Seamaster 300. I tried the blue last week at the Omega Boutique; very nice.

Mspeedster likes this.
  17. stevec14

stevec14 Sep 19, 2021

I tried the blue 300 yesterday. It’s lovely. They only had it on the strap, but it was really very nice.

Hubert and Mspeedster like this.
  18. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Sep 19, 2021

I don't like the beige color strap, it's too light for my taste. (Might be to @Jim Dollares's liking, mustard yellow?)
    20210523_194337.jpg

The sandwich dial and shade of blue used is what draws me to the dial.
    20210919_092723.jpg

Jim Dollares and stevec14 like this.
  19. stevec14

stevec14 Sep 19, 2021

I actually didn’t mind the strap as it matched the lume. That said, I’d never buy a dive watch on leather. The new bracelet looks great.

it’s definitely on the possible list.

Mspeedster likes this.
  20. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Sep 19, 2021

This with white lume would give the BB58 some nice competition.

Mspeedster likes this.