Forums Latest Auctions Members
  1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 23, 2021

But at least TAG could be said to have many varied models even if many of them are called Carrera.... as you say Black Bays are all very similar, which makes sense, but in fact that just makes it worse. Again the AP comparison. Royal Oak, Royal Oak Offshore, Royal Oak Concept, it's a one watch company and nobody cares about anything else. Now granted, that's not Tudor's 'fault' exactly if the watch community don't care about their other models but they are getting dangerously close to painting themselves into a corner it seems. When they run out variations on the theme, then what?

2. imagwai

imagwai Jun 23, 2021

I don't think they're anywhere close to running out of variations.

3. stevec14

stevec14 Jun 24, 2021

A 58 gmt with the new glide lock would be a purchase for sure

4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 24, 2021

Oh man, that would be very hard to resist!

5. Tag_ZA

Tag_ZA Jun 26, 2021

6. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 26, 2021

Perfect, found a video of Rob's favourite Tudor

Mspeedster and imagwai like this.
  7. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 26, 2021

The Tudor BB58 bronze is still top of mind for me at the moment. While I prefer the stainless steel in black or blue, the bronze would be a cool addition. I like it more than the 925 Silver.
    Screenshot_20210626-104739_Instagram.jpg

imagwai and Jim Dollares like this.
  8. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 26, 2021

Its the rush and excitement of 'new cool stuff'. Sit tight in the boat for a while to see if it still gets you hard in a couple of weeks/months. If yes, buy it.

Oh, and also remember not to fall too hard for the photos and press releases. Remember it will quickly change so do some serious 'bronze watch patina' googling to get a good feeling of what the watch actually looks like when you own it.

thingziliketoo likes this.
  9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 26, 2021

What is it with Tudor and date windows? My wife was looking at a Tudor Clair de Rose a few years ago, but then we noticed the date window was in the middle of the dial...
    [​IMG]

10. dtf

dtf Jun 26, 2021

They also have Pelagos, 1926, and a couple of other lines...

So to summarise, there are half as many different models of Black Bay as aquaracer, but there are too many black bays, but it's OK for tag because they also make other lines of watches, like tudor do?

11. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 26, 2021

Yes.
    The point is every time Tudor release a watch it's a Black Bay, when TAG release a watch it could be a Carrera or a Monaco or Formula 1 or an Aquaracer... or an Autavia.

thingziliketoo likes this.
  12. dtf

dtf Jun 27, 2021

Maybe they're trying to catch up with all the AR varients? Or they know what is selling for them right now and want to keep that bubble growing.

I loved the OG Black Bay Bronze, the photos looked great and I liked the idea of a watch that would develop patina, then I tried it on and hated the colour of the bronze, so this new release does nothing for me.

13. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 27, 2021

I'm just enjoying pictures of the BB58 bronze for now, no real intention of getting one. Might change my mind one way or another if I saw one in person. But as far as I can tell, there are no Tudor Boutiques in the US that carry it yet. According to the Tudor website: https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/tudor-boutiques-selection

dtf likes this.
  14. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 27, 2021

Well yes, they know what's selling and it's clearly the Black Bay. It's a chicken and egg deal though isn't it?

15. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 28, 2021

Anthony.R likes this.
  16. imagwai

imagwai Jun 29, 2021

DATee likes this.
  17. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 29, 2021

Aside from the price and materials, it looks like most Breitling Navitimers and they aren't the scourge of modern society. I'm not sure I follow..... :confused:

18. imagwai

imagwai Jun 29, 2021

But surely the Navitimer was designed like it was for a purpose? Even then, it is an attractive watch. The RM has been designed to be as flash, showy, gaudy and noticeable as possible. For those who want to visibly display their wealth in the most open way possible. It's the polar opposite of understated class and clean design. I was, however, being a bit overly dramatic with my comment. :)

dtf likes this.
  19. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 29, 2021

[​IMG]
    Makes the Pilot look rather reserved...

thingziliketoo and dtf like this.
  20. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 29, 2021

One supposes it was and it is probably fair to say the RM was designed with a purpose.....

On this point, we will need to agree to disagree :).

Aside from its mechanical functionality, whatever that may be, you could well be quite correct about its purpose.

It amazes me that such dross comes from the same maison as this, what I consider to be, gorgeous watch:

[​IMG]

imagwai likes this.