Forums Latest Auctions Members
  1. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 23, 2021

Yes sure but is everyone aware of it? If I wasn't such a nerd and would just see that photo I would think "wow thats cool and it looks like gold but costs way less cause it's bronze". But maybe I am just retarded again and it is common knowledge among non watch enthusiasts that bronze turns into "charming patina".

2. stevec14

stevec14 Jun 23, 2021

I don’t mind the colour scheme. What I do mind is my watch looking like an old door knob after a couple of months.

some like it, some don’t. I’m in the latter camp.

what is good is that they’ve added a sort of glide lock solving the on the go adjustment issues that many have with tudor bracelets.

I tried the ceramic on at the weekend. Equally not for me. Omega does it much better IMO but it’s not bad value at the price point.

3. imagwai

imagwai Jun 23, 2021

Watch enthusiasts know about bronze, yes, but your average customer probably won't. Hopefully they will explain at the boutiques.

As for the glidelock bracelet, that is a must purchase if they release it in stainless steel!

thingziliketoo likes this.
  4. stevec14

stevec14 Jun 23, 2021

Yep - agreed.

with the glide lock bracelet and the nato chucked in despite the fact I don’t like the fact it’s bronze, it’s not bad value.

5. Jim Dollares

Yes Tudor do great things and super value for money

6. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 23, 2021

7. imagwai

imagwai Jun 23, 2021

I don't really understand the complaints. Surely if you like the Black Bay, then it's good that there are lots of combinations available in different sizes, metals and colours? More likely that you'll find the perfect one for you. If you don't like it, then why feel the need to talk about it so much? It's just what Tudor wants, after all. :)

dtf likes this.
  8. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 23, 2021

Well, why should AP get all the grief?

9. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 23, 2021

[​IMG]
    I like it a lot. Always admired the Black Bay Bronze, but 43mm is too big. This 39mm Black Bay 58 version is very cool for anyone who loves the BB58 and wants a bronze watch. The bronze bracelet looks awesome and the new glide lock clasp is the icing on the cake. I've seen pics of older Black Bay Bronze watches with patina and I like the look. It's an aluminum bronze, so it shouldn't turn into a full matte brown like old bronze door knobs do.

But I won't be getting one, one BB58 is enough for me.

dtf, thingziliketoo and imagwai like this.
  10. imagwai

imagwai Jun 23, 2021

Did you know there are 61 different Aquaracer models?

If you ignore the different strap combinations, then there are only 27 different Black Bay watch heads made by Tudor. And that includes the Chrono and non-dive bezel models in all the different sizes.

Black Bay 58 - 5
    Black Bay 41 Diver - 4
    Black Bay Chrono - 3
    Black Bay 32 - 5
    Black Bay 36 - 5
    Black Bay 41 - 5

dtf and McBeardy like this.
  11. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 23, 2021

Yes, but TAG also have multiple types of Carrera, the Monaco and the Autavia. Not to mention the Formula 1... what do Tudor have?
    I looked at their website earlier and apparently they have a watch called the '126' or something, see... I can't even remember what it was!

12. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 23, 2021

Aquaracer isn't even TAG's biggest model range...

13. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 23, 2021

Would you purchase a new bracelet just to get the glide lock clasp? If they come out with a SS version, it would be nice if one could simply buy the clasp, but I doubt they'll make it available separately.

14. imagwai

imagwai Jun 23, 2021

Probably. The existing bracelet fits me OK, but the glidelock would be bettet I think.

15. imagwai

imagwai Jun 23, 2021

I only chose that as it's a dive watch similar to the Black Bay divers.

16. imagwai

imagwai Jun 23, 2021

You missed my points, though...?

1. The Black Bay range is really 3 separate lines of watches, just with a similar design language (a diver, a chrono and an Explorer type watch). Let's not forget the Pelagos. There's also the Royal, the Heritage Chrono, and various other classic style watches that aren't very interesting.

2. A lot of people (on social media and other forums mostly) complain about "endless variations" of the Black Bay, but my point was there's not really that many.

17. Jim Dollares

18. Jim Dollares

The 1926, its a good looking watch with great value for money.

19. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 23, 2021

So they are guilty of calling everything a Black Bay, just as TAG are guilty of calling everything a Carrera... and yet, TAG have at least 3 other model ranges that are in the public consciousness. The Pelagos is a great watch but totally under the radar, why don't they promote it? What is there like 3 models? Black, blue, LHD.

But it seems like it because nobody gives two figs about their other stuff. Hence the comparison to AP.

20. imagwai

imagwai Jun 23, 2021

To be fair, though, they don't put the words "Black Bay" anywhere on the watch. I don't really think it's the same. Black Bay is a series, it's a style or design language common to a number of different models.

I also get the feeling that Tudor is slowly evolving it's line-up and what we're seeing isn't the finished article. The Black Bay design language is very distinctive and recognisable. They haven't really found their way with the rest of their line-up yet I think. At least not with the watch enthusiast community who have clearly embraced the Black Bay series.