Thread for non-TAG Heuer related watch discussions
EXCALIBUR - RDDBEX0508
£ 57900 !!! ... why ???
Would you pay that price ?
Why is it £57,000 or why is it on your wrist?
Moved posts to the "Other watches Thread"
Micro rotor. But mostly because the watch maker needs to cut lots of the cases for the skeletonized contruction.
Doesn't really close to more than 50.000 though.
In the end all watch company needs profit.
I might pay 10.000USD or a bit more for Maurice Lacroix Gravity (picture attached). But then Bamford Monaco Carbon came out so i need to save my money from now on.
Would i pay 50.000 over for RD ? Maybe, if money no more relevance in my life.
Hand made and low volume manufacturing likely account for the pricing.
I always wondered why there wasn't one of these... now we can talk about that disgusting new Speedmaster Hodinkee thing.
Tudor black bay chrono looked nice... But didn't like the needles. Chrono movement is smooth though
No need really. Seems like 80% of population doesn't really like it. The rest 20% are very ambitious flippers.
From what i know, if you buying the current tudor chrono it's mean you get the breitling movement. I tried it before, it was not bad. Would have consider getting one if i have extra budget.
I went to the Roger Dubuis boutique in Kowloon a few years ago. One or two of them weren't bad but they weren't really my cup of tea (aside from the non-affordability, of course).
The lady in the boutique was lovely though. Very welcoming and really wanted to talk about the brand - that was quite refreshing compared to some places.
There's a Roger Dubious boutique in Harrods in London. The lady there was also very nice, even though I'm sure she could tell I couldn't really afford the Lamborghini Aventador watch I was peering at in the display cabinet...
I appreciate (and collect) lots of other brands.
With the exception of the Tag branded Monaco, these are my others.
The two Gucci 9000m were my first proper watches back in 1988. The slate grey came first but got lost 3 months after purchase when rotavating a new build lawn / garden. Insurance replaced it then it turned up about a year later when cutting the grass. No damage other than a pin missing & cleaned up a treat in the sink with soap & a soft brush.
I inherited the two old Omegas from my father & grandfather. My first Auto Chronometer was the Omega Seamaster 300m.
Next on my wish list is the new Breitling Avenger Blackbird Titanium 48.
Nice collection; thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing.
What do you think of Maurice Lacroix ? You have one i see.
I love it. A Pontos Chronograph. It was a present from my wife for my 40th
I have a Pontos S chronograph. It uses the tried and tested Valjoux 7753 (3-6-9 layout). The design and dial finishing are great though:
Separate names with a comma.