1. Kilso

Kilso Feb 3, 2019

hi

This is one of my first posts so go easy please
    I am looking to purchase a vintage heuer

I know condition etc is a big thing, but what would be the consensus of where best to put my £?

A very nice camaro 7743
    A very nice Carrera 110.573 f
    And a lovely black Heuer Ref 12

Obviously the first two are more expensive, but which do you think going forward will be the best to put £ into?

2. MRC

MRC Feb 4, 2019

The consensus is normally "Buy what you like most." Values may go down as well as up. However of your three choices Camaros seem to be heating up at the moment and if you can find one still at a decent price that would be good. Of the other two I would go for "a lovely" Ref 12, they are very uncommon and you imply the condition is extra good. Movement is well understood and the only snag is that if it gets worn frequently the PVD tends to wear through.

3. Gambba

Gambba Feb 6, 2019

Sound advice from MRC above.

Ref 12 or 13-1 are certainly great watches, and still less sought after than the other models of the period. Have you looked at a Pasadena or Montreal as these are slightly cheaper than the Camaro’s for sure. Heuer Lemania also in a similar range.

Take a look at the 844 divers as well as they are on the cheaper end of things.

Ultimately buy only the watch that really appeals to you as then you can never be disappointed regardless of what it’s value does.

4. TonyStark

TonyStark Feb 7, 2019

Great advice. Far too much made of the investment angle around vintage watches. There are many better ways for most people to make a financial return

Buy what you love and Can afford