Forums Latest Auctions Members

New TAG Heuer Autavia- live from Baselworld

1. michelberg

michelberg Mar 25, 2017

Does anyone know a price for this beautiful watch?

Want also one

2. Hubert

Hubert Mar 25, 2017

Most reviews show the prices at the end. This will vary depending on your geographic region.

3. Hubert

Hubert Mar 26, 2017

4. Hubert

Hubert Mar 27, 2017

Apparently it was!

5. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Mar 27, 2017

Congrats on making the ONLY video that talks about other models and not just the ******* Autavia!

6. archer911carrera

archer911carrera Mar 28, 2017

Ordered mine yesterday. The said it would be here in April. Just joined this forum to find out everyone else's experiences.
    And yes, the TAG Heuer web site says availability in March. Time will tell.....

7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Mar 28, 2017

No disrespect meant, but all I'm seeing from Baselworld is '60th Anniversary' this and 'Heritage' that.... did anyone actually announce any watches that weren't designed in the last century?

Mind you, TAG did announce new stuff but the media only seems to want to talk about the Autavia so maybe it's the same with the other brand too?

8. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Mar 28, 2017

Plenty of heuer 01 and Aquaracer that wasnt designed in last century, i think.

No out of this world piece like V4 or mikrogirder or mikrotimer etc though. Biver are not into that kind of pieces.

9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Mar 29, 2017

True, but the media seems only to be focusing on 'Heritage', it must be very 'in' this year for some reason. Considering there's 1300 exhibitors at Baselworld, common sense dictates there must be thousands of modern watches displayed, but the media wants us all to buy Heritage now...::puke::

10. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Mar 29, 2017

Well i am sure every year is different but look at Patek. They launched a new super invention but it super ugly (in my opinion, and some people)sometimes they launched vintage and it strike gold or sometimes they not launching vintage but also strike gold.
    I am glad tag heuer still have autavia to be in the basel 2017. I can't imagine what kind of basel 2017 i would be otherwise for TH.
    Bell&Ross try to be "colorful" as well and failed miserably. Yeah i guess vintage or heritage is the "in" thing right now...others just have to wait...

11. abrod520

abrod520 Mar 29, 2017

Considering vintage Autavias are beginning to sell in the $100k range (for the very earliest / best examples, but still) and TAG is returning a version to market, it's not a big wonder it's big news at Basel. Come now, TAG has one of the most talked-about watches of the year and you're mad?

Look at it this way, they introduced one Autavia, and how many variants of the Heuer-01 this year? They're still making watches you'll like. Chill out

12. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Mar 29, 2017

I'm not mad, and yes I get that the return of the Autavia is 'news', but what is slightly annoying is that I sat through seven or eight vlogs from A Blog to Watch and most of what I saw was 'old fashioned' watches... indeed it strikes me that the only reason TAG are getting any coverage at all is because they made something which is actually very 'fashionable' just now.

13. abrod520

abrod520 Mar 29, 2017

Well yes, again there's a ton of interest in these old watches all around and each sale of an early 2446 Autavia brings a new record, which hits the news cycle pretty hard. The market wanted an Autavia reissue, and TAG gave it to them - the demand was such that now it's the top story. As far as other brands, well we see the same thing; the collector community in general (not everyone) is paying a lot of attention to vintage watches right now. There's a lot of money rotating from new watches to vintage, because in most cases a vintage model has the advantage of costing less than the new equivalent, even though they tend to look better and are appreciating assets. There's also a trend back towards classic sizing, with the heyday of the 45mm "power" watch more or less over, with many collectors rediscovering watches in the 36-41mm range.

I'm sorry that the newsmakers don't appeal to you - really, not being sarcastic. But haven't you had enough Basels with enough contemporarily-designed 45mm watches that you can allow those of us who appreciate classic, restrained designs just one? Besides, and I say again, just how many Heuer-01 variants did TAG drop this year (on top of its huge introduction last year) compared to how many vintage-style pieces? I doubt you'll be left wanting for choice, even if the headliners are different this year :)

14. Hubert

Hubert Mar 30, 2017

15. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 30, 2017

Original Heuer Autavia with the new 2017 model by @nicholasbiebuyck IMG_2065.JPG

AussieAlex likes this.
  16. Hubert

Hubert Mar 30, 2017

Just goes out to show how the original was all about maximizing the dial. It's a shame the new one didn't take this same route.

imagwai likes this.
  17. calibre11user

calibre11user Mar 30, 2017

Significant article from the New York Times here in the USA:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/...heuer-turns-back-time-at-baselworld-fair.html

Fans of the brand will most likely be pleased to see the meticulous period detailing on this new 55th anniversary model — most notably the so-called reverse panda dial featuring three white subdials on a black dial, a coveted retro design feature often found on vintage Rolex Daytonas that fetch $40,000 or more.

18. Hubert

Hubert Mar 30, 2017

Love the last line!
    "So, no, the new Autavia is not the latest smartwatch. It is merely a very smart watch."

19. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Mar 30, 2017

Fair enough, and to be fair I suppose of the TAGs released this year the Autavia was the most interesting. I keep hearing about the sizes going smaller but I don't really buy it myself. Okay, maybe the 45mm may become a little rarer, but I wouldn't wear anything smaller than a 40mm, personally, and I think I have a pretty average wrist. But then is that all part of the vintage thing. I doubt a 45mm Autavia would look terribly clever, just a 38mm Heuer01 would look completely wrong as well. By their nature vintage watches will tend towards the smaller sizes, but I don't think we need to bring all the watches down in size to match.

20. imagwai

imagwai Mar 30, 2017

Completely agree