1. AC Koch

AC Koch Aug 20, 2019

Good evening Forum

I have been a Tag fan for most of my adult life , with a few Tag’s in my watch box.

The Monaco has always been on my wish list , but never bought one .

I can get a good condition CS2111 within my budget.

Is there any reason not to purchase it ?

It’s a 2000 model , but age is just a number

Would have liked the back to show the movement , but these have solid back plates.

Any feedback / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

AC

Albert-AMG likes this.
  2. imagwai

imagwai Aug 20, 2019

Can't think of any reason not to - I've certainly been tempted. These were the earliest re-editions and the CS2111 is Heuer branded I think which makes it slightly more appealing. The size is also a bit more wearable I think. The only question is, do you like the black dial with silver look as opposed to the blue McQueen style or more exotic Gulf designs.

David has done a very good article on the Tag Heuer Monaco (re-editions onwards) here: https://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-monaco-re-edition/

I wouldn't worry about being able to see the movement. Unless it's something special, then it's just a novelty really, and you don't see it when it's on your wrist anyway (most of the time).

If purchasing any watch that's a few years old, though, do factor in the cost of a service if it hasn't had one recently.

3. AC Koch

AC Koch Aug 20, 2019

Thank you for the response ..

Black dial is perfect for now - I like the look .
    The Heuer branding makes it unique - I like being different.

Thank you for the link - I will do some reading.

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 20, 2019

I like the CS2111...but I love the CS2110, the first of the re-editions. I'm not sure whether there is much of a price difference, and apart from the dial they are the same, so I'd just go for whichever one you prefer.

I agree that CS2111 is a better buy that the TAG Heuer version, CW2110

5. imagwai

imagwai Aug 20, 2019

What movement do these watches have David? Is it the same manual wind as in the Carrera re-editions, or automatic?

6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 20, 2019

It's the Calibre 17 movement- which comes in both two and three register versions

AC Koch and imagwai like this.