1. Barthobson

Barthobson Nov 30, 2017

Hi I have had a TAG Heuer Link Chronograph Calibre 16 Blue for just over 10 years now, and it looks just like the day I bought it! and its had a few bashes, so I'm very happy with its durability. But I was wondering if there was a way of the watch knowing how many days there are in a particular month? Like November has 30 days, after which I manually have to advance it 1 day to get to the 1st December. Not too big a deal but I'm just curious. Thanks

2. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Nov 30, 2017

Well i think the complication you are looking for is Annual or Perpetual. It's actually a rather expensive complication if you ask me.

I don't think Tag Heuer have either of it that i know of. But lets hear it from the experts in here.

I am curious myself.

Barthobson likes this.
  3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 30, 2017

Pretty sure Otto is right, I don't think you can get a perpetual TAG and if you could it would cost a fair bit - but then maybe Mr Biver is working on this? On the other hand my F1 Kirium and my Microtimer both know how many days are in every month! :)

Barthobson likes this.
  4. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Nov 30, 2017

Anything is possible with Biver. :) in Biver we trust.

What's next after affordable tourbillon and Heuer 03 ? .....

Shoutout for both Kirium and Microtimer btw :thumbsup:

Barthobson and dtf like this.
  5. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Nov 30, 2017

TAG Heuer equation of time?

Barthobson and OttoWilliam like this.
  6. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Dec 1, 2017

That is one of complication that i like as well. Although i'll be happy and satisfied if tag heuer release 3 hander with moonphase.

Barthobson likes this.
  7. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 1, 2017

New longines conquest vhp has perpetual calender for about 1000 Euro. If I remember correctly the date does not need to be set until at least year 2100.

Barthobson likes this.
  8. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Dec 1, 2017

Yeah but as far as i know VHP is quartz. Not mechanical.

Barthobson and Jim Dollares like this.
  9. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 3, 2017

Yes of course. Forgot to mention that.

In my eyes quartz is the only way to avoid having to set time, date, day etc over and over (unless you have 1 mechanical you wear everyday). Perpetual calendar on a mechanical is also usually a real pain in the ass to set date etc?

dtf likes this.
  10. Barthobson

Barthobson Dec 3, 2017

Thanks Guys, You're right I was thinking along the lines of Annual or Perpetual I have a couple of Citizen Eco-Drive Gents' Perpetual Calendar Watches (not as illustrious as some of the pieces you guys have mentioned here) And they were a real pain to set up, but once its done they're fine. So I wondered whether I was missing a trick with my TAG, but turns out I wasn't! Thanks once again for your inputs

11. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Dec 3, 2017

Mechanical Annual Calendars or Perpetual Calendars are expensive, very expensive.

An Annual Calendar will take account of the 30/31 days and February only having 28 days. It will not do leap years.

A Perpetual Calendar also takes account of leap years and usually displays the current year in the 4 year leap cycle.

There are resonably priced quartz offerings.

TAG Heuer does not produce either.

Edited Dec 3, 2017
    dtf likes this.
  12. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Dec 3, 2017

Since we are discussing annual and perpetual. I would like to chip in a small something that i found.

One of the affordable swiss made perpetual mechanical watch was made by the frederique constant brand. And it's still cost around USD 9000.

I guess i never know if i can afford any Swiss Mechanical Perpetual Tourbillon watch someday.

13. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Dec 3, 2017

14. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Dec 4, 2017

Me, I’ll stick to the calendar on my desk or diary in my pocket, or an old citizen quartz that gets an odd airing.