1. kelvinj520

kelvinj520 May 7, 2019

So I just found out that TAG Heuer made a Jo Siffert edition Autavia in 2018. I know they are pretty rare and only 100 exist but does anyone know what they are trading at? My grail watch is a black dial/steel bezel Daytona and was wondering if I should just save up in the long haul for the Daytona or pick up the Siffert within the year.

autavia.jpg
  2. ASW

ASW May 7, 2019

If your grail is a Daytona I would say you’ll struggle with the Autavia - comparatively it’s a lot larger. 42mm vs the Daytona’s 38.5 but the biggest difference will be the height, the Autavia is positively wedge sized compared to the Rolex.

That said, I am a massive fan of the Autavia and the Daytona has never done anything for me. I’d try both on - the C11 Autavia (designed by our very own DC) is exactly the same size as all the other current ones. You probably won’t find a SS Daytona anywhere so maybe try a PM one and ignore the additional weight....

3. kelvinj520

kelvinj520 May 7, 2019

Thanks for the input, I do have a formula 1 which is 42mm and the size fits fine. It's more the history that watches have behind them both being worn by famous racing drivers and being used in racing. I will take a trip to my AD and try on the Autavia, I don't think the size will be a problem. It probably still will be less than half the cost of a Daytona and I won't have to wait over 2 years to get one. Plus the subtle blue details on the Siffert are a nice touch.

4. TonyStark

TonyStark May 7, 2019

Definitely try on an autavia and see how you like it.

I was nervous about the size based on the reviews, however I liked mine so much I now have two....!

I think they are much underrated and agree they are a good value proposition.

There are a few different variants available, The sifferts do come up every now and again for resale.

5. Hubert

Hubert May 7, 2019

This was a Limited Edition that resulted from the collaboration of @Calibre11 with TAG Heuer.
    https://www.calibre11.com/2018-heuer-autavia-jo-siffert-collectors-edition-cbe2114/

There have been some postings out our Marketplace. Some pretty high.

I suggest opening a WTB post on our Marketplace; as you never know if someone who has one, would be willing to sell it.

6. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 May 11, 2019

Rolex just don’t hold an interest for me, had the chance but, nah, not my thing, maybe because whenever a non watch person sees a nice watch they ask, “is that a rolex?” no ideas about anything else.

7. abrod520

abrod520 May 12, 2019

Or if you see someone wearing one and say, "Hey, that's a nice Submariner / GMT-Master etc" there's a really good chance they'll correct you and say, "No it's a Rolex"

Jim Dollares likes this.
  8. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares May 12, 2019

Mohahaha :D Got me thinking of when I asked a co-worker about his speedmaster, I asked "oooh what speedmaster is that?" and his response was "I don't know" ::facepalm2:: not even sure he knows its a speedmaster, just that it is an Omega (something expensive to wear with the suit) :rolleyes:

9. abrod520

abrod520 May 13, 2019

That's unusual, most of the "I want a nice watch and don't care what it is" people go straight to Rolex, Panerai or TAG. Guess this one just had slightly better taste :rolleyes:

Jim Dollares likes this.
  10. elbeik

elbeik May 13, 2019

Same thing with Audemars' offshore; it's all about the color.