Is the TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 02T worth it ?

1. dc42

dc42 Feb 17, 2017

First Rolexes I've seen I actually like. Normally too old fashioned or stuffy for me. My brother owns one and I much prefer my tag.

2. Hubert

Hubert Feb 17, 2017

Yes, also I prefer many TAG Heuer/s including the new Autavia over those two as well.

3. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Feb 17, 2017

Me, I go for the Paneri, the 02T is not for me.

4. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Feb 17, 2017

Between 'em all, i like tag heuer better.

But between panerai or rolex...i still prefer rolex. I am just not into panerai.

Between panerai or omega...i still prefer omega.

Most of my friends own Panerai. But i am not into them. At least not yet.

5. parag

parag Feb 20, 2017

Hi there noticed the tread Thought I'll put my 2 pence in.
    As far as I am aware the tag phantom would be difficult to get hold of I have asked many AD in the UK and nobody can get one. Even speaking to UK tag or the company they are unsure on how many they will get I was number 9.

Iconic watches list for sale or pre order but not convinced they will actually get one. Maybe wrong

In regards to the standard ones there is one on watchfinder at 10950£.

Good luck in your journey you would love the watch

6. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 20, 2017

Iconic import their watches so maybe they would have a better chance (having several sources?)... having bought from them myself they seem very professional.

7. imagwai

imagwai Feb 21, 2017

I once bought a Nomos Metro from Iconic Watches. Lead time was quoted at several weeks but they managed to find one for me in a couple of days. Came with full warranty and price was best on the web.

8. dc42

dc42 Feb 21, 2017

Did Iconic supply a proper Tag 2 year warranty?

9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 21, 2017

I got a warranty card which was stamped by the supplier (in Italy).

10. automobilia42

automobilia42 Feb 21, 2017

Just getting back at the original question: Is the TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 02T worth it ?
    Yes, absolutely, at that price for a Tourbillon, it beats all the competition watches.
    Would I buy it?
    No, how much I tried, I just don't like it (personal taste).

11. MrJKLFoams

MrJKLFoams Mar 9, 2017

I donno the hate about Tag Heuer when they actually release great timepieces. All I know is that buying watch for investment is definitely not good. I buy watch bcoz I like it and not to show off. Buy what makes you happy and not to make someone happy. I owned 3 Tag Heuer carrera's now and I luv them. Lets face it most of the time people dont really care or notice the watch that you are wearing. Just saying.

Edited Mar 9, 2017
  12. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Mar 9, 2017

So true. Only watch nerd will notice it most of the time.

13. MrJKLFoams

MrJKLFoams Mar 9, 2017

Yeah thats the good side of collecting timepieces unless someone knows it its invisible to everyone except your self.

14. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Mar 9, 2017

Funny fact that i noticed almost all politicans that being caught under corruption charges in my country 90% are using RM. Not really implying anything here. It just the thing i noticed over the years.

15. MrJKLFoams

MrJKLFoams Mar 9, 2017

People might think its G shock so no big deal.

16. ianmar2112

ianmar2112 Mar 16, 2017

After reading all the comments about the original statement/question, many seemed to move away from the questions and show their other watches or about Rolex and Panerai. As a watch collector for many years, not seriously onto any particular brands, the Heuer 02T definitely make noises in the watch world, a flying Tourbillon without the bridge, with a 12 hours chrono register, and selling according to TH, under CHF15,000, for me IMHO is the buy of the decade. Nothing remotely close to this config apart from RM which goes into the sky-high price bracket. TH has a world class winner here, apart from lacking a date and flyback, for this price, it won't go unnoticed. As for some worried about resale value, I think most owners of the 02T will keep more than put back onto the market unless he/she needs the proceeds urgently. Yes I agreed Rolex, PP, AP, RM, retained a fairly stable secondhand value. If one to buy a 02T already thinking of its resale value before even paid for one, then forget it. This 02T to me is a masterpiece from Tag Heuer, combining form, functionality, practicality, and price, in one superb package. I, for one, bought and love it more than my Ceramic AP...

151106-HEUER-02-1.jpg

Cecil, erich77 and Hubert like this.
  17. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Mar 17, 2017

Comment of the year ! :thumbsup: a personal call from Biver himself expected anytime soon :whistling: