If you couldn’t get a discount...

1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 10, 2019

..what other benefit would sway you to buy from one outlet vs. another? Additional year on the warranty? Free service? Extra strap? Branded hat/ shirt/ book/ other?

2. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jan 10, 2019

I already got hat, sun glasses, bag, book, power bank, but my main concern is still the discount i could get.

If it was the same discount between the two outlets then i will consider the gift. The best gift i chosen so far before was the Tag Heuer sun glasses. Not that it available anymore but before they were selling it rather high.

3. Hubert

Hubert Jan 11, 2019

How about reward points towards a future purchase?

4. imagwai

imagwai Jan 11, 2019

Very unlikely that I would be visiting different outlets and comparing gifts and extras, but if they were offering then it would be a simple choice of who was offering the most (whether that be warranty, gifts and so on). I guess a welcoming and friendly atmosphere would also be a key factor if nobody would budge on price.

5. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 11, 2019

Depends on whether or not I had a 'relationship' with the dealer I guess. But leaving that aside, a free service sounds good, that or a longer warranty.

6. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG Jan 11, 2019

More than the discount, it’s the quality of the service and attention I get from the staff of the shop what makes me choose one dealer from another.

Of course a nice book (as the 55 years Carrera, or the Autavia history) or some other promotional TH gift that you can’t buy otherwise, or the invitation to some exclusive brand sponsored event, is always welcomed ;), but I already consider this kind of details as part of the service and attention from the staff.

7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 11, 2019

Actually, thinking about it, I think the dealer's attitude is more important than the price to a certain extent. I mean, yes if there was a dealer I didn't like that was offering £500 discount then I would probably go with that, but if there was somewhere that had afforded me a lot of time allowing me to try on many different pieces then I wouldn't quibble over £100... I guess I probably try on more watches than most people though so my perspective may be a little different than most.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  8. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jan 11, 2019

Additional warranty would appeal so long as it was a manufacturer warranty and not the outlet. Service, again good, but would need to be by the manufacturer. The reason being an outlet can disappear.

I've often thought watches that are offered with a choice of a strap or bracelet should actually just come with both.

Nice presentation boxes would be good.

Books are always nice but they would need to be better proof read than the Carrera 55 book.

Club 360 and its offerings were rather good while it existed in Australia.

9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 11, 2019

I don't think that would sway me much since all mine live on top of the wardrobe and I suspect many other people do the same... it is nice to get a nice box though. My Grand Carrera box was lovely, pity I only saw it twice - once on the way in and once on the way out!:)

Remo likes this.
  10. dtf

dtf Jan 11, 2019

Convince for warranty return is the biggest factor if I'm not shopping on price.

11. Lugduno

Lugduno Jan 12, 2019

Oh I really miss those sun glasses TH did for a couple of years! I had one pair for quite long time but lost them on a layover in Hong Kong which was a shame because they were the best glasses I’ll ever have had.

OttoWilliam likes this.
  12. THJunkie

THJunkie Jan 12, 2019

This. Even if the discount were not equal I’d prefer to go with the AD I feel i can trust and who seems to value your custom beyond a sumple $ transaction. I’ve switched ADs for this very reason. I’ll still strive for a good discount as well

Edited Jan 13, 2019
    TonyStark and Albert-AMG like this.
  13. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jan 13, 2019

I know right !

14. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 13, 2019

Thanks for these responses. I'd love to organise something with TAG Heuer that gave a benefit to Calibre 11 readers who bought a watch...after all, this is where their most loyal customers/ collectors are.

I suspect the most viable would be the extra year warranty, as I imagine this could only work on watches bought either online or via a TAG Heuer boutique.

Anyway, I'll keep thinking..let's see if we can get something organised.

snk11388 and dtf like this.
  15. imagwai

imagwai Jan 13, 2019

So a Calibre11 discount is out of the question then? :)

16. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 13, 2019

It is ;)

17. imagwai

imagwai Jan 13, 2019

Might lead to a load of ghost members signing up just for the discount I guess.

18. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jan 13, 2019

Or an extended warranty. There are ways around that though such as a members only section of the forum that you need to qualify to join. Criteria could be number of posts, length of membership or some combination thereof.

Details of any benefits would be contained in the members only section and not spruiked outside these 4 walls.

19. THJunkie

THJunkie Jan 13, 2019

To be honest TH are going to have to up their warranty game before I likely drop >£4k on any of their new models again. 2 years is just too short.

Mr_Orange likes this.
  20. elbeik

elbeik Jan 14, 2019

How about a travel pouch or something to the like?
    Discount remains bestest