Hiroshi strikes again! Formula 1 Heuer 02 Fragment Design by Fujiwara

1. Ara

Ara Jun 18, 2020

Yeah, the part about the bezel I didn't understand. Doesn't make sense.

But I like the rest. Especially like the dial. I think the fragment red markers look better on a F1 than they did on the Carrera.

fujiwara2.jpg
    kappa_md likes this.
  2. cwsbbb

cwsbbb Jun 19, 2020

14.2 height with the Heuer 02 movement is very encouraging. Can we get this lower thickness as a new trend please.

I think it is a great modern re-interpretation of the Autavia and in some ways I like the design better than the original.

3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 19, 2020

I'm again somewhat confused by the idea that the tachymetre bezel could rotate.... I thought they were always fixed, how on earth could you use it if it moved?

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 19, 2020

New Fragment x TAG Heuer Formula 1 Heuer 02 by @escapementuk

4B2E08B7-5892-46CC-9EE4-B87BB1A6EEC7.jpeg

Snowy, cwsbbb, THJunkie and 3 others like this.
  5. Yago

Yago Jun 19, 2020

A fixed bezel allows you to measure distance or speed once. I suppose moving the bezel zero position to a new distance marker on the road, would allow you to measure speed again without having to reset the chronograph. A sort of rattrapante tachy. You would have to be precise in handling though. Make sense?

6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jun 19, 2020

abrod520 and Anthony.R like this.
  7. imagwai

imagwai Jun 19, 2020

Not bad, but personally I'm not sure it looks like a £5000 watch

Mspeedster and Anthony.R like this.
  8. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 19, 2020

Makes perfect sense but it doesn't sound very practical. I think a flyback complication is easier to use and more accurate.

9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 19, 2020

It sounds about as implausible as that caliper Grand Carrera to be honest...

10. El Matarife

El Matarife Jun 19, 2020

That describes me too.

kappa_md likes this.
  11. abrod520

abrod520 Jun 19, 2020

And far more complex and expensive to produce, purchase, and repair - especially if it's living a rough-and-tumble life like the Autavia was intended to

12. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 19, 2020

Nothing wrong with the F1, it's great watch for its price. The problem for me is this particular F1 is priced along side the Monaco, and is even higher than your average Carrera or Autavia. After seeing the wrist shot above posted by @Calibre11, I'm afraid most who see it, if they know a thing or two about watches, will think it's just a typical quartz F1.

BTW, I commend you for your loyalty to brand. For me, life is too short to not sample other makes. Variety is the spice of life. :)

kappa_md likes this.
  13. THJunkie

THJunkie Jun 19, 2020

very wise words. I’d add that sometimes having a sense of humour also helps with the enjoyment of the hobby. They are at the end of the day all discretionary purchases. At whatever price points none are necessary and the privilege to be able to buy one, never mind a collection puts us all in a very fortunate position.

As for rolex and AP. Well I don’t buy into the line that Rolex represents buying power. If that were true why would so many of those who admire them talk and ‘worry’ so much about residual value? Surely the real sign of affluence is buying something that depreciates the moment you leave the shop and which will never recover again.

Edited Jun 19, 2020
    abrod520 and kappa_md like this.
  14. El Matarife

El Matarife Jun 19, 2020

I think it's cool. I really like the dial, red sapphire(?) caseback and the bracelet. I don't understand the significance of the SN logo and the word 'Fragment" though. I'm not down wid da kidz... I'm really not a fan of tachymeter bezels though. Although I'm glad it doesn't rotate!

Edit: I do think that fixed bezels should not be knurled. If they don't move, they should look like they're not supposed to move!

Edited Jun 19, 2020
  15. kappa_md

kappa_md Jun 19, 2020

Appreciate your comments & inputs @Mspeedster @El Matarife @THJunkie :):):)

For the variety, I still have alot of things in Heuer/TAG Heuer that tickles my fancy ;) Probably the reason why I chose to be loyal is because I believe in the values the brand stand for. Something that also drives my conviction & passion :thumbsup: But I still do appreciate & admire the beauty of other things Heuer/TAG Heuer :D

I agree with you sir @THJunkie , I could probably describe myself as a TH junkie also :D Yes we are fortunate & blessed. Very thankful :thumbsup:

Yes this TH Fragment F1 is nice, probably the nicest with its Calibre Heuer 02 movement! If I win the lottery, I’d get one :p

Remo and THJunkie like this.
  16. calibre11user

calibre11user Jun 20, 2020

Why is the tachymeter bezel on this new watch so asymmetrically busy at 11 o'clock? Is there a name for this style of tachymeter to distinguish it from other bezels in the Carrera and Formula 1 lines?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anthony.R likes this.
  17. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 20, 2020

It includes 63 and 66 whereas the other two only show 65.

18. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jun 20, 2020

I’ll pass, not for me, one more for you guys.

Anthony.R likes this.
  19. THJunkie

THJunkie Jun 20, 2020

Does the mechanism scale to that strange tachy design? Or is it a case of bad-form over function? Seems very odd.

20. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 20, 2020

It isn't a strange scale. It is the same scale with different labels on it. That is all.