1. Remo

Remo Oct 20, 2018

Hello guys. How do you think about this Dilemma:
    For a short time I might have the chance to snatch one of those limited edition (200 pieces) s/el Jo Siffert Heuers for a fairly good price. The watch was mentioned by DC in this article on the TAG Heuer Museum:
    https://www.calibre11.com/a-trip-to-the-tag-heuer-museum/
    But then I possibly might not be able to afford the 50th years Monaco, in case it will be available early in the next year.
    I know I am a sucker for that 'limited edition once in a lifetime chance' trick.
    But how would you solve this? Thx for any advice.

2. abrod520

abrod520 Oct 20, 2018

Well, the 50th Anniversary Monaco is still not yet a given, as likely as it may be. Also, TAG has trouble selling out 2,000 units of any LE - there are still a great many unsold Jack Heuer 85th Autavias out there (and even more on the secondary market for a huge discount). I'd say buy the old one first if you want it, then wait to grab a Monaco once it has depreciated 40% by the end of next year.

Remo likes this.
  3. Remo

Remo Oct 21, 2018

Thank you very much for your advisement.
    At the moment I tend to pass on the s/el since I didn't get all the information I asked for from the seller.
    If you are talking about depreciation you talk about grey market pricing right? I am very hesitant about that; I've read so many warnings to be cautious, from people who had a lot of troubles with watches from the greys... :cautious::cautious::cautious:?

4. abrod520

abrod520 Oct 21, 2018

No, the secondary market. Used watches. Most new watches depreciate as soon as the warranty cards are signed; TAGs drop like a rock

5. Remo

Remo Oct 21, 2018

O.k. I see. But then again, on chrono24 e.g. you never know if the watches have been bought from an AD, do you? Or would you request a picture of the guarantee card from the seller?

6. abrod520

abrod520 Oct 22, 2018

A photo of the guarantee card should be fine but do your research on what they look like. Lots of grey market watches come with a "warranty" card too

7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 23, 2018

Last I heard, there will be a 50th Anniversary Monaco (Monacos?), but I have no idea what it will be...

Hubert and Remo like this.
  8. Remo

Remo Oct 23, 2018

I guess 'a lot' of people would like the round pushers and maybe a case even closer to the 1133B.
    I hope the asking price will not be as much of a premium as with the 40th anniversary LE. :whistling: