For fans of the Silverstone Re-edition

1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Apr 19, 2016

I looked back at the 2010 Silverstone re-edition today, because I think this is the approach that I expect TAG Heuer takes with the Autavia for 2017- that is, an (almost) exact copy.

Check out the Silverstone articles here, all updated with high-res images

http://www.calibre11.com/model/tag-heuer/tag-heuer-silverstone/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pitfitter446, abrod520 and Hubert like this.
  2. drunken monkey

drunken monkey Apr 21, 2016

That is one watch that i really wish my wrists were big enough to wear.

More than the Monaco, it looks just right on the old NSA bracelets and I love that convex "bezel" lip. That blue on the bracelet in that photo woudnt look or of place in a modern line up.

3. Hubert

Hubert Apr 22, 2016

When this one came out, I was never really compelled to buy it. Sure it would be nice to have one on the collection to "tick a box", but the design never really did it for me.

Other modern reinterpretations of classic pieces, have evolved the original lines and dare I say, most of those have been arguably better. But I just never got the appeal of this one.

4. elbeik

elbeik Apr 22, 2016

It' beautiful, but I wouldn't wear it. But that's just me.
    A Monaco is challenging to wear already and tricky to integrate with your wardrobe, but the Silverstone is in a totally different league.

5. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Apr 23, 2016

The mistake that TAG Heuer made with the Silverstone was listening to the vintage collectors who were pushing for it to be re-made. It's always been a niche watch rather than a design that has broad appeal. And of course having encouraged for it to be re-issued, most vintage collectors then said, well, it's too expensive and I'll stick to the original!

I love the Silverstone...it's my favorite vintage Heuer and there are certainly days when I regret selling my NOS Blue example (the one in the photos). But I do think that it's a "harder" watch to sell than say another vintage-themed Carrera.

Dc