1. BobC44

BobC44 Jul 30, 2018

The new range of Heuer 02 Autavias grows to 6 or 7 strong, more on the way no doubt. Each will have their fans and detractors , but each is still someone else's idea of an ideal modern Autavia.

I wonder if TAG have thought of (maybe already discounted) introducing the ability to buy an online customisable Autavia. The case and movement are a given. However, the dial, bezel, sub-dial and hands could all be offered as a custom watch build.

The ability to build a luxury item online against a custom menu choice isn't novel, it's been done with cars, shoes, clothes etc.

Sure, there would be a premium to pay, but would there be enough interest to make it viable for TAG. Personally, I would love this approach to building my own heritage TAG, I could get the watch I wanted that way.

Perhaps it would be seen as diminishing the brand, I don't know. Is there is merit in allowing the customer to choose the watch they want?

2. ali23g

ali23g Jul 30, 2018

Edited Jul 31, 2018
  3. Gambba

Gambba Jul 30, 2018

Yep as @ali23g says Bamford already does this, and they are actually partnered with Tag Heuer to offer this service. So basically Tag already do what you’re suggesting :thumbsup:

BobC44 likes this.
  4. BobC44

BobC44 Jul 31, 2018

Shame about that bezel, no tachy.