Forums Latest Auctions Members
  1. Syrte

Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Oct 30, 2018

Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

Infrequent poster here, I hang out mostly on other forums.
    Curious about current market value of the Heuer Solunar? Is it a big watch?

I’m aware various examples of the Seafarer chrono have sold between 20k and 60k (at a Spring Philiips auction IiRC) but have not heard about a Solunar on the open market.

Just to be clear, I don’t own one and never will— but I like colorful watches and I find those caribbean colors appealing, especially as they are so rare in that time period. Grateful for any info to quell my curiosity.

Here’s a picture from Tag Heuer Website (1949) and from Pinterest -credit Mark Golebiewski.
    (PS ironically the picture from Tag Heuer looks like a horrible redial —no idea what that is. The really nice one is the vintage Abercrombie and Fitch from pinterest).

ABF28858-42CC-44F8-A3A1-9B386E2CA290.png 04608F6F-4C6A-42C7-92F8-9C0FAA732107.png
  2. abrod520

abrod520 Oct 30, 2018

This confused me because it's early in the morning here and I forgot which forum I was on ::facepalm2::

Here's a better resource for Solunar information - http://www.onthedash.com/watches/solunar/

They're not very large, I think 36mm. I don't know how much they go for though since they're super rare - however, WatchRecon turns up 2 for sale currently in the 9-10k range. One has been for sale since June at that price though, so I'd say it's probably worth a good bit less than that ask.

Syrte likes this.
  3. Syrte

Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Oct 30, 2018

Thank you A...I didn’t find size info on Onthedash - but the info about the ones on Watchrecon is helpful. The seller on Chronocentric pwriterman is a dealer so that gives me an idea.