1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 20, 2016

2. BPD

BPD Dec 20, 2016

Man, some harsh comments about the watch/TAG on there. Seems like the TAG bashing is still going strong!

3. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Dec 20, 2016

Yeah i just read the comments section after you mention it. Funny how its still going on and on. Yesterday i watched a youtube channel also bashing TAG, although he admit that his knowledge of TAG was like 5 years ago.
    The funny thing i collected upon reading/watching these basher was that they tend to worship brands like invicta, oris, seiko, gshock, tissot, timex, etc you get my point. While i got nothing against these brands, but personally i would not even consider to purchase any of em except maybe oris. Most complaint are always price wise in comparison too. These are the people that always looking for "lookalike", in my opinion.- Rolex submariner ? Nah, too expensive, invicta will be the "lookalike" yap that's bang for a buck - kind of person. Its very hard to rationalize with them. I'd say, none of the most expensive watch can be compare to swiss military because they can be dropped from the sky and still working fine ! What a logic !
    Dont think they understand what tourbillon is either...

4. BPD

BPD Dec 20, 2016

5. BPD

BPD Dec 20, 2016

What bothers me is these clowns are screaming and yelling at the price for an ETA movement but these are probably the same clowns paying double the amount for an ETA movement say in a Panerai! Oh wait, it's OK! It's a PANERAI AND NOT A TAG! Drives me INSANE! Sorry guys, old age getting to me. Happy Holidays!

6. dtf

dtf Dec 20, 2016

Comments are amusing, personaly I like it because it's not a generic sub clone. Agree on the pricing comments thou, I'd pay grey market prices for that, but not retail.

OttoWilliam likes this.
  7. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Dec 21, 2016

To be honest, ETA is already reliable. Probably some are reliable than some in house. I am sure everyone know or heard about one particular panerai in house that is "uninspirational" to put it in good word.

Funny they dont bashed breitling while most of their watches are ETA based. (Yes, they do have BR01 in house movement though)

What annoys me is that they worshipped seiko but bashing calibre 1887 as if TH sleeping with the devil. I mean come on, the DESIGN, the finishing of the watch and the MOVEMENT is uncomparable between the two. Hence the price difference. What ? Since old time good design are worth the price. But they keep saying things like "if you want seiko go buy seiko". Excuse me, i dont want seiko. But i want carrera in house movement. It would not be the same wanting it if it is named corona and seiko produced (for example only)

Actually most of this haters, WONT or DONT buy in house calibre watch anyway due to their price.

I am feeling you BPD

Happy holiday !

8. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Dec 21, 2016

I am not sure what they mean by retail. How many % of discount usually one can get on grey market ? I always purchase on AD or boutique so i wouldnt know. Usually i get 25 - 30 % discount from pricelist. Pricelist usually are the same everywhere (maybe little bit currency difference but not much as i recall). The best i ever got was 35% but that was including VAT return which i never really know when they gonna return the difference to me

9. dtf

dtf Dec 21, 2016

Jomashop is listing it at $1960usd, TH online store is listing it at $2800usd, so about 35% in this case (not sure where the $3500 quoted in the blog has come from, is that CAD or AUD?). I'm imagine you could get it somewhere close to the grey price in an outlet thou.

I'm personally quite tempted at $1960, although I don't know if I want a pvd watch for a tool watch.

Regarding movements, I would rather a ETA that is bulletproof, proven and can be serviced throughout the world by independents, then an in house movement that HAS to go back to tag. I don't really get the fascination with in house movements, it seems like a smart marketing exercise.

Edited Dec 21, 2016
    OttoWilliam likes this.